-

Hello, I really like this build, but have a question it is better to have "+ chaos dmg over time" or "+ dmg over time"?
"
Le_Phato wrote:
Hello, I really like this build, but have a question it is better to have "+ chaos dmg over time" or "+ dmg over time"?

They are the same, read the mechanics section at 1.2

"
Cyan101 wrote:
Can anyone tell me the AoE radius I should have to use Dying Sun?

If Dying sun gives you +2 raidus (According to PoB) then it's worth it, else it's not.

"
flamingputty wrote:
does the +3 carcass jack come from vaaling it or do i need to go double corrupt the thing?

Double corrupt only unfortunately
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Been playing this since league start and doing some harvest crafting and working on my gear. This is my first time playing TR so I've been wanting to see how it is at different gear levels. Thanks for your guide, it was really well done.

My thoughts on the build:
It was a great league starter and helped me progress quickly.

I felt like the damage wasn't great in T16s for this style of character. I felt like I had to fire a few times and run through/around the mobs while they died.

It really took getting my clusters, multi on normal jewels, multi on quiver/gloves, -9 res helm, and +2 ammy before I started being happy with the damage. I may have had unreasonable expectations though.

Threads of Hope is really nice.

The clusters NEED to be 2 larges with Tempered Arrows/Broadside, and 4 mediums with Wicked Pall. You can choose what to pair with Wicked Pall, but I like either brewed for potency or student. I crafted all of my jewels with the reroll a rare with a chaos mod craft from harvest.

To make the damage feel good, you really need a mix of + lvl, dot multi, AND skill effect duration. It takes all 3.

When my damage was lower, I did prefer the blast rain/mirage archer/wither setup while not having Mirage on my TR.

I recently switched to a decent +3 bow. I do think Quill is better at lower gear levels and it shouldn't be a priority upgrade for a long time. Once you have a good amount of gear, I do think a decent +3 bow feels a lot better. I also switched back to Mirage Archer on my TR. If I stick with this character, I may try to find a +2 Carcass, but that's a still a maybe.

I like an explosion chest for safety and some extra clear, but Carcass is better single target.

I went decently hard into eva/dodge to give some survivability. Anomalous Immortal Call has been amazing. I just pop it when I pop my flasks. I use it like an OP defensive flask.

I still want to try Dying Sun just to see how it feels.

Overall, I'd probably league start this again for a Ranger, even if my goal is to respec it down the line.

Here's my gear for reference. Still need a few things like awakened gems (I prioritized crafting first since it's more fun), lvl 4 empower, a higher enhance to make the helm enchant useful for running skitterbots, fixing the life rolls on my helm, and divining bow,etc. Could use some glove/quiver upgrades.

Spoiler

IGN: dwreckedarc
Following up the conversation of the bow, I fossil crafted this yesterday:

"

It's not perfect, but I hit an empty prefix (to craft chaos dot multiplier) and some attack speed.

Took me around 16 attempts, maybe I got unlucky. Unfortunate about the poison mods, wish I could remove them lol.

Still, this was nearly 25% DPS increase over my other bow. Which was nice.
Hey Fellow POE'ers,

Always get great insight here. First time playing a Ranger - primarily played ED - Contagion in the past couple leagues. I'm having a bit of trouble with survivability. I seem to get mobbed quite a bit (may be a little of my playstyle). Lots of trouble as well with large groups of the spiny guys who shoot the quills on death. Love for any of you to take a look at my build. I've just started mapping maybe a couple levels ago, but still in early white maps.

https://pastebin.com/3nR1iArP

Any ideas on where I should focus - I know my gear isn't set but I've got very little capital at the time. I'm ok if your answers is to just keep pluggin along and making improvements.

Thanks!

RSCCCC
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

"
Cyan101 wrote:
Can anyone tell me the AoE radius I should have to use Dying Sun?

If Dying sun gives you +2 raidus (According to PoB) then it's worth it, else it's not.

Dying sun gives like 25% aoe and 2 extra projs

I'm sitting on about 400c, if anyone can recommend some gear upgrades (not jewels/clusters), would be grateful <3 - PoB: https://pastebin.com/ynZWGnu8
Australian Summoner-Main
Last edited by Cyan101 on Jan 29, 2021, 11:56:18 AM
Is this bow worth six linking? It was a drop for me and I play ssf. I can craft attack speed on it or maybe something else still.
Last edited by Lildenjin on Jan 29, 2021, 12:07:28 PM
I would like to know if this works better or not. One of my large cluster jewels has Unspeakable Gifts, Wicked Pall, and Touch of Cruelty. I notice that its not used in the guide, but I've been having really good results with Unspeakable Gifts when clearing maps. Is it better than to just have 2 large clusters with Broadside and Tempered Arrowheads? I cant link it because its allocated already, but you can see it if you look into my Ritual character's profile.
Any thoughts of using the Breathstealer Gloves and anointing them with something like Athropy/Cleansed Thoughts or some other useful notable
For crafting a quiver.

Am I just dumbo or did something happen to the quiver attack speed craft? I do not see it anywhere in the crafting bench list but poedb for example still has it as craft option and I also see some quivers being sold with 7-12% attack speed craft on them.

Where the hell did it go?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info