[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Got those 2 upgrades. Thanks, definitely an improvement.

Should I run Herald of Ash or Defiance Banner until I can get an Enlighten Gem?
Last edited by Bowhuntr11 on Feb 19, 2022, 11:36:43 PM
"
Bowhuntr11 wrote:
Got those 2 upgrades. Thanks, definitely an improvement.

Should I run Herald of Ash or Defiance Banner until I can get an Enlighten Gem?

Hello! Great work!! Here are a few general comments to consider. Please ignore any you don't like or ask questions on any that don't make sense to you.

1) I would run HOA in place of Defiance Banner if you can fit it in. This will be even more important once you get the Circle ring

2) I would remove Steelskin from your build. It conflicts with Molten Shell. I would also remove Molten Shell from CWDT set up. Molten Shell should be run at full strength levels on your left mouse button.

3) Your build seems to be in a slighting inefficient middle state. The general idea is that until you have the Leadership Price amulet, you want to stay as a non crit build to maximize your damage (that means Elemental Focus support gem and Elemental Overload on tree specifically). Check the notes section of the POB for the inquisitor, you will find some information on this. Regret orbs are cheap so don't be shy in using them on the tree to get to Elemental Overload (I would remove the crit nodes you specced into to help). Then when you get the amulet, you can make the full conversion all at once to crit.

4) Cast speed is king at your point. Grab a better weapon with 20% cast speed. You can get a really strong one for only 10c right now.

5) I would replace the Sulphur flask with almost anything else. We don't need Consecrated Ground as a Inquisitor. I would grab either a cheap Wise Oak for more DPS or a cheap Atziri's Promise for some chaos res and a tiny DPS boost.

6) Remember that when the time comes, Vitality is not meant to be run on your mana pool, it is to be linked with Arrogance to run off your life pool. You really only need this if and when you want to use Righteous Fire full time. Until I would shut it off in case you are using it.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 20, 2022, 12:33:36 AM
"
OddFrequency wrote:
"
@Claeysken, I think it is time to remove the theory craft Inquisitor POB from the first post.

In place of it, please use my current level 95 POB and if you want you can attach this video I created running a T16 map with some scarabs so new viewers can see how the build functions.

POB: https://pastebin.com/7Va7H0yC

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmrxGe5d2DE

================

This is the first game play video I have recorded so I apologize if it looks or sounds terrible. Let me know if anyone watches it and how it looks.

I have some questions regarding your build.
1. So you decided to replace Discipline with Purity of Elements. Does the ailments immune worth it to drop nearly 1k ES?
2. The Elixir Iron flask is solely used to generate E charges right? Would u ever want to press it for the health regen?

great questions!

1) In the last league or 2, many of us came to the realization that Discipline was not providing us enough benefits for its mana cost so we have been looking at various ways to improve upon it.

For the Inquisitor and Guardian builds, Purity of Elements fit us to an absolute T. Not only does the ailment immunity provide us with a ton of defense, it opens up flasks slots that you can use that would otherwise be occupied by trying to fight off various ailments. Also, since we are so Unique gear centric, the large amount of elemental resists that Purity of Elements gives makes capping our resists much easier and leaves room for other important affixes on what few rares we run.

2) The Elixir flask is only used for Endurance Charge generation. I LOVE my charges so getting both Frenzy and Endurance Charges in the build makes me happy. However, this is FAR from required. Please use that flask slot for what ever you like :) I never use the flask to recover life, I only use it for generation (if any life is recovered when I press it, it is by pure luck not by choice, I have a panic life flask for recovering life).
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 20, 2022, 12:40:40 AM
"

great questions!

1) In the last league or 2, many of us came to the realization that Discipline was not providing us enough benefits for its mana cost so we have been looking at various ways to improve upon it.

For the Inquisitor and Guardian builds, Purity of Elements fit us to an absolute T. Not only does the ailment immunity provide us with a ton of defense, it opens up flasks slots that you can use that would otherwise be occupied by trying to fight off various ailments. Also, since we are so Unique gear centric, the large amount of elemental resists that Purity of Elements gives makes capping our resists much easier and leaves room for other important affixes on what few rares we run.

2) The Elixir flask is only used for Endurance Charge generation. I LOVE my charges so getting both Frenzy and Endurance Charges in the build makes me happy. However, this is FAR from required. Please use that flask slot for what ever you like :) I never use the flask to recover life, I only use it for generation (if any life is recovered when I press it, it is by pure luck not by choice, I have a panic life flask for recovering life).

