-

"
Anus_Smasher wrote:
"
Xandharba wrote:
Two questions ... no answers , thanks for the help (-_-) !

Your question about jewel just has no answer... Withought harvest jewels are totally a crap shoot - alt spam or chaos spam. You could try to hit a viridian with serrated (attack for attack speed) or abberant (Chaos) but it isn't worth it. You would also probably need to use pristine with them to try for life. You could just hit 1s resonators with pristine and hope for the best.

IMO - don't worry about the jewels, they'll come as you get currency - focus on 1 or 2 dmg lines, life, and res/stats so you can change your gear around

Switch to 3 passive large cluster jewels with 8 nodes - it saves you 4 passive points

Look for damage over time gloves, craft the attack speed

+1 chaos pendant

Bump immortal call up to level 3

Drop a life node and take jewel socket under profane chemistry - its potential 2% more life and stats/res/damage

IDK what to say about the helmet, if +1 pod is better if you don't have 30aoe or just running a devotos

Hello

At least an answer :) Thanks a lot !

For jewels it costs around 100 chaos for 'damage over time/bow attack speed/maximum life' and some reach 5 exalts with crap 4th mod. It is hard to make a choice because only several are for trade. I will start with 2 mods and see later how it's going.

I did not understand about the switch to 3 large passives cluster jewels with 8 nodes, actually I have 2 large cluster (8 passive skills) jewels with Broadside/Tempered Arrowheads/2 Jewel Sockets and 4 medium cluster jewels (4 passive skills) with brewed for Potency/Wicked Pall/1 Jewel.

Ok for the gloves and Immortal Call, I did not think about that :)

For the pendant not easy to find one with good mods, I have a big problem with Intelligence/Strength, I will try to find a way.

I took already Profane Chemistry with Thread of Hope.

In game I have +75% skill area of effect modifier, I don't know how much I should reach for the +1 arrow overlap , I could not find the radius in PoB.

Thanks again.
Last edited by Xandharba on Oct 11, 2020, 8:21:20 AM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
The_Fatness wrote:
In the Gem Alt Quality (6.2) section it states that Anomalous is the BiS but only if normal didn't reach the breakpoint. What exactly is that breakpoint? I've search the guide and haven't been able to find the breakpoint listed anywhere else.

If Phantasmal is so much worse, why is it so wildly expensive? Is it only better for the Trickster versions of TR?

Loving the build so far, hard to get a read on the responses here how it's going for everyone else. But I am absolutely shredding yellow maps already after just leaving Act 10. Very nice for clear speed, the question is how will it fare against bosses.
The breakpoints are essentially 5 radius for every arrow.

So you need 25 radius to overlap 5 arrows, 30 radius to overlap 6, etc. etc.

So if you're sitting at 29 radius, you're very close to your next breakpoint (30) and only need probably 10-15% +AoE to get another arrow overlap (of course, you need to have that many arrows to fire, too). Which is a lot of added DPS (around +20% more).

So I am at 29 Radius. Should I get Anomalous?
"
Xandharba wrote:
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:
"
Xandharba wrote:
Two questions ... no answers , thanks for the help (-_-) !

Your question about jewel just has no answer... Withought harvest jewels are totally a crap shoot - alt spam or chaos spam. You could try to hit a viridian with serrated (attack for attack speed) or abberant (Chaos) but it isn't worth it. You would also probably need to use pristine with them to try for life. You could just hit 1s resonators with pristine and hope for the best.

IMO - don't worry about the jewels, they'll come as you get currency - focus on 1 or 2 dmg lines, life, and res/stats so you can change your gear around

Switch to 3 passive large cluster jewels with 8 nodes - it saves you 4 passive points

Look for damage over time gloves, craft the attack speed

+1 chaos pendant

Bump immortal call up to level 3

Drop a life node and take jewel socket under profane chemistry - its potential 2% more life and stats/res/damage

IDK what to say about the helmet, if +1 pod is better if you don't have 30aoe or just running a devotos

Hello

At least an answer :) Thanks a lot !

For jewels it costs around 100 chaos for 'damage over time/bow attack speed/maximum life' and some reach 5 exalts with crap 4th mod. It is hard to make a choice because only several are for trade. I will start with 2 mods and see later how it's going.

I did not understand about the switch to 3 large passives cluster jewels with 8 nodes, actually I have 2 large cluster (8 passive skills) jewels with Broadside/Tempered Arrowheads/2 Jewel Sockets and 4 medium cluster jewels (4 passive skills) with brewed for Potency/Wicked Pall/1 Jewel.

Ok for the gloves and Immortal Call, I did not think about that :)

For the pendant not easy to find one with good mods, I have a big problem with Intelligence/Strength, I will try to find a way.

I took already Profane Chemistry with Thread of Hope.

In game I have +75% skill area of effect modifier, I don't know how much I should reach for the +1 arrow overlap , I could not find the radius in PoB.

Thanks again.

