[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Bowhuntr11 wrote:
Finally got a decent Amulet, and the attributes to line up now. Switched back to Crit build. And definitely a noticeable improvement!

I have a question I can't figure out on the Brittle part of the amulet.

So in PoB if I change the effects of Brittle to 15, that means a 15% increase in critical strike chance right? Why does PoB change mine from to 23% to 95% crit strike chance? Is that wrong?

I am just trying to make sure I should be using Critical Strike Damage gem instead of Elemental Focus. If my chance of Crit is lower, then I should run the Elemental focus gem. If it's accurate at 95% then I should run the Crit Strike Damage gem.

https://pastebin.com/0GkPqQ3F

brittle gives you flat base crit chance, not increased. incinerate has a base crit of 5%, with brittle you base crit chance is 20%, all you need is 500% increased crit chance in your tree/gear to cap crit, which is super easy with inquisitor.

definitely switch to increased crit dmg gem. elemental focus will prevent you from inflicting ailment.
Last edited by 8r3nt on Feb 21, 2022, 10:16:49 PM
"
stoudtlr wrote:
"
8r3nt wrote:
"
stoudtlr wrote:
Made the switch back to Guardian and went CI. About 60% of the damage of Inquisitor. 10mil when finished compared to 18mil, but still hitting max stacks almost instantly. The deaths I had before was from not paying attention to my life pool when fighting chaos monsters like the ghosted rogue exiles so I think I'll like this version.

Need to spam some Eldritch currency on my gloves to get the Unnerve implicit.

What’s your ES pool with CI? I’m thinking about going actual low life. And take advantage of radiant faith and go back to glancing blow.

Once finished almost 7k es and 90k armour fully buffed.

https://pastebin.com/x0U6nEwT

I'm currently at 6.3k es and 75k armour.

I'd like to see what you come up with for LL as I think you should have a real good amount of armour that we don't get in any of the other versions along with having a higher es pool since you won't need the unique belt.

Are you thinking of going Shav's and adding more aura's or going Ivory Tower and just moving some of our current aura's to life instead to free up mana for the chaos damage?

Neither. I was just thinking of using coruscating elixir and invest in permanent flask uptime. that way i can reserve both life and mana without giving up skin of the lords. but i gave up lol it's deviating too far from my current setup. Maybe i will do that for my next build.
Last edited by 8r3nt on Feb 21, 2022, 10:25:21 PM
Running lab over and over again to get a relatively meaningless Commandment of Flames on the gloves is very boring :)

That is all :)
"
I have so little discipline as a player :(

I know with every fiber of my build, that the Watchers Eye with chaos resistance is by far the most important item left to get.

So the cycle seems to be this:

1) Grind grind grind

2) "oh cool, I have a bunch of exalts, lets go get the Watcher's Eye"

3) "hmm still can't afford it, I should get back to grinding"

4) "hey look at that shiny object on sale. It won't help my build any where near as much as the Watcher's Eye but I really want it"

5) Spend almost all of what I ground for in step 1 on the minimal improvement

6) Go back to step 1

I seriously have done this cycle 3 times in a row :(

I'm the opposite of this and it's just as detrimental :) I'm so cheap I'm sitting on 4ex, 660 chaos and three unallocated skill points but haven't changed anything in two levels. I have the pain attunement skin and coward's sitting in my stash too!
I am thinking of making this for uber uber lab farming, and simulacrum.

How does the build cope with general lab traps?
"
babicko wrote:

How does the build cope with general lab traps?

I just did 20 lab runs yesterday.

If you use Inquisitor and don't turn on Righteous Fire (which you won't need in Uber lab) you can just run through Uber lab with your eyes closed. You can stand in the fire rooms with no degen, and take numerous hits from the spinning crap. The regen in Inquisitor is insane with out Righteous Fire turned on.

However, the Enriched Uber lab can still present some issues if you fall asleep or make multiple mistakes while running through the traps. Those level 83 spinning traps are no joke.

So if you want to Uber lab farm, this will do well but note we are not a zoom zoom build. We can not scale our speed past what our boots give us so I don't know if you need a high speed build to run labs with efficiency.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 22, 2022, 6:54:44 AM
"
"
snot1rod wrote:
Has anyone gone through Simulacrum? I can't go above wave 23

not yet. After I get to level 96, I am going to give that I shot.

Were you dying at Wave 23, or did you run into a DPS problem where you could not take down Kosis?

====================

As an aside, I noticed you have 3 different forms of Fire exposure. You have it in Wave of Conviction, you have it in your Awakened Fire Pen and in your glove implicit. These do not stack, so you are wasting affixes.

What I did was roll something different on gloves, removed WOC from build and replaced it with Vaal Cold Snap for frenzy charges (while mapping and bossing) and then used the Fire exposure from the Awakend Fire Pen.

WOC is the strongest form of exposure in your setup but replacing it with Frenzy charge and allowing the slightly weaker exposure from the Awaken Gem will give you better overall performance IMO.

@Claeysken and I are both using Vaal Cold Snap and we both really like it.

===================

I also noticed you are wearing rare gloves but are invested in Avatar of Fire. Do you regularly use Asenath Touch gloves and these rare gloves are only a temporary use for bossing?

Hello, what can be smeared in place "Inflict Fire Exposure on hit"
"
snot1rod wrote:

Hello, what can be smeared in place "Inflict Fire Exposure on hit"

Suppress Spell Damage
or
Increased Damage Per Strength
"

that is a very nice version of the build!!! I love the amulet to fit in all the auras :)

I have some comments/questions

1) What is the reason you are not allocating Elemental Overload on the tree? We know that controlled destruction stop this from procing a lot, but it is worth the single point IMO even if it does not proc a lot. Also, our build designer made a change in his Elemental Overload setup where he replaced Controlled Destruction with Energy Leech which gives him significantly more up time of Elemental Overload (which is a massive 40% more damage).

2) you have the following two gem set ups

Flame Dash - Second Wind - VRF
Molten Shell - Inc Duration - Infernal Cry

Infernal Cry will benefit more from Second Wind and VRF will benefit more from Inc Duration, IMO. You may want to consider swapping these two gems.

1)no enough crit chance with my current setup for proc elem overload more than once per year, so i allocated curse stuff instead. But yea ES leech gems + bottle faith (need some ex for it) is clearly better. I'll go for this asap

2)good point here (will try it), RF is here because i retired arcane surge from my flame dash setup recently. in fact i don't use RF and infernal cry that's much. Thanks for your backup exile
"
Hozzeck wrote:

2)good point here (will try it), RF is here because i retired arcane surge from my flame dash setup recently. in fact i don't use RF and infernal cry that's much. Thanks for your backup exile

Yeah, VRF has such a big down side that you have to be very careful using it. I almost never use it either.

Infernal Cry though is fantastic when mapping. You can take out a screen of monsters at a time. I used it constantly when mapping to make fast large clears.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info