[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

So for transitioning from non-crit to crit, is it just the jewels and tree that change? From the PoBs that's the only immediately obvious difference I see. Does the rest of the gear essentially stay the same?
I believe that HFT is used to proc the Fire, Cold, and Lightning Exposure from the Archdemon Crown that he is wearing in the PoB.
Could someone have a look at my PoB and tell me how to update this build? I'm kind of stuck to be honest.

I have like 4m sirus DPS. The damage is basically "fine", I can defeat any boss in the game, I have completed full Simulacrum, Sirus AW9 deathless. But I want that big boy DPS. I want 10-15m+

Any advice appreciated!

https://pastebin.com/XuBGszT6
"
piszczel wrote:
Could someone have a look at my PoB and tell me how to update this build? I'm kind of stuck to be honest.

I have like 4m sirus DPS. The damage is basically "fine", I can defeat any boss in the game, I have completed full Simulacrum, Sirus AW9 deathless. But I want that big boy DPS. I want 10-15m+

Any advice appreciated!

https://pastebin.com/XuBGszT6

In what currency range do you want suggestions? Options are different if you got access to 10 ex or 100 ex after all for your upgrades.
A few obvious things I'm seeing though:

Quality all your gems asap, there's no excuse for running with 0 quality gems.

You must get fire dmg to spells from somewhere, your abyss jewel in the belt is a good option as a suffix. Let's you ignite on crit for Cinderswallow Urn, free 10% dps.

Personally I think you dont have enough mana regen for the build to function but that's up to you I guess you much you prioritize QoL, before even thinking about dps I would craft a new Shaper infl Stygian Vise with mana recovery rate, they are pretty easy to craft with just lucent fossil spam.

Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 5, 2021, 1:26:33 AM
"

In what currency range do you want suggestions? Options are different if you got access to 10 ex or 100 ex after all for your upgrades.
A few obvious things I'm seeing though:

Quality all your gems asap, there's no excuse for running with 0 quality gems.

You must get fire dmg to spells from somewhere, your abyss jewel in the belt is a good option as a suffix. Let's you ignite on crit for Cinderswallow Urn, free 10% dps.

Personally I think you dont have enough mana regen for the build to function but that's up to you I guess you much you prioritize QoL, before even thinking about dps I would craft a new Shaper infl Stygian Vise with mana recovery rate, they are pretty easy to craft with just lucent fossil spam.

Thanks.

I don't have much money left, so maybe 20ex for some upgrades here and there.

I'll have a look at the gems, I should get lvl 21 BL asap to be honest. Just been lazy about it.

RF can ignite, but do you mean just added fire damage to spells?

The mana regen feels fine for now (though obviously more is better), it's 675 in PoB because it adds Agnostic. If I tick "always on full life" the mana regen is 2444. What kind of number should I be aiming at?
"
piszczel wrote:

Thanks.

I don't have much money left, so maybe 20ex for some upgrades here and there.

I'll have a look at the gems, I should get lvl 21 BL asap to be honest. Just been lazy about it.

RF can ignite, but do you mean just added fire damage to spells?

The mana regen feels fine for now (though obviously more is better), it's 675 in PoB because it adds Agnostic. If I tick "always on full life" the mana regen is 2444. What kind of number should I be aiming at?

RF cannot ignite actually, it only applies burning which is not the same as ignite and will not make Cinderswallow Urn function. You want something like this abyss jewel, or anything like it as long as it gives a bit of flat fire dmg to your spells.

I have 3900 total mana regen, or 1620 in the same situation as your 675 and my amount is roughly the lowest I'm personally comfortable with, but it's somewhat up to preference I suppose. On the other hand I have way more cast speed so I'm spending more mana, but if you want to scale up your dps you will probably end up with more cast speed anyways so it's great for the future.

The reason you really want it on the belt though is simply that it's the most efficient way to get mana regen from a single item mod on your whole build pretty much, and even if you feel you have enough it's just a waste to not have it if possible since it's so powerful there.

You should also buy a 20/20 Anomalous Arcane Surge for A LOT more mana regen at no cost at all, + the gem is quite cheap.

