-

pob links doesnt work in POB Fork with update for 3.13
so what are we thinking people , been playing with pob for a bit and the pf is pretty much the same in therms of damage small damage lost due to the aoe but with harvest around im sure it wont be an issue , im not to sure about deadeye , but raider on the other side looks really intersting with all that attackspeed,ms from onslaught , do we think that it could have more damage then pf? quill rain with all that onslaught effect looks interesting aswell lol . anyway im glad TR didnt get nerfed , seems like another league of TR madness for me jeje . btw question has anyone done a pob with raider to see how it looks on paper? that would be awesome
Last edited by realVIP on Jan 13, 2021, 12:56:33 PM
"
Asertyuio wrote:
"
Seefourdc wrote:
"
Asertyuio wrote:
Question, on Nature's Reprisal, they removed the "30% increased chaos damage" why doesn't that affect the build as much? It seems huge compared to 15% more chaos damage to attack skills, so why is it still an overall buff than a nerf?

It comes down to how the game calculated the damage together. All sources of INCREASED damage pool together so you might have 500% increased damage so adding 30% to that is only 530% which is less than 1% more damage. MORE damage is pooled into a different pool which usually is a smaller pool and then multiplied into the other numbers so let’s say you have 200% more damage and you add 5 to that. That 5% is actually the same damage increase as the 30% or just under 1%. The reason you see people call increased damage a noob trap is your leveling tree plus gear might have 500-800% INCREASED damage and very few sources of MORE damage. This means every point of MORE damage may be worth 5-10 points of INCREASED damage.

Sorry for the capitalization but I wanted to highlight what to look at to understand this situation that comes up so often.

No, the highlights are good, it makes it easier to understand that you're talking about the stats.

Just so I can understand it more, so basically, in layman's term, "increased chaos damage" is additive, while the "more chaos damage to attack skills" is multiplicative, making it a way more valuable stat?

In essence yes. It's slightly more complicated in that technically INCREASED damage is a pool and MORE damage is a pool which then get multiplied together but the way they have structured the game there are just way, way more sources of INCREASED damage so you always end up with tons of it like I said in the 500-800% range whereas MORE is just not available anywhere but ascendancies and gems. When you think about it just remember that the more total of any pool you have the less value it starts to have. Because of that adding 10% to your more pool can be worth 50-100% in your increased pool. So in a way yes MORE is "more" multiplicative than INCREASED and if you think about it that way you will surely be so much further along.

This is also why the "nerfs" were not that big of a deal. There are a few builds that might take a big hit because they have low INCREASED damage but those builds are few and far between. The builds that really got hurt more so were the ones that took defensive hits because defense is so much more rare. (Trickster losing 10% spell dodge for ex.)
"
Dorat79 wrote:
pob links doesnt work in POB Fork with update for 3.13

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/issues/1868

Yeah, already reported... What i'm doing right now is downloading the ZIP from "Release 1.4.170.20", unzipping it, deleting the "first.run" file and then not updating POB...
Last edited by nogenem on Jan 13, 2021, 1:02:08 PM
"
FtH_Irian wrote:
but Master Toxicist should now be worthless for us because we deal no poison damage, right ?
This build never picked toxicist though? It always picked nature's adrenaline instead.

"
nogenem wrote:
Does shock, from skitterbots, work for this build? I ask this cause in POB the damage of TR doesn't change when i enable/disable the "Is the enemy shocked?"'s checkbox...
Cuz if you have skitterbots POB fork already accounts they shock. Ticking the box only matters if you had some mod like "deal more damage to shocked enemies", or had custom power level of shock (skitterbots default is 15%).

And yes, shock works but it stacks additive with withered debuff as both are "mobs take increased damage". Same with aspect of the spider, and anything in that vein.

"
Xandharba wrote:
As i've seen only "nature's reprisal" has been nerfed ?
Not really. Aoe got nerfed a bit but the more damage didn't exist there and this spec never picked toxicist so it's a buff.
Somethings wrong with your pob fork link, gets error
Thoughts on doing this as deadeye instead?

+2 max mirage archers

tailwind with gale force stacks making it even better.

2 additional proj.

Were is the pob link ?
Cant find it in the QnA section.
Last edited by allisgood on Jan 13, 2021, 4:56:57 PM

"
Xandharba wrote:
As i've seen only "nature's reprisal" has been nerfed ?
Not really. Aoe got nerfed a bit but the more damage didn't exist there and this spec never picked toxicist so it's a buff.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the answer :)
"
allisgood wrote:
Were is the pob link ?
Cant find it in the QnA section.

2.1 Path of Building

It should be the first thing on the guide, but.... ;/
Last edited by nogenem on Jan 13, 2021, 5:16:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type