-

"
OWazabi wrote:
Seems like dying is not an option at all, so I wondered if this build has the regen capabilities for it.
You could try a setup with vitality (even low rank) with life on hit watcher's eye w/ vitality, or any other life on hit mods (I think elder rings have some?) TR can't leech well, but it hits so many times life on hit could be a good option.

P.S. You could also try Asenath's chant helmet with essence drain in it.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 9, 2021, 1:18:11 AM
"
OWazabi wrote:
Lemme know what this update made you think of. :3

Nothing actually. :)
Once the patch notes come out, I'll have an opinion.
"
OWazabi wrote:
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this build for 3.14?
Seems like dying is not an option at all, so I wondered if this build has the regen capabilities for it.

Patch notes haven't came out yet, but assuming if nothing change for the build, it will be all good

If you are wondering about the survivability of the build, please check the short build showcase in front of the thread
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
ComfyExo wrote:
"
Anyways, I would welcome anyone who would like to optimize my take on the build, it is really cool how many different things people come up with.
Interesting take on the build. Survivability-wise it should be way up there since you're both dodge and mom, although I'm curious if it's better than going a divine flesh route.

Yeah, it honestly feels very strong defensively. Not getting hit, and when I do get hit, it is immensely mitigated by the MoM effect intervening. I should look into the divine flesh route, maybe tinker with it with whatever time I will have before the new league starts!

"
ComfyExo wrote:
Damage-wise though since you're not using cluster jewels, it's gonna be a bit subpar, but you have around 9-10m dmg right now I believe and that's pretty much enough to map comfortably, although I'm not sure about the bossing part. But I guess your high ehp and being a pathfinder can help with that. You do have a bit of surplus fire and lightning resists though. Maybe trade some of that with some offensive mods. One example is in your gloves. You could trade the fire res for chaos damage over time multiplier. If you have the currency or are willing to craft it, you could double influence your gloves as warlord hunter so you can also trade your evasion rating with damage over time mod. Also trade your smoke mine with a divergent one, it's better for damage. But if you're using it for culling strike (although I personally am not sure how that works), then stick with default one then.

Damage is totally fine to be fair, I have been bossing quite a lot and it was really good currency return too. Based on what I've been searching there are some other high end currency optimization alternatives but that is another topic and just playing some maps, doing the bosses with a "purposeful" grind is simply more fun for me.

I believe with an active enough play style this version would do perfectly fine for hardcore as well. You should really be actively looking out for risks on the "dangerous" end of the spectrum to die, like overlapping map mods which synergize greatly - alas not for you. I've been able to mitigate most, if not every big thing Elder, Shaper, and Sirus threw at me. Then again it doesn't mean this build is indeed for face tanking.

For resistance, I am just a bit overcapped, no?
If you are referring to the Dying Sun flask uptime for the resistance part, I never tried it. For mapping I am not seeing an issue. However, for bossing I need to see what kind of an uptime I would have on the resistances. I tried crafting some gloves but then settled for the triple high tier resistance one. There are some, like you mentioned which feeds damage over time and attack speed even further. I found out, and as the guide presents (not mathematically or anything) attack speed is really beneficial once you have some basis for your damage i.e. + gems.

For culling I use Blink Arrow. Was just trying out Smoke Mine for the movement speed buff.

"
ComfyExo wrote:
I'm curious if you're interested in going divine flesh route too with a xibaqua jewel socketed near eternal youth. You do lose the two mana nodes and two life nodes from scion tree, but it gives a lot of survivability. You can unallocate some life nodes here and there (above blood siphon and to the right of blood drinker) and maybe the two mana nodes near eternal youth since they'll be useless once the timeless jewel is socketed. You can get more chaos res for divine flesh in ring and belt, trading light res and fire res for chaos res respectively. If you're up to it, maybe trading ms in quiver for 2% max chaos res through harvest, although it's spooky since you might hit your cdot multi. All in all you lose 20% max life (possibly just 10% if you get to lvl 100) from losing the life nodes, but divine flesh makes up for that tremendously well.

Yes, the tree is something I would like to optimize further but I do not see any other possibilities. Your take, I will check it out. Got to see what I can do for the Chaos Resistance.

I do not want to risk the quiver, it left me with a few Exalted Orbs :)

"
ComfyExo wrote:
Doing all of this, you're gonna be left with 75/75/75 res still, although fire res is gonna be questionable coz you're gonna depend on dying sun for max fire res. If you're gonna do all this, hopefully you can do it in time since league ends soon (4 days i think). Otherwise, you got an interesting take on TR survivability-wise :)

Just a few notes I wanted to mention which before I have not:

Big damage coming in > Enduring Cry+Immortal Call+Withering Step(if it is up, has a pretty low cooldown, also applies 11 Withered) - let MoM take care of the rest;
I do not think I have enough AoE to optimize the amount of projectiles I have, but definitely helps with clear regardless;
Can't be 100% on allocation for Far Sight and Thick Skin;
Tree has 2 Attribute allocations, this bugs me, I think the Amulet would be the best option to find an upgrade regarding these, replacing the Aspect of the Spider;
Speaking of Aspect of the Spider, I use it as a mini damage boost, toggling it on and off during mini intervals where I know I will not take any damage, lasts like 10 seconds;
I tried, with the Watcher's Eye jewel I have, ditching Supreme Ego for further MoM and regenaration boost, in the end, Supreme Ego it is.

Ultimatum League seems really nice, if I do give another go for Toxic Rain, I want to do something different once again...

Last edited by QYNExile on Apr 9, 2021, 11:36:05 AM
"
Ultimatum League seems really nice, if I do give another go for Toxic Rain, I want to do something different once again...

Yeah I'm a bit interested in the new cruelty support gem. I wonder if it can be used in this build. I'm also wondering if the new lifetap support gem can be used too and mitigate the life cost with cinderswallow leech. Both support gems have a "more" tag so they might be better than void manipulation, vicious proj, or swift affliction. Petrified blood is also interesting, but personally I just find it spooky to see your life bar seemingly cut in half. But who knows, it might be good for this build.

Hey is it worth to start as Raider and swap to pathfinder after we get some gear?
"
Sickcount wrote:
Hey is it worth to start as Raider and swap to pathfinder after we get some gear?
Unless you play hardcore, I think it's the opposite - you go PF early to get the early damage, and then if by any chance you feel like you have too much damage not enough dodge you can swap to raider, but if you want to go damage all the way you stay PF or try deadeye.

If you want faster mapping pick nature's adrenaline early.
"
Sickcount wrote:

not worth it if you aren't someone that can make a huge difference with a 1-2 hours advantage to the market.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Did you guys see the new skills? Lifetap has potential, it increases damage by 20% for a short period and makes the skill cost life instead of mana, that's very strong for TR, the replacement would be efficacy or mirage archer
"
idkwat wrote:
Did you guys see the new skills? Lifetap has potential, it increases damage by 20% for a short period and makes the skill cost life instead of mana, that's very strong for TR, the replacement would be efficacy or mirage archer

mirage archer is 28% more so we will have to wait and see the scaling first. Also your life might be draining really quick if you can't recover it fast with your life flask, but still we will have to wait and see

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info