[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

Hiero or Ascendant?

Would appreciate your input!
I haven't noticed blade blast not proccing, maybe its just getting covered up in the other animations going on?

I'm actually pretty surprised with how consistent cold snap is for generating frenzy charges

Damage comes as you pump up that mana! Last you wrote you said your mana was like 4k or something. I'm sitting at more than 11k with PoH. More mana = more arcane cloak effect = more survivability and damage. More mana also = more multipliers from Archmage. Check back in on the OP PoB, since you deviated a little to take less desirable nodes like lightning damage and spell damage/resists. Although those may be temporary if you don't have capped resists.

And of course, the much more expensive crit version pumps out a shit ton more damage than the noncrit version but noncrit EO should still be plenty to clear everything once you get up around 8k and more mana
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 7, 2021, 7:05:32 PM
Interesting test btw: Going Inquisitor Crit and taking Sanctuary - Pious Path - Righteous Providence - Augury of Penitence offers about 12.5% more damage at the trade off of a little AoE and a decent chunk of mana regen but still quite a lot of mana regen.

Not too much difference on paper it seems but a huge boost in damage. Although I didn't calculate how much the AoE loss actually effects our true dps. But given that we are rarely in the perfect AoE positioning to begin with perhaps this is an experimentally better choice for pushing dps?

**Can't take Inevitable Judgment because the first line kills our dps by getting rid of all elemental pierce.
"
Netaxo wrote:
Hiero or Ascendant?

Would appreciate your input!

If you go for ascendant you can go as Hierophant or Inquisitor and permanent flask from Pathfinder so you can technically get ur mana full all the time.
But you need to press the mana flask button constantly which to me is not ''smooth'' gameplay at all, not to mention Scion has weaker version of ascendancy. However Scion has more passive points and she can start in any direction of the starter area in the passive map, so I cant say which is better than which, it's really up to you.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Interesting test btw: Going Inquisitor Crit and taking Sanctuary - Pious Path - Righteous Providence - Augury of Penitence offers about 12.5% more damage at the trade off of a little AoE and a decent chunk of mana regen but still quite a lot of mana regen.

Not too much difference on paper it seems but a huge boost in damage. Although I didn't calculate how much the AoE loss actually effects our true dps. But given that we are rarely in the perfect AoE positioning to begin with perhaps this is an experimentally better choice for pushing dps?

**Can't take Inevitable Judgment because the first line kills our dps by getting rid of all elemental pierce.

Before the Inquisitor rework it is pretty stonk (1.9 seconds Sirus kill), but now it is meh...
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
I haven't noticed blade blast not proccing, maybe its just getting covered up in the other animations going on?

I'm actually pretty surprised with how consistent cold snap is for generating frenzy charges

Damage comes as you pump up that mana! Last you wrote you said your mana was like 4k or something. I'm sitting at more than 11k with PoH. More mana = more arcane cloak effect = more survivability and damage. More mana also = more multipliers from Archmage. Check back in on the OP PoB, since you deviated a little to take less desirable nodes like lightning damage and spell damage/resists. Although those may be temporary if you don't have capped resists.

And of course, the much more expensive crit version pumps out a shit ton more damage than the noncrit version but noncrit EO should still be plenty to clear everything once you get up around 8k and more mana

Sorry I only now just realised the lower part of this may have been directed at me.

Yeah my mana pool is only at 5.2k right now. I think I've hit a wall for how much mana I can get from my gear. Hopefully the remaining passives will get me over 8k.

But yeah the diversion I took into resists and lightning are likely temporary. I took Crackling Speed back before I figured out that I need the double echo. Though I would add that the extra cast speed is really nice.

I'm Left of Right and far Right of Left.
Wich node do you take to get some crit for Elemental overlord ? I dont see any on the POB.

edit: just realized that I will get 4 minimum power charges from the acendency.
Last edited by Devok20 on Feb 8, 2021, 8:02:11 AM
"
Devok20 wrote:
Wich node do you take to get some crit for Elemental overlord ? I dont see any on the POB.

edit: just realized that I will get 4 minimum power charges from the acendency.

I just figured that out too.

I was at 1.8% crit before taking the passive, but now it's at 15%. And here I was worrying about how I would proc Ele overload lol.

Well I just completed my first map without dying lol. I am either really bad at naturally evading stuff or my mana pool isn't large enough to sustain me.

I think it's because I am used to playing Attack builds where you just face-tank and leech massive amounts of life. This playstyle is very hard to adapt to.

Hello everyone. Im trying to level a templar for this build atm and almost finished with the acts. I got 30ex budget to play and i was thinking about going crit not EO. Does 30 ex budget fine for crit and if so is there any good POB for crit build? I was looking to poe.ninja but seems like everyone goes for different passive trees and gems. Any recommendation what should i do? Thanks for the answers
Last edited by Phosph on Feb 8, 2021, 11:34:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info