[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

That is a lot, so PoH is better in every way, other than longer lock down.
"
vladimars wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:
Looks again like we need to confirm this, then.

Mark_GGG says BL travel time is 36 units per second here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960086/page/14#p8249654

Also, when you did your 13 hits test, if you still have that char setup like that, you could simply re-run the test without slower proj and with 36 AoE and see if you can still hit 13 poison stacks. If so, then we have our answer.

That quote is from 2014. both radius and travel speed has increased since then.

Now deals 2-35 lightning damage at gem level 1 (up from 2-32), up to 22-420 lightning damage at gem level 20 (up from 14-260). Now has an added damage effectiveness of 35% (up from 20%).
The projectile's base speed is now 33% faster. The projectile hits 33% more frequently to compensate. The base radius has increased by 10%.
Disabled the "Reduced Ball Lightning Projectile Speed" enchantment from appearing.
Ball Lightning no longer has a 10% damage boost against players.
Ah okay, well that's good to know then.

I guess slower proj and 33 AoE radius is pretty much the bare minimum needed to get the first BL + unleashed BL's to each reach 13 hits.

Well, that makes things easier then. Slower Proj is 100% an absolute must for this build, no matter what.

Unless you can hit about 47 AoE radius, but that's essentially impossible unless you want to blow about 30 passives or take up a gem slot with increased AoE support just to achieve it, which is dumb.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Jun 28, 2020, 1:40:24 PM
"
Socaro wrote:

With the cast speed buff in 3.11, lockdown is not a serious issue anymore. With normal gears, one can push cast time to around 0.2s and a whole cast only takes less than 1 second.
Also, the 150% mana multiplier from great spell echo is a huge dps boost itself. More mana cost = more damage.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Jun 28, 2020, 1:41:22 PM
"
"
Socaro wrote:

With the cast speed buff in 3.11, lockdown is not a serious issue anymore. With normal gears, one can push cast time to around 0.2s and a whole cast only takes less than 1 second.
Also, the 150% mana multiplier from great spell echo is a huge dps boost itself. More mana cost = more damage.
Hmm, I'm at 4.57 cast rate and it still take around 2 seconds for my echo animations to finish.

What's your cast rate at to get it down to 1s, and how are you getting that?

Edit: Actually, PoB does say my cast rate is 0.22s, and I just tested and you're right. It's down to nearly 1 second.

My unleash seals are at .60 regen and I can move as soon as they hit 2 seals.

Good stuff!
Last edited by SkylerOG on Jun 28, 2020, 1:51:45 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
"
Socaro wrote:

Hmm, I'm at 4.57 cast rate and it still take around 2 seconds for my echo animations to finish.

What's your cast rate at to get it down to 1s, and how are you getting that?

You just need to record and analyze with a video editor lol. If you hold moving button during re-casting, once your cast is over you can immediately move and cancel the finalizing animation.
"
dsBraver wrote:
Great build, and I'm having a lot of fun with it as my second build in harvest. The civil and high-level mechanics discussion here is also really interesting, and thank you to you both from the rest of the community here.

I'm still short a few fuses to link my staff, but in the meantime, I wanted to pass on some budget tips to people just starting out:

- I've comfortably leveled from 36 and cleared high yellow maps on just an amplification rod for a weapon and 3-link BL. If you're broke, try this 1c option (reverb rod + prophecy) that also gets you a fated item upgrade for your challenge.

- If you don't have clarity watchers, and they're expensive, don't run clarity. Run Clear Mind instead. It's a cheap jewel with mana regen and an ton of spell damage. While leveling, Survival Secrets is handy with its 3 base mana regen and ele damage.

- Anoint Mind Drinker - Teal/Teal/Verdant. It's very cheap, and provides great mana/mana regen on a budge while mapping.

- Remember your support skills give a ton of mana regen. Having sustain issues? Watch your uptime on arcane surge (Dynamo is really important here), make sure you're hitting cursed enemies (Cursed Concoction cluster), etc.

- Check out OP's character in harvest. He's still working into his 3.11 build, and seeing what he's doing show's a slightly different gem arrangement and some innovative ideas for people still gearing/leveling, like taking Battle Rouse.

Thanks again Aniki for such a fun build.

Thanks for your suggestions! Just quoted them in the leveling section :D
You're quite welcome, thank you for the build!

Of note, for the lockdown issue, blink movement skills bypass the lockdown. If you're worried about dodging during the animation, run frostblink or dash instead of flame dash, and you'll have no problems!

"
dsBraver wrote:
You're quite welcome, thank you for the build!

Of note, for the lockdown issue, blink movement skills bypass the lockdown. If you're worried about dodging during the animation, run frostblink or dash instead of flame dash, and you'll have no problems!

Just tested, dash doesn't work until animation ends. Frostblink works, but it feels slow with 1 charge.
When you can eventually get your cast rate over 4/s, the lockdown is maybe 1.5 seconds or less, which is nothing to fret over.

I wouldn't switch from flame dash.

By the way, for those who only play on Standard server, like me, here is my updated PoB:

https://pastebin.com/Ms755jr0

Around 11,600 consistent EHP, and around 16,000 EHP with arcane cloak up.
About 70M damage per cast, or around 35M DPS.

But really, because of the burst-move-burst-move playstyle, it's easier to just say "per cast", because you need to wait for unleash seals to regenerate inbetween casts to get max damage. And 4 seals takes about 2 seconds, and your casting bursts are about 1.5 seconds. So it works out quite nicely with the burst-move playstyle.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Jun 29, 2020, 10:58:01 AM
Thoughts on -

Transcendent mind? 24% increased mana recovery rate.
Glancing blows?
spell totem attached to storm brand if you're running a 6link for those juicy power charges/endurance charges?
Ivory Tower low life variant?

Also how on earth do you justify essence worm or skyforths? I can barely get enough res as it is.

I'm enjoying the hell out of the build so far. Ran a t11 just to ensure I get red zana tomorrow and instagibbed the boss. I need to work out a better way of implementing cast speed, that lock down is just way too much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info