Hey, I'm gonna respond going down the list

Jewels - Make sure your search is a bit more broad than those 3. Do count (1) with damage over time, chaos damage, increased damage, chaos damage over time multiplier, then a separate group search for attack speed with bows and life

Cluster jewel - I thought you were energy leech, my bad, your cluster is fine

Profane chemistry keep it, i meant drop a small life node (5%) for the jewel socket near/under profane chemistry

POB Radius - make sure you select your toxic rain from the drop down of "Main Skill", then it's at the bottom of the first group of stats
Where do we get endurance stacks for immortal call, or we just left it with 26% phys mitigation?
Hello, can I have question about +3 bow? Is attack speed only viable option as the 6th mod or we can benefit from blind on hit, additional projectile or phasing on kill?:)
https://pastebin.com/V5Kn4ycY I have no idea what to do now still die very easily and feel like my damage is sub par for bosses for the amount I have spent can someone please give some advice I just want to run juiced Ilvl 84 delirium maps and idea how I can get there?
"
lampicka95 wrote:
Hello, can I have question about +3 bow? Is attack speed only viable option as the 6th mod or we can benefit from blind on hit, additional projectile or phasing on kill?:)
+Attack speed on the bow is extremely important because it boosts the BASE attack speed that all other +increased attack speed modifiers on gear, jewels, and passives work from.

You notice this because a bow with +atk spd shows you an increased base. A thicket bow, for instance, normally has 1.5 base. But get a +17% T1 atk spd on it and you physically see the base go up to like 1.83 or something around there.

Then, if you get a +10% atk spd passive, it’s 1.83 * 1.10. NOT 1.50 * 1.27. If you punch that into your calculator, you can see that +10% on the higher base is much more than the +27% on the lower base.

And using a bow that has under 1.5 base atk spd for this build sucks. It’s clunky AF and even with PoB possibly showing higher DPS, it can feel like less, and maybe even like everything is dying at same rate or slower simply because mirage archer is slower and you’re dropping significantly less stacking DoT’s. Especially on mob packs that are spread out or on a boss that moves a lot.

Attacking faster seems to fix those issues.

So sorry, but to answer your question, always try to get a bow with as much base atk spd as possible. An item level 83+ thicket bow with T1 atk spd and the +atk spd when rare or unique mob is nearby mod are of the highest priority if you’re going for a rare bow.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
lampicka95 wrote:
+Attack speed on the bow is extremely important because it boosts the BASE attack speed that all other +increased attack speed modifiers on gear, jewels, and passives work from.

You notice this because a bow with +atk spd shows you an increased base. A thicket bow, for instance, normally has 1.5 base. But get a +17% T1 atk spd on it and you physically see the base go up to like 1.83 or something around there.

Then, if you get a +10% atk spd passive, it’s 1.83 * 1.10. NOT 1.50 * 1.27. If you punch that into your calculator, you can see that +10% on the higher base is much more than the +27% on the lower base.

And using a bow that has under 1.5 base atk spd for this build sucks. It’s clunky AF and even with PoB possibly showing higher DPS, it can feel like less, and maybe even like everything is dying at same rate or slower simply because mirage archer is slower and you’re dropping significantly less stacking DoT’s. Especially on mob packs that are spread out or on a boss that moves a lot.

Attacking faster seems to fix those issues.

So sorry, but to answer your question, always try to get a bow with as much base atk spd as possible. An item level 83+ thicket bow with T1 atk spd and the +atk spd when rare or unique mob is nearby mod are of the highest priority if you’re going for a rare bow.

Thank you so much for your answer. I guess I will be checking market for some +3 bow with really good attack speed then :)
Hello, I think I have done something wrong. I bought Quill Rain with Additional Arrow but POB is showing -1mil dps. I think I might have bad ratio between AoE and arrows. Currently I have 29 AoE Radius and 8 arrows in total. What should I change? Thank you :)

You can check my character Sumubu or here is the pob:
https://pastebin.com/kPGknNRQ
Last edited by lampicka95 on Oct 11, 2020, 7:46:07 PM
"
lampicka95 wrote:
Hello, I think I have done something wrong. I bought Quill Rain with Additional Arrow but POB is showing -1mil dps. I think I might have bad ratio between AoE and arrows. Currently I have 29 AoE Radius and 8 arrows in total. What should I change? Thank you :)

You can check my character Sumubu or here is the pob:
https://pastebin.com/kPGknNRQ
Your pastebin won't load. Giving error code 404, whatever that is.

If you're going from regular Quill Rain to simply a Quill Rain with +1 arrow, there's really no reason to have lost DPS.

The only reason it might have gone down "in PoB" is because you were using someone elses original build pastebin (like mine or Remi's) which had the manual line edit, "28% more damage" on the previous Quill Rain. Which some of us added to basically compensate for what Mirage Archer effectively adds, but isn't automatically accounted for in PoB.

Also, you may have 8 arrows, but at 29 radius you're still only overlapping 5.

If you can find ~10-15% more +AoE and hit that 30 radius breakpoint, you will add about +20% DPS instantly (you will need to change the "# of Overlapping Pods" in configuration tab from 5 to 6).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info