[3.10] Herald Power Siphon Guardian | OP as heck | Money making guide and Scion version included

@DawnOfDusk_

I had a level 93 Scion so I just moved everything to her and the damage is way better on Scion. Also the attack speed feels really nice. Thank you !
"
dguay wrote:
@DawnOfDusk_

I had a level 93 Scion so I just moved everything to her and the damage is way better on Scion. Also the attack speed feels really nice. Thank you !

You're welcome. If you want more survivability, just use 3 replenishings. Almost unkillable
Turns out my damage is just too sick. Here's A8 kill at level 91.

https://youtu.be/nwQrkRinP8Q

My tree is still missing tons of points, ES only as 6k3. But somehow it killed Sirus faster than my 80m DPS EK guardian (at last phase with my EK, Sirus would go into beam mode before dying) Here my scion just ripped it apart lol:

My item is pretty much patchy. (The shield I bought from DawnofDusk_ lol) Some gems need to 21/23. Random jewels with no bonus to damage and defense. A lot of room for improvement. But I'm quite satisfy at this stage already.
Thank you for the build! :D

Edit: Mapping vid https://youtu.be/Nof11Ctsp1o

I recorded many more vids with crazy map mods+conqueror mobs but my PC couldn't handle it while recording so this one with less mods is the least laggy to see how fast it is at mapping even without HH.
Last edited by laststraw9 on Apr 27, 2020, 12:50:56 AM
hay i about to ding 100 on my heralds ek guardian what is the best to go for this build i have around 350ex plus whatever some of my other items sell for on this toon is this enough to build a decent version of this?
"
hay i about to ding 100 on my heralds ek guardian what is the best to go for this build i have around 350ex plus whatever some of my other items sell for on this toon is this enough to build a decent version of this?

If you already have a herald stacker, it's far more than enough (even if you don't, lol).
I switched from arc to this and paid about 100 ex for semi-decent gear.

My question is what should I focus on upgrading first? Another 1% jewel so I can fit in more split personalities? Better 1% jewels with 2+ good stats? A better watcher's eye with crit? Or even awakened chain?
Thanks!
Bought AW chain yesterday.

Just need a Conqs Efficiency now and some nice 5 point Voices.

Single Target with Chain is still a bit lacking so thanks for the "why is my dps so low" mini guide.

What are some nice corruptions on Shadows and Dust? Got a pair with +1 Frenzy Charges atm.
Paper DPS is lower than Spore gloves ofc but the bonus damage from Rampage is nice during mapping and to push 6 stages of Simulacrum.
"
n4zroth wrote:
"

If you already have a herald stacker, it's far more than enough (even if you don't, lol).
I switched from arc to this and paid about 100 ex for semi-decent gear.

My question is what should I focus on upgrading first? Another 1% jewel so I can fit in more split personalities? Better 1% jewels with 2+ good stats? A better watcher's eye with crit? Or even awakened chain?
Thanks!

The split personality didn't do much for me tbh. Don't have one with Int and ES only ES and Armour. I played around with a Stygian and 9 1% jewels in the tree but kept the Darkness Enthroned with 1 damage jewel.
The Watcher's eye with Anger and Hatred mod does a lot for DPS so maybe lookout for one. Cheap ones are 12ex but the range goes up with the popularity of this build.

Still thinking about the best way to craft a ele pen wand with high dps.
Last edited by K4P0T on Apr 27, 2020, 4:45:07 AM
I don't really know where to start, i already have an EK scion with "decent gear" to swap to this one. But what wand am i looking for here ? You gave an option, but it seems like real expensive, whats between piscator and the wand you give
"
AcidCitrus wrote:
I don't really know where to start, i already have an EK scion with "decent gear" to swap to this one. But what wand am i looking for here ? You gave an option, but it seems like real expensive, whats between piscator and the wand you give

Self-crafted similar to mine is the half way house. (Or buy one for around 10-15ex.)

So I did some testing on Scion vs my current guardian set up. Copying my comment from Reddit on this in case it's useful to anyone else.

https://pastebin.com/6pyDV6Qd - my current char. Missing unnatural instinct, 1% conq eff, 3rd 5 passive voices. Budget is around 130ex (based on what I paid, prices are now a lot higher for this version.) POB is set up without flasks etc but in single target mode. If you select the flasks and add power charges single target is somewhere around 13.5m DPS.

If I swapped Scion, with might of the meek in the right side (attack speed socket) you can hit 18/19 auras more easily (if I could free up a socket I could easily slot in another aura on my build if I switched to Scion.) It gave me around 19.6m DPS single target and a tiny bit more ES at the same level. I'd probably have to add in some replenish's or similar, the ES recovery tanks in Scion. Maybe with a ES on hit watchers Eye you could tank stuff but flat recovery is a lot worse. I'm pretty much done with this league now I hit 36/40 so I probably won't reroll into Scion but yeah, the DPS increase is massive with the attack speed boost.

Edit: also added some tips on my gear for anyone. Moldy, feel free to cut this stuff (or the above) into the guide if you think its useful.

From the gear listed in the POB - here are the improvements I could make:
Shield (awakener orb) and wand (fossils, jagged+serrated) were self crafted, rings were purchases I multimodded. Boots purchased as well, but you could awakener orb craft them also.

Amulet - get vitality or similar on neck, free up a socket for flesh and stone / warbanner.
Rings - %es on both, flat doesn't do much thanks to the massive amount of flat you get from Discipline.
Wand - penetration. Huge damage boost, either search for a flat phys attack speed pen base and craft from there or try and spam craft yourself.
Shield - more ES, I could risk an annul but didnt want to try.
Gloves - corruption maybe, probably not worth but if you could hit either ele weakness or +2 auras its a big boost and frees up the ring slot to be more flexible.
Boots - more ES, probably not worth it though. 30%+ movespeed. Personally I value the cannot be chilled craft (frees up a flask slot.)
Chest - higher attributes would let me drop the strength split personality, add in another int + ES or another damage jewel.
Jewels - %ES and better stats. Expensive though. Unnatural instinct would be a small increase.
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
Last edited by GrandpaPenguin on Apr 27, 2020, 6:43:04 AM
Hi I just switched from an arc herald ascendant and I'm having trouble with the build... Could I get some insights on my upgrade priority?? Thanks so much in advance :D

POb: https://pastebin.com/rqCZ3Kbu
"
ricmond wrote:
Hi I just switched from an arc herald ascendant and I'm having trouble with the build... Could I get some insights on my upgrade priority?? Thanks so much in advance :D

POb: https://pastebin.com/rqCZ3Kbu

What kind of trouble?

Damage? Level your Power Siphon support gems. Most of them don't have quality.
After that proceed to the section "Why is my dps so low?".
You need some adjustments to really get it going.

Auras?

How many 1% jewels do you have?

I don't play Scion but get a might of the meek in that slot where ring of blades is.
Last edited by K4P0T on Apr 27, 2020, 11:28:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info