-

"
brickface1 wrote:
Am I supposed to be getting 1 tapped by everything in the game now that I've finally hit t14-16 maps?

Currently res capped, 5.8k life, hardened scars anointed (hybrid flask is up during 1 taps). Went with rare chest/helm instead of the recommended ones for more survivability

I'm a first time poe player so this was a really awesome guide for me to follow and I had a blast the entire way (thanks!), up until t16 maps, especially bosses. I thought maybe it was just a user skill issue (and it probably is) but I just simply don't see where to improve survivability.

I tried to stick with it but after getting 1 tapped by sirus default attack (the slow cast one which can be side stepped) I've lost hope. Awaken level 4 if that matters. I also had a fight with The Eradicator where he was constantly 1 tapping me also with his 2-3 ground lightning blasts

Getting destroyed by legions, and delirium encounters are omega death. Most t15-t16 maps are decided by whether I can spam 3 life flask taps in that 0.1s my hp dips to 5% on every normal mob pack engage L

Should I just abandon this character and play something else? Thanks

I would suggest lowering the levels on your cwdt/immortal call imo you need to take 3.7k or over half your health in one hit for it to proc. Mine are level 1 and 3 - just make sure to read cwdt and your IC matches it.

Also, you could try the flair I put into my build

Ignore enchant, trying to hit +1 toxic rain myself

Gems - Bladefall/Culling strike - Larger area than a single ball lightning and Steelskin/Increased duration - at level 16 it's a 1300 shield that takes 70% of dmg from before health

You also need to understand you're playing pathfinder which means we are playing piano flask 24/7. Your hybrid flask lasts 3 seconds, so you need to hit that atleast once every 3 seconds for perma fortify.

You want attack speed on one of your flasks - probably the silver/onslaught one

"
brickface1 wrote:
Am I supposed to be getting 1 tapped by everything in the game now that I've finally hit t14-16 maps?

Currently res capped, 5.8k life, hardened scars anointed (hybrid flask is up during 1 taps). Went with rare chest/helm instead of the recommended ones for more survivability

I'm a first time poe player so this was a really awesome guide for me to follow and I had a blast the entire way (thanks!), up until t16 maps, especially bosses. I thought maybe it was just a user skill issue (and it probably is) but I just simply don't see where to improve survivability.

I tried to stick with it but after getting 1 tapped by sirus default attack (the slow cast one which can be side stepped) I've lost hope. Awaken level 4 if that matters. I also had a fight with The Eradicator where he was constantly 1 tapping me also with his 2-3 ground lightning blasts

Getting destroyed by legions, and delirium encounters are omega death. Most t15-t16 maps are decided by whether I can spam 3 life flask taps in that 0.1s my hp dips to 5% on every normal mob pack engage L

Main things I see is your damage is probably pretty lackluster without any clusters or despair ring or the 2 duration nodes at potency of will, etc. etc. No temp arrowheads or wicked palls is big.

Also, no brewed for potency or student of decay's means your life flasks are much less potent and your chaos res is awful. You have what... like -42 or something chaos res? So basically anything that hits you with chaos damage is going to one-shot you. You also don't have vaal grace(which can bump your atk/spell dodge up to 75% caps for like 20 seconds out of every 40-60 seconds if consistently killing mobs), and your immortal call hardly ever goes off with it and CWDT being at 20(absolutely should have lvl 1 CWDT with lvl 3 IC).

Other than that, I can only assume it's playstyle. Standing in one spot too long too much, not dashing around enough and not side-stepping ranged mob attacks once you see them begin their attack (which animation locks them facing your spot, so side-stepping is easy avoidance). Stuff like that.

But really, great offense is just as big a contributor to defense as any damage mitigation you could add. So fact is, you're just kinda meh on both.

When you follow this build the way it's actually designed, it's a beast on both offense and defense. There's literally dozens upon dozens of people who play this build who can testify to this.