Hmmm, yeah I can also see the ele res from Purity will come in very handy for me to have room for rings upgrade. But in order to run it, Enlighten 3/4 is mandatory right? That gem is so expensive this league :/ I don't remember it's being so expensive a couple leagues ago. And... ughh, dropping 1k ES still doesn't feel great to me though :( maybe because I just like seeing good numbers on my Life/ES...
Last edited by OddFrequency on Feb 20, 2022, 1:19:42 AM
"
OddFrequency wrote:

Hmmm, yeah I can also see the ele res from Purity will come in very handy for me to have room for rings upgrade. But in order to run it, Enlighten 3/4 is mandatory right? That gem is so expensive this league :/ I don't remember it's being so expensive a couple leagues ago. And... ughh, dropping 1k ES still doesn't feel great to me though :( maybe because I just like seeing good numbers on my Life/ES...

Enlighten 3 is only needed if you want to run defiance banner along with all the others (Determination, Herald of Ash, Purity of Elements and Tempest Shield). The nodes on the tree we take allow us to fit in everything but Defiance Banner with out the EL3

Until you can afford an EL 3, I would just not run Defiance Banner. It is the least meaningful aura we have and can certainly wait until later when you can afford an EL 3.

One thing we have learned in the last few leagues is to not over focus the your Life/ES pool. In this build (as in most builds), you want to focus on the EHP (effective hit pool) numbers in POB. While losing Discipline certainly looks bad on the bubble on your screen, in POB it did not make a great deal of difference to the EHP.

Of course never do anything that does not feel good. Always trust your own instincts.

As a point of reference, I have run this build in the past with 8.5k combined life and ES. I feel tankier this league and I only have ~6k combined life and ES.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 20, 2022, 1:32:46 AM
Uber Elder down! Deathless but not easy.

I had some problem locating both on the screen at times and there was something that ground my action speed to a halt twice and nearly killed me both times.

I probably won't be fighting this again as it is easier to sell the fragments.

All voidstones in hand now.

I still need to open 2 favorite sockets (The Feared and Cortex).
Thank you again for all your help! I just dropped a 4ex item, so I am going to start getting the ring / amulet. :) Hopefully get it all done tomorrow. I will keep ya updated!
"

Enlighten 3 is only needed if you want to run defiance banner along with all the others (Determination, Herald of Ash, Purity of Elements and Tempest Shield). The nodes on the tree we take allow us to fit in everything but Defiance Banner with out the EL3

Until you can afford an EL 3, I would just not run Defiance Banner. It is the least meaningful aura we have and can certainly wait until later when you can afford an EL 3.

One thing we have learned in the last few leagues is to not over focus the your Life/ES pool. In this build (as in most builds), you want to focus on the EHP (effective hit pool) numbers in POB. While losing Discipline certainly looks bad on the bubble on your screen, in POB it did not make a great deal of difference to the EHP.

Of course never do anything that does not feel good. Always trust your own instincts.

As a point of reference, I have run this build in the past with 8.5k combined life and ES. I feel tankier this league and I only have ~6k combined life and ES.

But Purity is better in your case right since you're using the unique amulet that raises your max res. I'm currently playing the Elementalist version, can this version utilize that unique?
"
OddFrequency wrote:
"

But Purity is better in your case right since you're using the unique amulet that raises your max res. I'm currently playing the Elementalist version, can this version utilize that unique?

Probably not worth it.
The regen on Elementalist version isn't good enough to sustain RF, so only benefit would be to get Scorch/Brittle/Sap, but then you also lose Shock and Ignite.

Imo, better to go with a good rare ammy on Elementalist :)
"
@Claeysken, I think it is time to remove the theory craft Inquisitor POB from the first post.

In place of it, please use my current level 95 POB and if you want you can attach this video I created running a T16 map with some scarabs so new viewers can see how the build functions.

POB: https://pastebin.com/7Va7H0yC

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmrxGe5d2DE

================

This is the first game play video I have recorded so I apologize if it looks or sounds terrible. Let me know if anyone watches it and how it looks.

Hi guys!

Inquisitor Righteous Fire sustain question time!! Again!! xD

My last update:

1)complete all the pantheon (arakaali & tukohama), CHECK
2)liv. 21 vitality, CHECK
3)anoint Prismatic skin, CHECK

My POB: https://pastebin.com/jkiPyBR7

..so, no problem to sustain RF when I'm channeling or I'm on consecrated ground, but when I run and the 4 seconds buff for consecrated ground expire, my ES get depleted quickly (only the ES not the life pool, I can sustain life pool no matter what), it's that normal? We have to stay on consecrated ground to fully sustain ES with RF, or I'm missing something?

@Andy

So you think the big explosion with asenath touch it's not worth anymore? You only use infernal cry for big clearing now?

Thanks!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info