I think your main source of dps that you can get is cast speed and crit multiplier. Your goal right now I think is to try and craft jewels with as much crit multi preferably or cast speed as you possibly can.

These would be the optimal ones (but without the synthesis implicit realistically), you can buy a jewel with one multiplier fractured on it and then use "reforge an item with crit modifiers" in harvest when you come across them to try and hit something nice, it's no joke how much dps they would give you. Even just double crit multi + life or something would be fantastic.

Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 5, 2021, 4:50:28 AM
Thanks for the help!

I had a look at those belts and while the mana regen would be a big improvement, those belts are quite expensive (30ex+) with good mods. My current belt has a lot of life, mana and damage on it so I'd have to sacrifice most of it for mana regen. Not sure that's worth it right now, as I don't really believe I could craft something better just with lucent fossils. Your belt would cost way over 100ex by the looks of it.

I'll get the anomalous arcane surge, seems like a no-brainer.

Is there a particular ilevel requirement to hit these multi mods on jewels?
"
piszczel wrote:
Thanks for the help!

I had a look at those belts and while the mana regen would be a big improvement, those belts are quite expensive (30ex+) with good mods. My current belt has a lot of life, mana and damage on it so I'd have to sacrifice most of it for mana regen. Not sure that's worth it right now, as I don't really believe I could craft something better just with lucent fossils. Your belt would cost way over 100ex by the looks of it.

I'll get the anomalous arcane surge, seems like a no-brainer.

Is there a particular ilevel requirement to hit these multi mods on jewels?

the cobalt jewels and the others have no ilvl requirements for anything so nothing to think about there. Best one to buy to try and make a triple or double multiplier jewel is one with fractured Crit Multi with Lightning Skills since it will then weight more heavily towards rolling suffixes, search below:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/JZWRl3YIl

For the belt, it is actually easier to craft than one would think.
To get a belt with T1 mana recovery rate and T2+ flat mana it's 18 lucent fossils average. onto that you can simply benchcraft life (and skip 3rd prefix since it's pretty minor minmax). For the suffixes on a shaper belt the only two caster mods that exists is 3 tiers of spell dmg and 1 tier of cast speed of equal weight so you can actually make a belt similar to mine super cheap, average price and crafting process would be this: (harvest craft prices taken from TFT)

Buy ilvl 84+ shaper belt (just in case you want resist) - 50c
18 lucent fossils avg - 1.5 ex
Need to be able to clear up 2 suffixes. let's say 2 ex worst case scenario if you need to remove 2 mods
Augment caster to get initial caster suffix and then 4 avg re/add caster for T1 spell dmg (or just 2 for T2 spell dmg) - 1ex + 4x 1.5ex
Then 1 augment caster for guaranteed t1 cast speed - 1ex
20 life/mana catalysts - 1 ex

All in all you craft the almost perfect belt for around 10-14 ex if you give up on T1 life which is very expensive. Maybe the full belt is not to be prioritized right now but think about it for later if you can solve the resistances somehow, or simply skip one of the caster suffixes for some reistance. It's really a super strong upgrade you can do quite affordably.
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 5, 2021, 6:16:08 AM
Thanks Isanion.

I have decided to craft the belt.

I bought a base for 45c. Scoured and used 4x fertile catalyst
Spammed about 22 lucent fossils and got this

t1 mana + t1 mana recovery + t3 spell damage during flask effect.

Just need to remove the two defense modifers and we're gucci
"
piszczel wrote:
Thanks Isanion.

I have decided to craft the belt.

I bought a base for 45c. Scoured and used 4x fertile catalyst
Spammed about 22 lucent fossils and got this

t1 mana + t1 mana recovery + t3 spell damage during flask effect.

Just need to remove the two defense modifers and we're gucci

Nice that's solid, you only need to remove the suffix defence mod even if you hit it first try since there wont be a 3rd prefix mod you're gonna go for anyways if you bench Life. Here you can either do a few re add casters to get a better tier before augmenting caster or simply augment on a resistance for now and be done with it.

If you're going for a resistance it could be slightly better to do Fire Resistance and then swap it to something else if needed with harvest since there's a cold and lightning shaper suffix mod you can hit.
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 5, 2021, 7:38:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info