-

"
cdnza wrote:

Are you able to survive Sirus rares in t14+ with kintsugi? I'll get one if that is the case. I just suspect that it still might not be enough - this might be like Legion and some of the rares are just wildly overtuned.

For now I've started using Cast on Death Portal for the first time ever. I've just conceded that for now I am going to use all 6 portals on Sirus invasion maps, until I either respec or GGG patch them lol

Yeah would strongly recommend it.
livejamie
"
Chen93 wrote:
Maybe I missed it in the guide but why do we need both the enduring mana and enduring hybrid flask?
Mana is for mana.
Hybrid is for fortify. If you don't have fortify anoint don't use this.
"
livejamie wrote:
"
cdnza wrote:

Are you able to survive Sirus rares in t14+ with kintsugi? I'll get one if that is the case. I just suspect that it still might not be enough - this might be like Legion and some of the rares are just wildly overtuned.

For now I've started using Cast on Death Portal for the first time ever. I've just conceded that for now I am going to use all 6 portals on Sirus invasion maps, until I either respec or GGG patch them lol

Your profile doesn't seem to have any Kintsugi-wearing characters in Ritual league, so I'm not sure where the assertion that it will specifically help against Sirus-dominated rares in maps he invades is coming from. I asked about that specifically because it seems to me like their damage is overtuned to the point that an extra 20% reduction wouldn't prevent oneshots.

I appreciate what you're saying though - I obviously have other mitigation mechanics I can invest in (like I don't even have my fortify anoint yet), but from talking to other people doing AL5+ maps right now it seems everyone is getting killed by these things.
"
cdnza wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
"
cdnza wrote:

Your profile doesn't seem to have any Kintsugi-wearing characters in Ritual league, so I'm not sure where the assertion that it will specifically help against Sirus-dominated rares in maps he invades is coming from. I asked about that specifically because it seems to me like their damage is overtuned to the point that an extra 20% reduction wouldn't prevent oneshots.

I appreciate what you're saying though - I obviously have other mitigation mechanics I can invest in (like I don't even have my fortify anoint yet), but from talking to other people doing AL5+ maps right now it seems everyone is getting killed by these things.

I've been Rank 1 Toxic Rain DPS in a few leagues now and have league-started it several times.

It's something I'd replace with a good rare afterwards but is really good for leaguestarting when you're usually 3-4k life.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

I've been Rank 1 Toxic Rain DPS in a few leagues now and have league-started it several times.

It's something I'd replace with a good rare afterwards but is really good for leaguestarting when you're usually 3-4k life.

I respect you for taking the time to contribute to the thread and talk about the build, but answering a question that you literally do not know the answer to is not especially helpful to the person who asked the question, even if you do have plenty of experience playing toxic rain in other situations. Not trying to make it into a whole big thing - I'm just looking expressly to discuss survivability in sirus invasions.
4.8k life and overcapped resists now - there's still a lot of instances in white maps where I can get chunked from non-obvious shit.

I'm gonna grab the anoint next but it's still demoralizing. If anything, I'll be losing 300 life when I switch out to Devoto's in the future. I'll probably make some of that up with Carcass - or Kintsugi by the sound of it? But still. How do you guys stay alive in yellows and reds? Do I just not kill things quickly enough?
"
cdnza wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

I respect you for taking the time to contribute to the thread and talk about the build, but answering a question that you literally do not know the answer to is not especially helpful to the person who asked the question, even if you do have plenty of experience playing toxic rain in other situations. Not trying to make it into a whole big thing - I'm just looking expressly to discuss survivability in sirus invasions.

Kintsugi + Wind Dancer is one of the most well-known defensive combos in the game? It would greatly improve your survivability. I don't understand what the issue is?

Looking at your gear you don't seem to be focusing on evasion at all, would highly recommend at least using a Jade Flask. (This is something mentioned on the first page of this guide.)

I've been nice and respectful to you the entire time. Best of luck with your character.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
cdnza wrote:

Those mobs just hit you with melee. its so easy to avoid them with our build. Died once when i first encountered them and just kited them since them. They suck for melee builds though, lol.
"
Archernick wrote:
Does anyone know why my Enduring Hallowed Hybrid Flask keeps cancelling mid-duration?

I'm asking myself the same thing.
"
skoupidi wrote:

Those mobs just hit you with melee. its so easy to avoid them with our build. Died once when i first encountered them and just kited them since them. They suck for melee builds though, lol.

Yeah, I can't imagine what they are like for melee. I'm reading some replies to https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/kzg0r3/rant_sirus_dominated_mobs_are_stupidly_strong/ this thread about them and its pretty interesting seeing the range of people getting oneshot by them. Reminds me of the legion rares at launch.
Last edited by cdnza on Jan 17, 2021, 8:11:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info