[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Claeysken wrote:
"
hey @Claeysken,

Have you ever considered whether we could use elemental equilibrium with this build via socketing a Summon Lightning Golem in a Malachai's Artifice ring?

I was thinking of trying the Golem Elementalist version next league and saw a video on this Malachai's Artifice mechanic today and wondered if it was something worth considering.....

We obviously give up a lot of stats from losing a rare ring but the damage boost looks significant in POB.

Let me know what you think...

Hey,
I did not really consider it because I really wanted to get that reduced curse effect on the rings :)
Although, I've read in this thread that some people don't find the curse effect all that necessary, so perhaps it's a viable idea.

Feel free to try it! ;)

Greetz

Cool. Yeah, I have played I think 5 leagues now and never had any issues with the increased curse effect, even with multiple curses on T16 map mods.

I may try some theory crafting in POB to see what things look like.

I also need to see what the new league mechanic is. If the golem will die in a millisecond, like in Ultimatum, it is not worth it even if he is automatically resummoned 4 seconds later.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 29, 2021, 8:56:23 AM
"
Bread_bad wrote:
Awesome guide overall! I went the elementalist route and did some modifications to the build based off some things I liked from other builds I saw (Like taking Skin of Lords with iron reflex + grace implicit on shield for insane armour, using frostblink with divergent incinerate to always have max stages, etc.). It's very calming not having to worry too much about dying from a random one shot mechanic compared to all the other builds I played previously.

POB: https://pastebin.com/7fEHkqwV

Thank you for sharing this build version, lots of interesting choices!

Can you, or any one else, explain how Frostblink and Divergent Incinerate work together to always give you max stages? I can't figure that relationship out but it seems incredibly powerful to be on stage 10 immediately.
I'm curious too, but if I had to guess somehow frostblink doesn't cancel your channelling, so you stay on max stages as you pop around. With divergent your frostblink becomes available much faster. The incinerate is just he never releases for the final wave damage, just holds it down for max stages damage.

You guys may notice I disappeared for the past weeks/months. It's because I'm an altoholic so once I get a build to 90ish I lose interest in pushing for minute improvements and something else catch my attention. Well, past few days I ran out of fun alts to do so I cycled back to see if I can make my petrified blood version better.

Here was my petrified blood version. I consider it a huge success for me, for the budget it took: https://pastebin.com/aLuDjGxz

The long story short is the original guide is still best for optimal performance, although I still think elementalist is better than inquisitor. The reason why the original guide is better than my petrified version is:

1) Golems die in high tier content so you lose a lot of the benefits
2) Having full life instead of petrified life is still better one shot protection.
3) Self casting wave of conviction is more damage than my using lazy cluster jewel Heraldry. Replace that medium jewel with more stun protection

I had around 5X left and I spent 3X on a watcher eye with ES on hit and vulnerability/determination mods. Then I did the curse reduction rings and coward legacy belt. Again, much tankier than petrified blood, and slightly better DPS, but more costly. Here is the current POB. Still budget compared to all the versions you guys have pushed to, but for an altoholic that is always poor it's pretty good :) https://pastebin.com/QJfff4TA

Last night I did Sirius A5 (got bored pushing map progression) deathless and Catarina lvl 83 deathless. This build is just a monster tank. Will definitely do it again next league, but not sure if I will league start with it or not, thinking a hiero totem might be lower cost to league star/farm currency with (5L soul mantle or even just tabula rasa with 2 kika rings).
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jun 29, 2021, 11:23:24 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I'm curious too, but if I had to guess somehow frostblink doesn't cancel your channelling, so you stay on max stages as you pop around.

That makes sense. I saw this in the description of Frost Blink in relation to this question: "Other actions are not interrupted by casting Frostblink"

I hate frost blink in comparison to flame dash as a movement skill but this sounds nice if I can get used to it.

