[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

I think he was using them as a mid-tier before getting anything better. The block boots are sorta dumb imo as the extra 5% block doesn't really make a game-changing difference.

I really wanna grab a set of the new gloves to see how they work, but they would have to be pretty damn good gloves to sub off the ones I'm wearing now.

Only time I have mana issues is towards the end of a ritual and I stop killing things constantly. Otherwise I'm basically either full mana or dead
Upgraded my Ring and Belt, chars feeling super good right now. Managed to kill A8 Sirus deathless & Shaper on my first attempt - so thanks for all the help guys :) didn't think i'd ever kill these!

Managed to 6L my Sire of Shards so using this to farm with and swapping to POH when i'm bossing.

Going to level up to 98 and then buy repeated sets of Uber Elder until i've killed him as well deathless

The gloves with a chance to get mana cost back feel amazing, can literally chain cast sometimes and be full mana
I´ve chosen to play the Crit variance
i did every content the game has to offer with ease. Everything is instant phased/death.

i dont have much left to upgrade.. could try to influence some of the new gloves and get Culling + Unnerve on it, aswell as maybe some tailwind boots.. but thats just overkill and not needed. :D

The only weakness i saw on the build is 100% delirium maps, theyre pretty slow and squishy on our HP pool.
Bought an HH just to test it on Delirium maps, this could get the problem solved. ^^

so my rating would be:

10/10 Boss killer.
7/10 Mapper.
Last edited by ExtasYPwN4Ge on Feb 12, 2021, 12:48:50 PM
How much does this (Crit-version) expect to cost to make?

New for this league and not sure what to make.
your build seemed very interesting but im afraid its gonna be more then 2 exalt overall...

and i always been quite unlucky with currency.
Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
- The blindest are those who think they above others and tries to control it.

Finally finished and divined my dream jewels! Spent days farming harvest divines for them haha.

Never expected Archmage BL to have this insane minmax potential with how cheap it is to get going too.

24m PoB sheet dps with 2.95m avg hit at 8.16 cast speed without RF and not much set up for 260-290m optimal dps now.
Last edited by Mbuh on Feb 12, 2021, 4:30:03 PM
@isanion: you are just a terrible person aren't you...:)

I really really like this build, it feels nice to play, it does crazy damage, it can tackle all content

BUT:

I have gotten so used to summoners and aura stacking in previous leagues that I very much prefer tanky builds on top of all else. Sadly, I die plenty in this build especially if I lose focus for a few seconds and miss a flask or miss a cast it spells instant death in endgame content.

I'll probably continue to play this one for a bit longer but I most likely will be switching to a classic full block gladiator build soon.

God I miss my afk golemancers...
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 12, 2021, 5:43:31 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
@isanion: you are just a terrible person aren't you...:)

I really really like this build, it feels nice to play, it does crazy damage, it can tackle all content

BUT:

I have gotten so used to summoners and aura stacking in previous leagues that I very much prefer tanky builds on top of all else. Sadly, I die plenty in this build especially if I lose focus for a few seconds and miss a flask or miss a cast it spells instant death in endgame content.

I'll probably continue to play this one for a bit longer but I most likely will be switching to a classic full block gladiator build soon.

God I miss my afk golemancers...

I've found that while yes, the build is somewhat soft, it is very good at effective survivability. Of the builds able to tackle 100% delirium maps that I've played this is the one that has felt the safest to me with the least amount of deaths overall even if you do die sometimes.

But some stuff you can do is going for a 10% MoM Watcher's Eye instead, using a Rumi's Concoction (i swap out my quicksilver flask for it for end game content) as well as drop Healthy Mind, I've found myself preferring the life rather than taking Healthy Mind just to be able to survive end game content better. You'll drop a bit in damage of course so would need to have the gear at a level where you can actually do so and still have enough dps of course.
Last edited by Mbuh on Feb 12, 2021, 5:55:38 PM
Few questions? Ive got Pledge,defiance, atziri and bottle of faith.

What should Be my next upgrade (25ex+-)? Thanks.
@isanion:

yea I know, I have done all that and while I die it is infrequently. Before I can start experimenting with permanently losing a little bit of mana in favor of more life I need to get to lvl 97 ish and get better jewels like yours.

Your jewels alone basically make you do twice as much damage as I do. I've been mostly focused on atlas and watchstone completion and less on actual farming just yet. (no awakened gems either).

I am also a very impatient player, I tend to play like 5-10 builds per league and I've been playing this one since the beginning soooo its about that time to move on anyway lol.
Hey all:

Selling all my gear atm if anyone is interested (currently at market value). Full Build (slight) discount = 90 ex
**does not include gems

PM me ingame for all or individual items! blzxz
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 13, 2021, 10:30:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info