[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

For amulet, Atziri's Foible is too damn expensive but you can find a random amulet/talisman with Mind Drinker anointed for a couple chaos. Very helpful anoint for clear -- or just put it on your own amulet for about 7c.

that was a pretty helpfull ty for that
Last edited by Smartdrug on Apr 19, 2021, 11:00:14 AM
Having similar experience with this build as a league starter: Ultimatum is really painful for our build; and it's a good source of chaos :(.

Decided to using all my saving: buy and annoint Atziri's Foible, Agnerod, 5 links chest, Clear mind anid Essence worm and can't still get past Ultimatum in wave 4 in Tier 4 map even. Really need help here.
So yep - atziri's foible is very needed (yes you can get some random amu with +to max mana and inc mana, but atziri have also mana regen)

With amu and agnerod was able to handle most of ultimatums at white maps (no yellow drop atm). After got pledge + cloak got ~8.7k mana things starting to go good, with exception when something slow you in ultimatum.

I have 1 question - how do you sustain mana, currently at 5l have 1.8k mana cost, i see a lot of players using enduring mana flask so effect don't remove on full mana - is it enough ?

"
Spattergroit wrote:
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering through this build as a league starter, haha.

Any ideas for how I might salvage this build? I can't even do tier 1 map ultimatums.

Ultimatums will probably be a skip for a while, tbh. It took me several gear upgrades before I could do them just in yellow maps.

Looking at the tree, room to save points. You're spending 6 travel nodes to pick up an 8% mana node, can respec into the three 8% mana nodes by Shaper and pick up the 10% mana node by Supreme Ego. Then you can add two jewel sockets on the tree as well.

The biggest, but budget, DPS gain you could buy is an Essence Worm to let you use Wrath. That should be first goal. If you can't afford that for a while, spec out of Supreme Ego as it's not doing anything.

For amulet, Atziri's Foible is too damn expensive but you can find a random amulet/talisman with Mind Drinker anointed for a couple chaos. Very helpful anoint for clear -- or just put it on your own amulet for about 7c.

When you can afford it, switching to Tabula Rasa + Agnerod North is a good dps gain over Amplification Rod.

This build was def not a fun league start lol.

Thanks!
"
rndt_t wrote:
So yep - atziri's foible is very needed (yes you can get some random amu with +to max mana and inc mana, but atziri have also mana regen)

I have 1 question - how do you sustain mana, currently at 5l have 1.8k mana cost, i see a lot of players using enduring mana flask so effect don't remove on full mana - is it enough ?

Anointing mind drinker to my amulet basically solved all of my mana issues (from 2% mana recovery on kill) during mapping and ultimatums.
I imagine using a cinderswallow urn would help as well, but it is out of my budget atm.

Using the gloves with the implicit 30% chance for skills to refund mana cost is also helpful I think. I can't say for sure since they were one of the first pieces of gear I got when I started mapping.
Anyone know what the brutal restraint in the non-crit pob for 3.13 is used for? Like what are you looking for on the notables?
IGN = pibDeath
"

Decided to using all my saving: buy and annoint Atziri's Foible, Agnerod, 5 links chest, Clear mind anid Essence worm and can't still get past Ultimatum in wave 4 in Tier 4 map even. Really need help here.

Take sire of shards. Have troubles with ultimatum only on ripping t15-16.

But idk, where I should take single target dps? Got 5l POH, cant kill even white 4 breachlord fight
Last edited by Nyalfy on Apr 19, 2021, 7:56:13 PM
"
Having similar experience with this build as a league starter: Ultimatum is really painful for our build; and it's a good source of chaos :(.

Ultimatum is painful as hell for sure.

For your build, take out CWDT-Immortal Call. IC triggers a short cooldown on Arcane Cloak when it pops since they are both guard skills, not worth it.

For Ultimatums specifically, link Void Sphere/Sigil of Power/Inc AOE/Inc Duration. Void Sphere is very helpful and you have links to spare in this build rn.

Spec out of Cursed Concoction, imo. To reach that node you have to spend 9 points to gain 31% inc mana. You can gain at least that much by picking up the jewel slots on your tree, especially the one by Shaper which has max mana travel nodes to reach it. If you can afford it, socket a Clear Mind in one of those jewel sockets for good dmg and regen. You could also finish up grabbing the staff block nodes you started picking up.

If you can re-socket your gear, fitting in Arcanist Brand/Wave of Conviction/Sniper's Mark is a nice boost for bosses.
do you guys link swap slow proj for gmp when mapping or item swap for sire of shards?

will slower proj and the extra BL proj helmet enchant be enough?
"
Pibacc wrote:
Anyone know what the brutal restraint in the non-crit pob for 3.13 is used for? Like what are you looking for on the notables?

Nothing on a notable, it is adding dex to every minor passive. Using it to stack dex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info