Although I am such a heavy user of Infernal Cry (which does cancel channeling) Frostblink may not be good for my play style.
Yeah I personally dont like frost blink either, I like being able to blink multiple times with flame dash.
As I do every league, the very first thing I am going to look for in the patch notes is if they made any nerfs to block and more specifically, recovery on block.

I am convinced after trying nearly every kind of build over the years, that recovery on block is the best defensive mechanism in the game, especially when paired with fortify.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 29, 2021, 3:35:06 PM
Yeah I was surprised a league (or two?) back when they went about nerfing Glancing Blow they didn't touch recovery on block. Surrender is already strong, but it only recovers 250 hp per hit. Aegis can recover your entire ES pool. If Aegis gets nerfed then this build is in trouble :(

There's a lot of noise on nerfing elementalist as well, which I think is unwarranted. I guess the ignite burning arrow was dominant this league so people are complaining about golem buffs, but IIRC the golem buffs were the same as before except they added the self spawn, it's fixing the other ascendency nodes that made elementalist good. Good thing as my post said I discovered the golems are too fragile for highend content, maybe with more investment (primordial golem regen/etc) they can stay alive.

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jun 29, 2021, 3:53:37 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Yeah I was surprised a league (or two?) back when they went about nerfing Glancing Blow they didn't touch recovery on block. Surrender is already strong, but it only recovers 250 hp per hit. Aegis can recover your entire ES pool. If Aegis gets nerfed then this build is in trouble :(

There's a lot of noise on nerfing elementalist as well, which I think is unwarranted. I guess the ignite burning arrow was dominant this league so people are complaining about golem buffs, but IIRC the golem buffs were the same as before except they added the self spawn, it's fixing the other ascendency nodes that made elementalist good. Good thing as my post said I discovered the golems are too fragile for highend content, maybe with more investment (primordial golem regen/etc) they can stay alive.

I am hopeful that the shield specifically won't be touched since GGG tends to focus on Meta builds and this shield, as good as it is, is used in only 2% of the builds on poe.ninja.

Whether they touch recovery on block in general though is another story and the shield might get caught up in the wash.

I have done a ton of theory crafting with the golems and I can't make them work for this build as well as the non golem version. As such if they hit the golems in Elementalist, but leave everything else, I will be ok with that.
Golem buffs are very strong (ailment immunity, cast speed, regen, physical damage reduction) but a few problems I noted in this league:

1) They die, which causes the buffs to go away. The self respawn can't keep up under hard combat conditions

2) They eat up a lot of gem sockets which is hard to give up

3) Kind of need Golem Commander and Primordial Chain to really push the buffs. To get golem commander means either sacrificing one of the amulet/boot enchants, or spending 5+ passive points.

4) We have so much armor that we almost cap physical damage reduction without needing chaos golem anyways.

If by some miracle (pun? haha) the Inquisitor "Instrument of zeal" is its own branch and not stuck behind the useless "Instrument of Virtue" then I would probably go inquisitor. 75% more cast speed and AOE would be so OP! I dont know if a triggered attack counts though, but I've been doing shield charge/fortify anyways since any megalomanic with overlord on it is multiple exalts, even if other nodes are useless.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jun 30, 2021, 1:12:19 PM
I suck at theory crafting but I keep looking at the CWDT-Blade Blast-Void Sphere set up and continue to wonder if we could do better in those 3 gems slots.

Void Sphere is fun and all but it does not really do much. So we really need to find 3 gems that do more than give an occasional Unnerve debuff on the bad guys.

There are almost no minions worth slotting here because they are just going to die with out investment in minion life which we don't want to do.

Is there anything useful we could do with Riposte/Vengence that would be better than Unnerve from Blade Blast?

I keep coming back to Blind but then I always remember @Claeysken reminding us that too much evasion works against this build because we thrive on getting hit.

Could we do something like [Divergent Riposte - Onslaught Support - Maim]?

The Divergent Risposte and Onslaught Support might be redundant.....

I feel like a good up time on Onslaught would be better than an occasional unnerve. According to POB, Onslaught gives us a little more DPS than Unnerve.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 1, 2021, 9:37:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info