-

"
TKMaxx715 wrote:

In terms of hierarchy, this is my opinion from the last couple of leagues testing:
1. CJ + quill rain (zoom zoom and CHEAP)
2. CJ + budget crafted bow (more damage, much less zoom, still pretty cheap)
3a (Tied). Double Corrupted CJ + quill rain (zoom zoom, more damage, expensive)
3b (Tied). min-maxed crafted bow + CJ (lots of damage, less zoom, expensive)
4. min-maxed crafted bow + crafted armor + AoE on other gear to compensate for CJ. (lots of damage, zoom effect is mitigated from attack speed sources, but very expensive to put together in a COMPLETE package).

I currently have a double-corrupted CJ (bought for 40ex from money I made crafting items) and a crafted bow, and while the attack speed isn't crazy like Quill Rain, the calculator says I have a bit more damage and it feels that way. Because I don't need to care about the +skill on bow mods, it was pretty easy to craft a bow with perfect DOT multipliers.

I did a bit of research to see if I could try to eventually swap out my double-corrupted Carcass Jack. While it would increase my Life by >500, I was trying to figure out whether there might be a good offensive alternative.

• Carcass Jack gives about 2 AoE breakpoints. Each breakpoint is worth about 4% DPS if we're not capped already, according to the calculator.
  • We'd need to make up that 8% DPS somehow in a rare chest to make it worthwhile.

Here's the mods that I found that could help:

• 10% increased AoE from Essence of Hysteria. This is still a 30-40% loss in AoE.
  • You can apply an additional curse. I don't know of any curses that help us other than Despair, but this could be big and make up for it on its own if there's another curse we want to apply.
  • Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage. This is OK, but I think the explosion from Unspeakable Gifts cluster jewel notable (10% chance of 25% of their life) is a bit better, since it only results in us losing 25% increased AoE from Broadside
  • 21-25% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras. This could add ~4% back to the DPS

It looks like it only might be worth it if we added another curse other than Despair.

So my question is - is there a second curse this build could benefit from?
Last edited by arciinus on Feb 3, 2021, 7:34:57 PM
"
TKMaxx715 wrote:
Remi- thanks for the suggestion on using the MiA + Blast rain combination. After testing, I much prefer it to wither totems.

One suggestion is to consider switching out your silver flask for a cinderswallow if you're running the Blast rain setup. You now have the +dmg d/t blast rain as an ignite source and it is a HUGE survivability bonus. I stopped running a life flask while mapping because of it.

Also, you likely have 30-50% flask effect naturally from pathfinder, so really its a +15% increased damage, not just 10% cinderswallow effect.

So do we basically use both toxic rain and blast rain skill to clear maps right?
There are three 4-gem links in the gem section and skitterbots is mentioned but no setup for it? Am I safe to assume a second enlighten with skitterbots and precision?

Basically my helmet is empty and nothing to fill it with according to the guide with the gems.
Any update on the glove + 1 to socketed AoE gem with the new gem setup? It's not longer needed I think.
"
Wazzouf wrote:
Any update on the glove + 1 to socketed AoE gem with the new gem setup? It's not longer needed I think.

why is it not longer needed? you can still put your auras in it for +1 to them and the increased AoE is global afaik.
"
arciinus wrote:
"
TKMaxx715 wrote:

In terms of hierarchy, this is my opinion from the last couple of leagues testing:
1. CJ + quill rain (zoom zoom and CHEAP)
2. CJ + budget crafted bow (more damage, much less zoom, still pretty cheap)
3a (Tied). Double Corrupted CJ + quill rain (zoom zoom, more damage, expensive)
3b (Tied). min-maxed crafted bow + CJ (lots of damage, less zoom, expensive)
4. min-maxed crafted bow + crafted armor + AoE on other gear to compensate for CJ. (lots of damage, zoom effect is mitigated from attack speed sources, but very expensive to put together in a COMPLETE package).

I currently have a double-corrupted CJ (bought for 40ex from money I made crafting items) and a crafted bow, and while the attack speed isn't crazy like Quill Rain, the calculator says I have a bit more damage and it feels that way. Because I don't need to care about the +skill on bow mods, it was pretty easy to craft a bow with perfect DOT multipliers.

I did a bit of research to see if I could try to eventually swap out my double-corrupted Carcass Jack. While it would increase my Life by >500, I was trying to figure out whether there might be a good offensive alternative.

• Carcass Jack gives about 2 AoE breakpoints. Each breakpoint is worth about 4% DPS if we're not capped already, according to the calculator.
  • We'd need to make up that 8% DPS somehow in a rare chest to make it worthwhile.

Here's the mods that I found that could help:

• 10% increased AoE from Essence of Hysteria. This is still a 30-40% loss in AoE.
  • You can apply an additional curse. I don't know of any curses that help us other than Despair, but this could be big and make up for it on its own if there's another curse we want to apply.
  • Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage. This is OK, but I think the explosion from Unspeakable Gifts cluster jewel notable (10% chance of 25% of their life) is a bit better, since it only results in us losing 25% increased AoE from Broadside
  • 21-25% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras. This could add ~4% back to the DPS

It looks like it only might be worth it if we added another curse other than Despair.

So my question is - is there a second curse this build could benefit from?

Wouldn't using temporal chains work? From what I can tell it does help dot duration which helps dot damage. I've been anointing whisper of doom and i have a temporal chains and despair on hit and attack speed hands of high templar.

Rarity: Unique
Hands of the High Templar
Crusader Gloves
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Armour: 368 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 73 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 98
Dex: 68
Int: 98
--------
Sockets: B-B-B-R
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
8% increased Attack Speed (implicit)
Curse Enemies with Temporal Chains on Hit, with 44% increased Effect (implicit)
Curse Enemies with Despair on Hit, with 48% increased Effect (implicit)
--------
Can be modified while Corrupted
Can have up to 5 Implicit Modifiers while Item has this Modifier
184% increased Armour and Energy Shield
12% increased maximum Life
+20% to Fire and Lightning Resistances
--------
The laws of the faith do not apply to its leader.
--------
Corrupted

Seems to work well for me
I was meaning to ask, I was looking at PoB stats, and saw that Awakened Swift Affliction actually reduces duration more than normal Swift Affliction and aparently it's a big deal, so I'm a little confused as to why we should get this Awakened.

"
snip

This is not a bad idea actually. I'm gonna pla yaround that in PoB see what's up, Temporal Chains is great, especially for high speed mapping.
Although Hardened Scars is very good, but I've managed to reduced my mana usage to basically 0 with a Replica Conqueror's Efficiency, a Watcher's Eye with -mana with Clarity and two -mana crafts on both rings.

So I completely ditched my mana flask for a Dying Sun and kept the Hybrid Flask.

Last edited by idkwat on Feb 4, 2021, 12:22:11 AM
"

Wouldn't using temporal chains work?

I think the chaos damage over time effect from the pods is a ground effect and not something on the enemies thus temporal chains wouldn't effect the duration.

This is the text on temp chains: "Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower" - the chaos damage over time effect from TR isn't something that's on the enemy, it's an effect on the ground. So temporal chains wouldn't do anything for this build in terms of damage.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)
El Psy Kongroo.
Last edited by Zimtdrop on Feb 4, 2021, 4:41:56 AM
Hi guys, WTS this gear parts

IGN: DorozhnikEvgen
Last edited by Kartofaniwe on Feb 4, 2021, 5:36:44 AM
I followed the 114 points tree, but now when im watching the build tree with cluster, the top part is gone - Do i have to respec? I guess it's pretty obvious. :D It's so much pain to find a cluster early on, i guess i have to farm more!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info