[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

Yeah the build is pretty rough to level up as a league starter even in trade league.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Migski wrote:
Hi! I'm currently planning to use this as a league starter and I was wondering why you have a Holy Flame Totem in your PoB setup? Is it for the consecrated ground?
Easy way to ramp up power charges for conviction of power, plus consecrated ground and curse removal/immunity on demand.

Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah I'm currently leveling this up as my league starter and from my experience the league mechanic really wants you to run around. Quite difficult so far but doable, I just cast once (well along with spell echo) and run while plopping down Holy Flame totem. Had to remove MoM since it already caused me 2 deaths running out of mana to cast.
I was struggling until I scraped enough together to get an Atziri's Foible, now it seems pretty easy. I have a 5L Sire of Shards for now.
Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering through this build as a league starter, haha.

Any ideas for how I might salvage this build? I can't even do tier 1 map ultimatums.
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering through this build as a league starter, haha.

Any ideas for how I might salvage this build? I can't even do tier 1 map ultimatums.

Ultimatums will probably be a skip for a while, tbh. It took me several gear upgrades before I could do them just in yellow maps.

Looking at the tree, room to save points. You're spending 6 travel nodes to pick up an 8% mana node, can respec into the three 8% mana nodes by Shaper and pick up the 10% mana node by Supreme Ego. Then you can add two jewel sockets on the tree as well.

The biggest, but budget, DPS gain you could buy is an Essence Worm to let you use Wrath. That should be first goal. If you can't afford that for a while, spec out of Supreme Ego as it's not doing anything.

For amulet, Atziri's Foible is too damn expensive but you can find a random amulet/talisman with Mind Drinker anointed for a couple chaos. Very helpful anoint for clear -- or just put it on your own amulet for about 7c.

When you can afford it, switching to Tabula Rasa + Agnerod North is a good dps gain over Amplification Rod.

This build was def not a fun league start lol.
Could you guys help me with the build ? I have some if not most of the stuff, but it feels lacking? Any insight ?
Pob : https://pastebin.com/Z9Kraz7N
Actually, ultimatums are very simple with this build once you get enough mana regen + agnostic. I was able to do all waves of ultimatum at lvl 78 even on 20% and 40% delirium maps. Leveling was easy also with 4link storm brand and 5link ball lighting, as a 5-link chest is like 1c.
pledge, foible and cloak are really really expensive starting with this is rough lol.

I thought pledge was general drop, did they lie about that?
Second-class poe gamer

This is a pretty interesting helmet for early game, right? As long as you can cap resistances it provides decent amount of mana and some chaos res if you have negative value.
"
pr13st wrote:
pledge, foible and cloak are really really expensive starting with this is rough lol.

I thought pledge was general drop, did they lie about that?

They clarified on reddit that pledge will not be general drop. You don't need pledge or cloak for the early game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info