[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Claeysken wrote:
"
Cchris07 wrote:
could an additional curse be better than the steel anoint for amulet until you get hold of additional curse on hit?

was also thinking... the max resist drop is to 0. so...

-44 on flammability + wise oak 15 + exposure + combustion = we are already there no? making ele weakness redundant? NOT CERTAIN about it though.... i geuss it comes into play on monsters have increased resist maps ? again not certain about all this xd

Mobs can actually go to negative resistances too, same as us.
I do recommend holding out on the second curse then until you get the Awakaned CoH, since armour is a huge defence for this build :)

oh that was a fast reply, thanks bud :) and yeah ik armours very important so thats why i asked first, before i go wasting 3 gold oils ;p

my friend just pointed out this is the case for penetration not resistance drop ;p you cant pen past 0.

the coh is 15 x so its probably gonna be the last thing i get if... ever... lol :P

on the plus side awakened focus/ destruction can be picked up 3-4 ex for both so im kinda happy about that :D.
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jul 19, 2020, 11:41:58 AM
lmao so i just ran my merci lab, talking to a friend in pm, walked upto argus's room to afk not knowing it was argus's room... to reply and hes sat whacking me unable to kill me while im having a nice chat, found it hilarious had to post :D
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jul 19, 2020, 11:50:03 AM
"
Cchris07 wrote:
lmao so i just ran my merci lab, talking to a friend in pm, walked upto argus's room to afk not knowing it was argus's room... to reply and hes sat whacking me unable to kill me while im having a nice chat, found it hilarious had to post :D

Tanky!!! ^^
First time trying this build, it's perfect for me in hardcore harvest because of how tanky it is. I love how incinerate looks/feels while playing too and just standing there channeling while tanking boss hits back to back is badass. I actually have been really liking Frostblink, at least while levelling, I'm currently level 55.

You can use Frostblink after channeling to full stacks of incinerate and it maintains the stacks allowing you to jump from pack to pack of monsters and clear them basically instantly. Clear one pack reaching full stacks, jump into the next pack of magic/rares and let go of the full stack and you clear them instantly, and the Frostblink cooldown recovers pretty quickly if you use it this way.
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
I know one of the builds con's was clear speed, but I have found the addition of second wind support to Infernal Cry and Flame Dash have made clearing very very smooth.

Screen wide explosions in maps are so satisfying and with second wind, Infernal Cry can be used significantly more often.

Hey,

I agree! Since I made the switch yesterday clearing has been much more smoother even ^^

cool!

I see you added it as an option to the build guide, I think that was smart. This combo looks really solid.
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
I know one of the builds con's was clear speed, but I have found the addition of second wind support to Infernal Cry and Flame Dash have made clearing very very smooth.

Screen wide explosions in maps are so satisfying and with second wind, Infernal Cry can be used significantly more often.

Hey,

I agree! Since I made the switch yesterday clearing has been much more smoother even ^^

Can one of you upload a mapping video of this change in playstyle?
livejamie
I just made it to level 94. I now have No Silence and No Corrupted Blood protection which fills in two holes in my defense.

I have scratched and clawed my effective life to over 7700 now and it feels really good!

I think I have face tanked everything in the game that I have tried. Nothing can one shot me except the meteor from Sirus. I died once to that because I went the wrong way in the maze and got stuck. :)

Sirus is slow to kill but he presents no danger (outside of what I mentioned above). Every single attack he has, this build tanks. If he would just stand still for more than 2 seconds in the last phase, it would go much quicker :)

=========================

Not that I mind because it should protect us from nerfs but does anyone know why almost no one is playing this build? I don't get it. This build has every thing.

Solid clear speed
Solid boss killing
Awesome at incursions
Great at Delving
Virtually unkillable when mapping/bossing.

There are so few builds that can do this, especially on the 10-15ex budget.
"
I just made it to level 94. I now have No Silence and No Corrupted Blood protection which fills in two holes in my defense.

I have scratched and clawed my effective life to over 7700 now and it feels really good!

I think I have face tanked everything in the game that I have tried. Nothing can one shot me except the meteor from Sirus. I died once to that because I went the wrong way in the maze and got stuck. :)

Sirus is slow to kill but he presents no danger (outside of what I mentioned above). Every single attack he has, this build tanks. If he would just stand still for more than 2 seconds in the last phase, it would go much quicker :)

=========================

Not that I mind because it should protect us from nerfs but does anyone know why almost no one is playing this build? I don't get it. This build has every thing.

Solid clear speed
Solid boss killing
Awesome at incursions
Great at Delving
Virtually unkillable when mapping/bossing.

There are so few builds that can do this, especially on the 10-15ex budget.

Incinerate on its own has kinda low AoE and thus low clearspeed. Has changed quite a bit with the addition of Infernal Cry though.
Also, most people don't like the fact that they have to stand still to use a skill. They want one-tap-kill-all-move-along sorta playstyle ^^

"
livejamie wrote:
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Hey,

Can one of you upload a mapping video of this change in playstyle?

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rwoZE7G_U&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Claeysken on Jul 19, 2020, 3:24:13 PM
"
Claeysken wrote:

awesome!!

Try this trick, it has worked very well for me.

If the situation allows for it, don't stop before the pack and infernal cry.

Instead, Flame Dash past the pack and then on its back side do the Infernal Cry. You can sometimes concatenate two packs together into a MASSIVE explosion by doing this and clear even faster :)
"
"
Claeysken wrote:

awesome!!

Try this trick, it has worked very well for me.

If the situation allows for it, don't stop before the pack and infernal cry.

Instead, Flame Dash past the pack and then on its back side do the Infernal Cry. You can sometimes concatenate two packs together into a MASSIVE explosion by doing this and clear even faster :)

Nice, will try, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info