[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Unnerve is 10% more damage taken, I'm surprised onslaught (20% cast speed) is even close. On my elementalist it's a difference of 10K channeling. I think unnerve is better for the release damage.

I used purifying flame in a CWDT for a bit. Consecrated ground = 6% regen and 100% crit for triggering elemental overload (not that it was a problem to do so).

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Unnerve is 10% more damage taken, I'm surprised onslaught (20% cast speed) is even close. On my elementalist it's a difference of 10K channeling. I think unnerve is better for the release damage.

Here is the data I see in POB. Please double check in case I am making a mistake.

I loaded the POB listed in the build guide for the Elementalist.

DPS @ 10 Stages with Unnerve (no onslaught) = 6,973,416
DPS @ 10 Stages with Onslaught (no unnerve) = 7,074,679

I think you are correct though that release dps will be a little higher with unnerve since cast speed is meaningless to dps on release.

The vast majority of the damage I do when playing is channeling so I think this trade off would work for me especially if I can find some useful support gems for Divergent Riposte and if we have a good up time on onslaught.

If this works, it also frees up a valuable flask slot for those that were getting onslaught via cinderswallow.

Just a reminder that Cinderswallow is another 10% damage taken, if you ignite monsters yourself. Elementalist should be self casting wave of conviction for Mastermind of Discord for its debuff bonus damage, so Cinderswallow would trigger as well.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 4, 2021, 10:23:18 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Just a reminder that Cinderswallow is another 10% damage taken, if you ignite monsters yourself. Elementalist should be self casting wave of conviction for Mastermind of Discord for its debuff bonus damage, so Cinderswallow would trigger as well.

Good point about ignite and Cinderswallow but the idea here is to free up a flask slot for Bottled Faith and you still get to keep Onslaught.

So I would use Blade Blast and Cinderswallow together until I have a Bottled Faith and then switch to Divergent Riposte with the Bottled Faith

I don't think we ever want to self cast Combustion IMO.

I think Combustion should be in either a trigger setup with Reckoning or in CWDT setup, both of which will cause Combustion to go off quite often since we are always getting hit or blocking.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 4, 2021, 4:52:19 PM
On standard, I have collected all the items from this guide that can only be obtained through the market (online sellers who are ready to sell an item).
For example, there is no megalomaniac on the market in standard with three important stats in one item or the “necessary” Guardian Eye.
Can someone advise me, please, what to do with the character (open in the profile - witch Oreks 94) in order to calmly defeat maven or all her trials, as well as a map with 5 spheres delirium.
I spent a lot of time collecting all these things, but I do not know what to do next, because the necessary things are not even in the current league, and I consider it unrealistic to knock out my right Guardian eye or megalomania.
"
Bogrumax wrote:
On standard, I have collected all the items from this guide that can only be obtained through the market (online sellers who are ready to sell an item).
For example, there is no megalomaniac on the market in standard with three important stats in one item or the “necessary” Guardian Eye.
Can someone advise me, please, what to do with the character (open in the profile - witch Oreks 94) in order to calmly defeat maven or all her trials, as well as a map with 5 spheres delirium.
I spent a lot of time collecting all these things, but I do not know what to do next, because the necessary things are not even in the current league, and I consider it unrealistic to knock out my right Guardian eye or megalomania.

*You don't need three stats on the megalomaniac. Overlord is by far the best. Just buy any with Overlord in one of the outside positions. The other two nodes are just gravy if you get them but if you don't, just ignore them and don't allocate them. Your Hearth of Iron is fine to use.

*You are missing a ton of damage and defense by not allocating Nature's Patience. It is the whole reason we use the boots in the build.

*I am not a fan of relying on a flask to cap your ele resists. They are dangerously low for late end game material if you don't have your wise oak active.

*Your Maelstron Glimmer jewel is almost useless for the build outside of the corruption and small chaos resist. Replace that with a jewel that has life/es/armor/ele resist/etc even if it does not have the good corruption

*Your gems look great as does the gear you are wearing. Once you finish the build, your damage will be close to double what you have now.

*Your spell block is too low. You want that capped as we are a block based build. See next bullet for how to fix

*IMO, you have over invested in AOE. The elementalist provides us a ton of AOE so it frees up points in the tree. I would dellocate the points going to Blast Radius and Amplify and use those points towards Sanctuary. I would also deallocate the points towards Purity of Flesh since your Chaos res is very good and invest those points into Mental Rapidity and Arcane Focus for more damage and ES.

If you make these changes you will have more total health, significantly more damage and better layers of defense.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 5, 2021, 6:52:10 PM
For 2 leagues I've had to forego overlord just because megalomanics with them are just expensive, even with the 2 other nodes being crap. You can get by with shield charge/fortify, and indeed it feels like you charge faster than the static 150% speed from the boots, although I'm not sure if that is just me thinking it's faster due to animation.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
. You can get by with shield charge/fortify, and indeed it feels like you charge faster than the static 150% speed from the boots, although I'm not sure if that is just me thinking it's faster due to animation.

I believe this is similar to flame dash.

I think Flame Dash and Shield charge are considered action speed, and the boots don't effect action speed. The boots only effect movement speed (when we try and run on our own), but not when we cast a spell (flame dash) or attack (shield charge).
"
I don't think we ever want to self cast Combustion IMO.

I think Combustion should be in either a trigger setup with Reckoning or in CWDT setup, both of which will cause Combustion to go off quite often since we are always getting hit or blocking.

For an elementalist if you don't cast WoC/combustion yourself then you don't get the bonus of Mastermind of Discord. POB can't tell if you self cast or not (it will give you the bonus for a WoC in a CWDT setup), so your POB number would be wrong.

Edit: Just realize you said combustion instead of WoC. you are right then, it would be more consistent to have combustion linked to a trigger skill, since presumably those would activate more than your once in a while WoC.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 9, 2021, 4:59:23 PM
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 11, 2021, 10:51:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info