-

"
Remicaster1 wrote:

It is being used on the damage amplifying instead

Upon realising this I've changed my build accordingly and I do say, this is brilliant, I feel so much more destructive and I love it
"
Gromhouleux wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

Unfortunately my calculator also doesn't calculate all the stuff. There are some variables which I am unable to work for a equation out with, for example here are a few stuff that could affect your dps but the calculator can't exactly work out

1. Cursor placement
2. Ramping damage (the pods initial stacking damage)
3. Mirage archer targetting affected by APS

A side by side footage comparison is your best friend for these situation.

Edit : Here is mine back at 3.10
https://streamable.com/ov180d

I understand your point but it is the same for any +3 bow version then.
In my case I have MA on Blast Rain for the Wither so my TR damages are less random.
And it is the only way I can have an additional arrow since the helmet enchant is too expensive, I don't really have time to farm a lot of currencies.

Your bow is fine for a med to high tier upgrade from the standard quill rain + CJ option. The difference between your rolled bow and a crafted bow is probably around a ~5-6% actual damage difference. This is because +2 the support gems will also increase the -more affixes from your presumed awakened gem levels, not just Toxic rain.
The difference becomes larger if you include a synthesized affix.
Attack speed on the bow is also a big concern, not just for total DPS, but also the "feel" of the build. And as you know, augment speed and remove/add speed modifiers are VERY expensive right now and it would be up to you if you are okay with potentially spending 15-20 exalts trying to craft attack speed on a less than a min-maxed base. You could always be luckier than me, though, after i spent an ungodly amount just to settle for a measly T4 attack speed.

In summary, I do believe your bow is an upgrade from a regular quill rain, with the cost of "feeling" a little clunkier in maps due to attack speed loss. This is because you would be one-shotting regardless (assuming your other gear is also getting up there).

In terms of hierarchy, this is my opinion from the last couple of leagues testing:
1. CJ + quill rain (zoom zoom and CHEAP)
2. CJ + budget crafted bow (more damage, much less zoom, still pretty cheap)
3a (Tied). Double Corrupted CJ + quill rain (zoom zoom, more damage, expensive)
3b (Tied). min-maxed crafted bow + CJ (lots of damage, less zoom, expensive)
4. min-maxed crafted bow + crafted armor + AoE on other gear to compensate for CJ. (lots of damage, zoom effect is mitigated from attack speed sources, but very expensive to put together in a COMPLETE package).

Remi- thanks for the suggestion on using the MiA + Blast rain combination. After testing, I much prefer it to wither totems.

One suggestion is to consider switching out your silver flask for a cinderswallow if you're running the Blast rain setup. You now have the +dmg d/t blast rain as an ignite source and it is a HUGE survivability bonus. I stopped running a life flask while mapping because of it.

Also, you likely have 30-50% flask effect naturally from pathfinder, so really its a +15% increased damage, not just 10% cinderswallow effect.

"
TKMaxx715 wrote:

Your bow is fine for a med to high tier upgrade from the standard quill rain + CJ option. The difference between your rolled bow and a crafted bow is probably around a ~5-6% actual damage difference. This is because +2 the support gems will also increase the -more affixes from your presumed awakened gem levels, not just Toxic rain.
The difference becomes larger if you include a synthesized affix.
Attack speed on the bow is also a big concern, not just for total DPS, but also the "feel" of the build. And as you know, augment speed and remove/add speed modifiers are VERY expensive right now and it would be up to you if you are okay with potentially spending 15-20 exalts trying to craft attack speed on a less than a min-maxed base. You could always be luckier than me, though, after i spent an ungodly amount just to settle for a measly T4 attack speed.

In summary, I do believe your bow is an upgrade from a regular quill rain, with the cost of "feeling" a little clunkier in maps due to attack speed loss. This is because you would be one-shotting regardless (assuming your other gear is also getting up there).

In terms of hierarchy, this is my opinion from the last couple of leagues testing:
1. CJ + quill rain (zoom zoom and CHEAP)
2. CJ + budget crafted bow (more damage, much less zoom, still pretty cheap)
3a (Tied). Double Corrupted CJ + quill rain (zoom zoom, more damage, expensive)
3b (Tied). min-maxed crafted bow + CJ (lots of damage, less zoom, expensive)
4. min-maxed crafted bow + crafted armor + AoE on other gear to compensate for CJ. (lots of damage, zoom effect is mitigated from attack speed sources, but very expensive to put together in a COMPLETE package).

Thanks for your explanations, I knew that the "+2 to support gem" modifier was better but a less than 10% difference seems acceptable for me.
It is not a rolled bow, it is a fully crafted bow which cost me around 3 Ex so far (I was lucky with the fusing though)and I could have crafted the % speed instead of the +1 arrow.
But it is still possible to add the speed with the garden whereas the +1 arrow is almost impossible.
Hello! Thanks for this fun build, I'm really enjoying it :) Can you guys please recommend what should I get next, what should I upgrade in my character?

"
Last edited by Marteeh on Feb 3, 2021, 4:10:29 PM
hello , for what do we use that timelessjewel ? i dont get it , is there anything i miss? in the guide its not there under jewel , just saw it in the pob.
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
For the currency I've spent , I think it was about 80-90ex (30ex wasted on crafting), so the actual cost would be somewhere near 60ex
Btw what's the warcry MTX you were using in the Maven video?
I'm sure the new skill-gem setup is awesome, but I just need everyone to know that the part of me that spent 300 chromes getting a 5G1R carcass is screaming right now.
"
Medium cluster : Look for 4-5 added passives with 1 jewel socket, NOT 6 passives, again, NOT SIX.

Hey can someone explain me this why ? why not more passives in the jewel?

Also, I have managed to snipe some of the items for this build, but I am struggling a lot with enemies that have chaos resistance..

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ghostaflux/characters

"
Ghostaflux wrote:
Hey can someone explain me this why ? why not more passives in the jewel?
Passive points are a very limited, precious resource, every sub-par node you spend them on robs you of spending them on something better instead. 4% chaos multi isn't worth a point, when for example a normal jewel socket costs 2 points and can give 4% chaos multi + 3 other mods like 7% life, 4-6% attack speed 10-13% inc damage etc.

That's why large jewels above 8 points are trash too, the small nodes are really not worth it, the smaller the better.

And if ever the small nodes ARE worth it, they get nerfed (look: aura medium jewels).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info