[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

Hey! Im using this helmet
and these gloves
Would you guys recommend another type of influence mods that work well with Ball Lightning? Thanks in advance! /Gabbi
Last edited by gabriella88 on May 9, 2021, 3:00:24 PM
I'm super blind because I can't find acctualy (3.14) PoB link..
I currently have lvl95 FP Totem and planning to swap to this build. How strong is this build for 20ex budget? What kind of playstyle I need to know? Do I need to keep Arcane Cloak buff at all time? I heard PoH will lock you, so it is safe in ultimatum? I think I can only afford 1 weapon only.
"
velaxi1 wrote:
I currently have lvl95 FP Totem and planning to swap to this build. How strong is this build for 20ex budget? What kind of playstyle I need to know? Do I need to keep Arcane Cloak buff at all time? I heard PoH will lock you, so it is safe in ultimatum? I think I can only afford 1 weapon only.

I think you'll do fine with 20ex, 6L PoH is 6ex, 100c for 5L cloak, maybe 1ex for skyforth and you still have about 12ex to get basic resist gear with life and mana.

Definitely more active than totems because you need to aim for PoH. Just use arcane cloak on your movement button and that should be sufficient. I've done T19 ultimatums with PoH+GMP for clear and only ever died to the occassional random one-shots. I normally just stand still and spam unless the map has rippy mods or proximity rares spawn.

Go non-crit for now with your budget. Its sufficient for all bosses including maven.
"
velaxi1 wrote:

Take a look at my stuff. I've invested 20ex more or less on my character from weapons to gems. Feels pretty powerful since the PoH set up melts bosses. For Ultimatum, Sire of Shards feel pretty great since you don't really have to aim, all you have to do is cast, activate flasks and run (I toss in some Voidsphere occasionally).

For your worry about being locked in place, if you use Sire of Shards on Ultimatum then you cast your BL pretty quickly. For bosses with PoH, this locks you for a longer time but if you read them well enough this shouldn't be a problem.

Also, Breathstealer is a personal preference of mine and it cost me 3ex. I recon a good rolled nexus gloves will probably cost the same amount. So it's more of a question of which of mind drinker or the 30% chance mana recoup do you like better. Also, it's just my personal observation but I've seen some of the Ultimatum mobs go for the spores instead of me so that's less heat on my butt :D
Last edited by Migski on May 10, 2021, 5:17:27 AM
Why u use Brutal Restraint?
"
BurakkuDragon wrote:
Why u use Brutal Restraint?

To cover for all the dex requirements the build needs. But if you have other sources of dex then feel free to use something else. Some have put inspired learning in there and took Enigmatic Defense as their 4th notable to activate the jewel.
Hi guys, noob question sorry :P

How do you gain frenzy charges ? With CWDT - Cold snap ?

thanks!
"
RaulNG wrote:
Hi guys, noob question sorry :P

How do you gain frenzy charges ? With CWDT - Cold snap ?

thanks!

Yes, you only get frenzy charges when you get hit.
Last edited by PrinceOfPower on May 12, 2021, 1:04:50 AM
So what do you want with your brutal restraint? I cant find it in the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info