[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

whew, what a run!!!

Elder -> Forge of the Phoenix -> The Formed Invitation -> The Shaper -> Maven

All deathless (and easy) except Maven and her accursed Memory game :)

3 Voidstones in hand, just Uber Elder to go (I have two of the Uber elder fragments from Shaper and Elder fight).

I am going to go back to mapping for a while to try and build up some funds. I have been saving all of my sextants and now that I have three voidstones, I think I will start using them to further juice these insane maps :)

I have to say that no matter how much one sucks at this game like I do, having DPS and some defenses makes up for some really poor play :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 17, 2022, 10:55:10 PM
ok with my new Frenzy setup that you guys and Claey helped me with, these are my new damage numbers:

When mapping: 11.3m
Single target burst damage: 16.5m (both Vaal's and enemy covered in ash*)

*Note that I use the ash in maps as well but that is to blow up the screen, not to increase my dps so the 11.3m does not include the 20% from Infernal Cry.

As a point of reference for how good things are in 3.17, I limped through end game in this build in 3.15 with barely 3m dps single target burst damage. Felt bad :(

3.17 not feel bad :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 18, 2022, 1:39:59 AM
"
Elder was so easy. And I forgot to even turn on my RF. He was barely harder than a T16 boss, just took a little longer due to all the phases.

Shaper is up next after one more fragment. I expect that will be easy as well but maybe not as easy as Elder.

I just fought double shaper (Maven clone) and it was pretty easy. Think uber elder will be fairly easy as well.
I only have 4,5% crit chance with Incinerate, and that's also with a diamond flask either so it's not 100% uptime. Does that enough to reliably proc EO? Or should I drop Controlled Dest for smt else?
"
OddFrequency wrote:
I only have 4,5% crit chance with Incinerate, and that's also with a diamond flask either so it's not 100% uptime. Does that enough to reliably proc EO? Or should I drop Controlled Dest for smt else?

why not just try it out and see? you can see the diamond icon on your skill bar if EO is up.

but theoretically, lets say you are hitting only a single target and your cast speed is 7 per second, in that 8 sec period you spend 5 seconds hitting the enemy and the other 3 running around...that will be in total 35 hits, with 4.5% crit chance, the chance of at least one hit crits is 1 - (1-0.045)^35 = 80%.
Hmm, my cast per sec rn is about 11 :/
"
OddFrequency wrote:
Hmm, my cast per sec rn is about 11 :/

Then you have a 92% chance for one of them to crit using 8r3nt's example, but most bosses we don't dodge at all. Just stand there and hold incinerate so you should see 100% uptime for it against most bosses.
"
OddFrequency wrote:

I can't remember if Claeysken has updated his elementalist POB in the first post or not but I know that once he got unnerve from his gloves, like you have, he removed Controlled Destruction from the build and replaced it with ES Leech. This way he found he had much better up time of EO and did not need to use a flask spot on a Diamond.
Have a question and couldn't find the answer to it in the last 50 pages or so. I am sure it is answered somewhere though. I just got to end game and starting to upgrade my gear from yellows.

I see on almost all the builds lately that they aren't running the rings with the reduced effect of curses. Was wondering what is overcoming the belt now? Or are we just sustaining above any curses? Thanks for any help!
"
Bowhuntr11 wrote:

I see on almost all the builds lately that they aren't running the rings with the reduced effect of curses. Was wondering what is overcoming the belt now? Or are we just sustaining above any curses? Thanks for any help!

I don't want to call this a controversial topic but there are different opinions on it. Some people think it is important but others of us have either completely ignored the stat or found other ways to mitigate it.

A couple of leagues ago one player got to level 100 with no mitigation of the curses. They really are not a problem and we need our rings for so many other important stats.

There are two other ways you can mitigate the curses if you feel you need to. You can get a belt enchant that mitigates them from the lab and there is also a mastery point you can choose on the tree that helps reduce the effect of curses. You can also mitigate via a flask affix.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 18, 2022, 1:07:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info