There's also a version with life leech that can help. You just have to find where the PoB for it is posted. I've posted it several times myself.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Oct 6, 2020, 11:54:52 PM
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:
"
brickface1 wrote:

I would suggest lowering the levels on your cwdt/immortal call imo you need to take 3.7k or over half your health in one hit for it to proc. Mine are level 1 and 3 - just make sure to read cwdt and your IC matches it.

Gems - Bladefall/Culling strike - Larger area than a single ball lightning and Steelskin/Increased duration - at level 16 it's a 1300 shield that takes 70% of dmg from before health

You also need to understand you're playing pathfinder which means we are playing piano flask 24/7. Your hybrid flask lasts 3 seconds, so you need to hit that atleast once every 3 seconds for perma fortify.

You realize you can't have steelskin and immortal call at same time, right?

Only one guard skill up at a time. So if IC activates, steelskin can't, and visa versa.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:
"
brickface1 wrote:

You realize you can't have steelskin and immortal call at same time, right?

Only one guard skill up at a time. So if IC activates, steelskin can't, and visa versa.

Yup I do. The plan is to have near 100% uptime on steelskin, but since it doesnt start its icd till it expires theres ic to fall back on. Level 3 ic is so short it doesn't interfere much with steelskin, I believe.

E: Also for your first response I totally vouch for the build. I haven't done a t16 100%, but every awakener guardian/sirus a8 deathless. I am missing a bit of dmg from quiver and no dot jewel so plenty of space to go up further.
Last edited by Anus_Smasher on Oct 7, 2020, 2:40:17 AM
Is there anyway to eliminate need for enduring mana flask? I count 36 mana cost toxic rain - 9x2 on rings is 18 mana cost. Anyway to eliminate that further? I'm multimodding a ring and if there is no way to fully get rid of the mana cost I'll just skip that crafted mod and live with the enduring mana flask.

Edit: I read the part in the guide about one ring needing reduced mana if you are running skitter bots. I opted for Supreme Ego and therefore just malevolence with no skitter.
Last edited by oweng24 on Oct 7, 2020, 5:20:30 AM
"
Is there any endgame stats we want IE Strength Int and Dex Im just curious so i dont ove go in one stat and over level a gem?

pretty much no, but int around 102 wound be ideal because of lvl 21 malevolence
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
oweng24 wrote:
Is there anyway to eliminate need for enduring mana flask? I count 36 mana cost toxic rain - 9x2 on rings is 18 mana cost. Anyway to eliminate that further? I'm multimodding a ring and if there is no way to fully get rid of the mana cost I'll just skip that crafted mod and live with the enduring mana flask.

Edit: I read the part in the guide about one ring needing reduced mana if you are running skitter bots. I opted for Supreme Ego and therefore just malevolence with no skitter.

reduce mana cost on rings + amulet and replica conqueror's efficiency is the only way
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
oweng24 wrote:

reduce mana cost on rings + amulet and replica conqueror's efficiency is the only way

I think I might go for it then. Would feel so good to be mana free.
This would also let me get skitter bots and flesh and stone back into my build but I would need to lose supreme ego which would hurt my damage even with additional shock. BUT I could make up for that lost damage with a witchfire brew since I no longer need mana flask. Thoughts? Any alternative auras worth looking at? Or things I'm not considering? Thanks for your input.
I was actually playing this build when the hybrid flasks stacked infinitely and it was really fun ^^ It's sad to see all the nerfes they did to the build afterwards but i'm glad it's still working. I'm preferring starkonjas and kaoms tbh. Actually got some questions: Did you do damagetests if an efficiacy gem would be worth it in the 6-link? It was my 7. one back then and now i don't know what to cut. Did you consider taking the rage attack speed node near the scion life wheel? With my testing dying sun had more overlap than no dying sun but i might have tested wrong. But that's a really well-written guide!
Last edited by Cerridwen_Liang on Oct 7, 2020, 7:09:59 AM
Can someone explain, why do we need Enlighten? You cant have precision,blood and sand, malevolance AND skitterbots. I am left with 3 unreserved mana if i use all of them. And if i dont use skitterbots i have 160 mana without enlighten. So why use Enlighten? I am confused

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info