[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

Hi there,

First of all, thank you for the build, this is the most fun i've ever had in PoE, actually being able to kill bosses and packs instantly is so fun! And first time being as high as Level 96. First time being able to do deathless A5 and hoping to do A8 deathless within the next few days! And really want to push for the bosses like Shaper/Uber Elder this league.

Please can you take a look at my Path of Building, any ideas what to focus on now? Can i make any big damage improvements, my POB seems to be considerably lower than the example one. If i trade up my currency i probably have around 20ex, probably more to spend.

I'm also not too sure on my gem setups and if they're optimal? I feel like my Sniper Mark doesn't really do anything and i removed blade blast because i never saw it go off

I think i need to focus on getting a much better ring with conductivity still, a stygian belt and a decent abyss jewels - anything else i can do? And are those the largest DPS gains for me please?

(Note: How do i calculate true end game damage please? If i copy my char and skills to existing POB the damage is so low)

Thanks

https://pastebin.com/dgdAJuLr
@keora: here is your pob with the correct buffs ticked off

https://pastebin.com/76Zw1XTP

For true dps in a PERFECT setting (which rarely happens), you can kind of roughly multiply that by 7 (no slower projectiles, 27 aoe, *see BL mechanics in OP). Your total single target dps is about 16 million. If you switch out GMP with Slower Projectiles for bosses that jumps up to 4.2 million x 10.

In my opinion (may not be accurate), you can safely estimate your true dps by just subtracting 1 strike from the maximum. So for example if the enemy was positioned perfectly your dps might be x7, I would estimate true damage at x6 instead. That's very rough but gives a general idea.
"
Keora wrote:

Please can you take a look at my Path of Building, any ideas what to focus on now? Can i make any big damage improvements, my POB seems to be considerably lower than the example one. If i trade up my currency i probably have around 20ex, probably more to spend.

https://pastebin.com/dgdAJuLr

1. Change your amulet anointment to Whisper of Doom to utilize both of your curses. Although this is only necessary for bosses. You may get a separate Foible to do amulet-swap.
2. Add Blade Blast to your CWDT or Arcanist Brand setup. Easy 10% increased damage taken.
3. If you want to add an abyssal jewel to your build, remember to get one with added fire damage to spells. Thus you can ignite easily and utilize Cinderswallow Urn buff.
4. Use awakened support gems.

This is basically the damage-ceiling of the non-crit version. Switch to the crit version if you want more DPS.
Hi i want ask about some tips vs uber atziri
"
Ke1maker wrote:
Hi i want ask about some tips vs uber atziri

It is simple: switch Essence Worm to Sibyl's Lament (in the left slot!), then pick up the Yugul pantheon. Now you take no reflected damage and Atziri is just a small piece of cake. This trick also works for elemental reflect maps.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Feb 10, 2021, 8:52:57 AM
"
Keora wrote:

I'm also not too sure on my gem setups and if they're optimal? I feel like my Sniper Mark doesn't really do anything and i removed blade blast because i never saw it go off

I thought that was just my eyes deceiving me. I never saw it go off either. Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly but I only ever see WOC go off maybe once or twice per map.

Is there any way you can make WOC proc more often ?

I'm Left of Right and far Right of Left.
blade blast for sure gets cast. You can see it cast if you put it in your toolbar, it just sometimes gets lost in the mix of all the other fx going on with your cwdt.

Snipers mark for BL does NOT split the BL since the ball projectile does not "hit" enemies. You will only see it if you look real close at the rare/unique that its cast on but there are other curses and things at play too that might cover it up.

Wave of conviction linked with a lvl 1 cwdt goes off pretty regularly for me as do the curses and blade blast also attached.
Cheers guys appreciate the help, will make the amendments and may go crit at a later stage. Do you think with a small increase in my DPS i'd be able to have the damage for Uber Elder if I learnt the fight?

I've also realised that Blade Blast is not Blade Fall which would explain why i didn't have green arrows raining down from the sky lol

Cheers again
keora i would say your dps right now is more than enough to melt uber elder. As you said the problem is not damage, but mechanics
Hi, amazing build i haven't played such a fun build since archmage stormbrand in delirium. Would u guys have tips for improvement for my build:

https://pastebin.com/Ty5ijQAj

i saw the maker of the build using the new block boots from the rituals is this a good equipment upgrade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info