[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:
Thoughts on -

Transcendent mind? 24% increased mana recovery rate.
Glancing blows?
spell totem attached to storm brand if you're running a 6link for those juicy power charges/endurance charges?
Ivory Tower low life variant?

Also how on earth do you justify essence worm or skyforths? I can barely get enough res as it is.

I'm enjoying the hell out of the build so far. Ran a t11 just to ensure I get red zana tomorrow and instagibbed the boss. I need to work out a better way of implementing cast speed, that lock down is just way too much.

Resists are possible, but rough. Wrath is a large source of more damage, especially with a watcher's eye. You can drop it, picking up a cerulean ring with nice mana and life rolls for some survivability, it will cost a chunk of dps tho. Personally, i'm dropping skyforths this league. Two tone boots with life/mana/ms/1-2 resists/ and an open spot for dexterity craft (saving 1 to 2 passive points) cost me 70c. Then life regen is useful for you to help counter RF. It is a loss of some damage, but not a ton.

For power charges, consider trying to get a holy flame totem somwhere in your links. General clear won't use it, but before bosses just spam cast it until you get your charges ... plus consecrated ground isn't the worse thing to spawn below yourself or the boss.

Edit: Just realized blade blast unnerves enemies hit for 4 seconds. This might be worth slotting into a cwdt link if you can afford it. Not useful for map clear, but should be good to add 10% increased damage taken to bosses.

What pantheon bonuses are you guys using?
Last edited by vladimars on Jun 29, 2020, 1:08:01 PM
Just checked your character ANIKI, i see that you are using Clear Mind.

Wouldn't the mana reserved from Clarity nullify the "increased spell while no mana is reserved" affix?

Thanks for the time!
"
Revenant12 wrote:
Just checked your character ANIKI, i see that you are using Clear Mind.

Wouldn't the mana reserved from Clarity nullify the "increased spell while no mana is reserved" affix?

Thanks for the time!

he doesn't have the clarity watcher's eye yet. so you don't use clarity until you get it.
Hey guys i just made this build yesterday and i got some questions
1.what gems should i use for bossing and mapping ? ppl are using so many different gems and i don't know which to pick
2.how do i activate elemental overload ? i don't do any cirt
also this is my gear :
Spoiler

Thank you all
Hi friend! Loving your build so far :) Reached to t12 maps now.

Question however: Now that you are going for Agnostic is Crown of the Inward eye then still BIS?
Crown of the Inward eye is still great. it has more life then any rare helmet can give, and gives increased mana. and is affordable.

Gems are BL-archmage-spell echo-controlled destruction-elemental focus- then greater multiple projectiles for mapping and slower projectiles for bossing.

You proc Elemental overload through the crits from your storm brand.

i'm playing around with unleash right now (instead of controlled destruction) but it's not what the OP suggests. I'll update in a day or two and try to develop a comparison. My intuition says they are close tho.
Are all the POBs included for 3.11? :)
If we allocate mind drinker, (2% of mana gained on kill) can we drop the curse wheel? It's about 1.5% more damage per skill point and a bit of max mana and mana regeneration. there are quite a few spots on the tree where we can get 2.2% or more,. or get some extra block and good damage from the staff cluster north of witch. Divine judgment and ash,frost, and storm are great damage per point, along with the curse effect cluster too.
Last edited by vladimars on Jun 29, 2020, 10:02:01 PM
"
vladimars wrote:
If we allocate mind drinker, (2% of mana gained on kill) can we drop the curse wheel? It's about 1.5% more damage per skill point and a bit of max mana and mana regeneration. there are quite a few spots on the tree where we can get 2.2% or more,. or get some extra block and good damage from the staff cluster north of witch. Divine judgment and ash,frost, and storm are great damage per point, along with the curse effect cluster too.

Right now I am not at min-max stage and I do not have so much time playing PoB XD. You are welcome to share your min-max experience with the community!
"
gabscene wrote:
Are all the POBs included for 3.11? :)

PoB section is updated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info