-

Hey there, couple questions on scaling aside from the obvious upgrades (Woke gems, +3BOW... I suppose the +1dex/+1int gem DoT multi amu as well)
and another cluster wheel... I'm barely scraping 1/10th of your PoB'd DPS.
With another cluster wheel I'm only sitting at 2.1MIL.

Here's my PoB.
https://pastebin.com/B7aC6gU6
I even went deadeye to increase over all dps, losing some QoL stuff.

I just don't understand how there's that much a difference between our PoBs. It's basically 10MIL ahead... It's not like my gear is sub par either.. idk.
Blast rain setup sounds like a good alternative. I'm sick of totems dying so easily, and withering step has long cooldown and share cooldown.
"
FallenScribe wrote:
"
FallenScribe wrote:
Hey man, great build and guide but will the PoB be updated? Or is it intentional to have to use so many regret orbs for the final tree?

Can someone comment on this, please?

Switching from "Leveling #4" to "Leveling #5" requires 13 refund points. Going further, trees with different gem sets require even points. And any tree to final 98 tree requires 18-37-41 refund points.

Is this the way it's supposed to be?

I didn't calculate to confirm but it sounds right. Typically, end game build guides use regret orbs liberally to optimize your mid-tier strength. Regret orbs by the time you are ready for the "two cluster set" will have negligible cost compared to the amount of time you've saved by having a better build before you can get to that point.

If you were to just path along the same route as the clustered setup, without the clusters, you will lose hours of progress time because your build just won't be very efficient at clearing content. That time could be used to farm content later, more than making up for the orb of regret cost.

Hope that made sense.
"
karmavore wrote:
Hey there, couple questions on scaling aside from the obvious upgrades (Woke gems, +3BOW... I suppose the +1dex/+1int gem DoT multi amu as well)
and another cluster wheel... I'm barely scraping 1/10th of your PoB'd DPS.
With another cluster wheel I'm only sitting at 2.1MIL.

Here's my PoB.
https://pastebin.com/B7aC6gU6
I even went deadeye to increase over all dps, losing some QoL stuff.

I just don't understand how there's that much a difference between our PoBs. It's basically 10MIL ahead... It's not like my gear is sub par either.. idk.

Fortunately there are a lot of opportunities. I'll try to list them out in order of cost efficiency.

1. Silverbough versus quill rain. You're losing a massive amount of attack speed that cannot be compensated by the + gem levels.
2. Toxic rain gem level needs to be level 21.
3. Your 6 link gem setup is using a level 3 empower. Use efficacy until level four empower. In fact, even at level 4, it often doesn't make that much of a difference until you use a corrupted carcass jack. You're far away from needing empower.
4. Thread of hope- prices should be decreasing and you have a random jewel in the ToH spot. That's like another 20% dps
5. Your cluster jewel setup needs wicked pall. The second notable on the medium cluster is less important, but wicked pall is what you want if you're spending all of those points to reach clusters
6. I'd drop skitterbots for flesh and stone. This is less damage but more than makes up for it in survivability.

Those are the major ones that pop out. Hope that helps.
hello. ty for nice guide

can someone tells good methods to use harvest crafting to craft nice stuff, like quiver or bow
or maybe some link to read about it.
much appreciate!
"
Cyan101 wrote:
"
What should my buy order be for upgrades? Right now I have a 5 link Carcass Jack, Devoto's, Quill and a bunch of cheap rares with life and resistance.

Should I get going after rares with better stats or 6 link or what? Whats the best bang for your buck upgrades? I have like 3 ex now

6L is a big DPS boost, depends on the state of your rares but upgrading them so at least each one has a DPS boosting affix is a good start, after 6L look at jewels especially clusters

Thank you! At what point is it worth buying the important level 21 20% gems?
"
humble322 wrote:
hello. ty for nice guide

can someone tells good methods to use harvest crafting to craft nice stuff, like quiver or bow
or maybe some link to read about it.
much appreciate!

for bow check the guide here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2467666
With harvest you can also slam aug speed after crafting the bow. Don't think it helps otherwise
Quiver isn't that hard too. Get ilvl 82+ hunter quiver. Roll with alts Damage over time multiplier, you can augment and regal, hopefully getting life or resistances, after that just use non-chaos, aug chaos, remove\add chaos anything can work until you get chaos dot multi. non-chaos is the cheapest but risky. Same can be done with life, but you can just craft 50 life instead until you can afford something better. Gloves are even easier, just spam chaos reforges from harvest until you get good ones. I think ilvl 80+ hunter base is required. Or you can get some good gloves and just aug chaos if there 2 suffixes available you will get it 100%. Couple of pages ago there was a guide how to craft amulet.
Just use poedb.tw and utilize chaos crafts from harvest mostly.
"
"
Cyan101 wrote:
"
What should my buy order be for upgrades? Right now I have a 5 link Carcass Jack, Devoto's, Quill and a bunch of cheap rares with life and resistance.

Should I get going after rares with better stats or 6 link or what? Whats the best bang for your buck upgrades? I have like 3 ex now

6L is a big DPS boost, depends on the state of your rares but upgrading them so at least each one has a DPS boosting affix is a good start, after 6L look at jewels especially clusters

Thank you! At what point is it worth buying the important level 21 20% gems?

you can buy level 21-0% toxic rain. It is pretty cheap and 10% aoe might not even increase your radius anyway. Check in pob. Level 21-0% is great early on. Everything else is not important, you will want to get awakened gems\empower anyway.
Last edited by Sunw1sh on Jan 22, 2021, 2:11:39 PM
For the blast rain setup, any 6th link to tie to it making wither better? I already have two six links, trying to figure out if I can further optimize the usage of BR in my second one.

I managed to grab this, I'll try to craft with Harvest mods, I'll get +1 chaos gem as prefix, as suffix I'll try to get chaos dot multiplier, is that worth or chaos res. is fine too? Currently sitting at -5% but will get it up once I grab some nice rings/quiver.
"
MattiaV wrote:

I managed to grab this, I'll try to craft with Harvest mods, I'll get +1 chaos gem as prefix, as suffix I'll try to get chaos dot multiplier, is that worth or chaos res. is fine too? Currently sitting at -5% but will get it up once I grab some nice rings/quiver.

Chaos dot multi is preferred as it will scale quite high. The only thing about your amulet is is that two suffixes already on there that cannot easily be removed (unless you annul gamble). They aren't bad suffixes, actually, but might make it hard to hit chaos dot multi if you don't aug it the first time.

What I'd recommend is:
1. Remove lightning (Do this first)
2. Aug chaos (you'll hit either:

- Chaos t1 dot multi (best outcome)
- Chaos skill level (Second best)
- Chaos t2 dot multi (Third best)
- Chaos resistance (worst)

Reason hitting dot multi first is best is because then your next aug will auto hit prefix and you're guaranteed chaos skill level.
If you hit third or fourth best, I'd remove/add chaos to get either of the first two.
If you hit second best, you're okay but your next augment, you'll be stuck with unless you RNG some good add/removes since you'll now have two affixes the add/remove can modify. In this scenario, I'd consider remaking another amulet and selling your current one as its still pretty nice. Of course, you can keep it since t2 dot multi or chaos resistance isn't bad. This is more for a min-maxing context.

Hope that helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info