[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

I could really use some help with min maxing the end of the build. I have about 30 ex to invest and wondering if i should transition to the crit version?

I also imported my stuff into pob and my damage in pob is way lower than the pob in the guide. Wondering if I have a piece missing somewhere.

Can any experts of the build please take a minute and help me out?

My items: https://pastebin.com/tvhwck1Z

Thanks
Can't we anoint whisper of doom to our glove (breathstealer)? so we can have mind drinker + whisper of doom
"
Devant wrote:
I could really use some help with min maxing the end of the build. I have about 30 ex to invest and wondering if i should transition to the crit version?

I also imported my stuff into pob and my damage in pob is way lower than the pob in the guide. Wondering if I have a piece missing somewhere.

Thanks

Why are you using a life flask instead of a mana one? :))
Also you should get the cluster jewel space near Minion Instability instead the one you took. You are saving 5 points this way.
"
latterus14 wrote:
Is this build normally leveled with the archmage support gem or not used until later? Should I just use the Reverb/amp rod or use a +1 tabby and throw in a random +2 lightning staff for gem levels? feels like it runs out of mana very fast but I dont know if I understand the playstyle exactly around level 38

Yes, leveled with archmage for the huge damage boost and you just kind of deal with the mana issue (mana potions all day). It is also helpful to anoint Mind Drinker as soon as you can, it's relatively cheap at this point oil-wise or you can buy some random amulet that already has it anointed.

"
Sunuvabiech wrote:
Can't we anoint whisper of doom to our glove (breathstealer)? so we can have mind drinker + whisper of doom

Yes, definitely do that if using Breathstealer. Most are using the Ritual base gloves for the GG mana implicit.

"
Devant wrote:

Thanks

Good number of spots you can gain DPS in, especially in your skill tree. You are pathing way far away for your cluster jewel spot when you have a free one right next to Minion Instability. Also, replace your small cluster 'Openness' node for 'Scintillating Idea'.

With the freed up passive points you can allocate into Precision for move speed, cast speed, and +20 dex to free up dex from your gear.

Looks like you're underestimating jewel sockets -- you should absolutely allocate your other large cluster socket, as well as the socket by Mystic Bulwark which allows you to use Healthy Mind. Tossing Healthy Mind in there added 207k DPS just by itself.

With your other newly added jewel socket, go buy a Watcher's Eye with Lightning Penetration while affected by Wrath for another 193k DPS.

Drop your phasing flask -- you have phasing on kill already -- and add Atziri's Promise for +134k DPS on use.

Another opportunity is +max mana on your rares, don't skip it. All of your rares should have +max mana ideally, although that can be tough on an enchanted helm and the conductivity ring. But it's worth it -- +50 max mana on one piece of gear is 65k DPS just by itself. At minimum, get a new belt with max mana as that's cheap. Try to get it everywhere else also.

I recommend against a Conductivity ring personally, you end up accepting a poorly-rolled ring in search of the curse on hit which isn't that strong. That conductivity ring is worth all of 1.5% DPS and is eating your amulet anointment. I replaced your conductivity ring with an opal ring I bought for 1.5ex and it is a 201k DPS increase that also allows you to anoint Mind Drinker for smoother clear and 54k additional DPS.

Holy cow, level and quality your gems! Sniper's Mark at 20/20 instead of 4/0 is a 250k DPS difference.

Here is the POB with the changes I described -- https://pastebin.com/2wwLnRb3 . This takes you from 1.1m DPS to 2m DPS. New items:

Non-conductivity ring
Healthy Mind jewel
Watcher's Eye with lightning pen
Atziri's Promise flask
Scintillating Idea small cluster jewel

This leaves you plenty of room to still improve the remaining rares. Good luck!
Last edited by Spattergroit on May 6, 2021, 1:12:24 PM
idk but my damage seems low compared to the guide or other chars..

anyone who can take a look? https://pastebin.com/H7MGcvrh
Hello.

I have some noob questions, I dont know if i'm reading the guide wrong, but anyway:

1 - We use a staff for boss and another one for mapping? Did people change with the 'x' button in the keyboard?

2 - the implicit on the gloves that reduces 30% of maximum mana: this isn't too bad for the build since more mana means more damage in this build?

Thanks in advance.
"
Sunuvabiech wrote:
idk but my damage seems low compared to the guide or other chars..

anyone who can take a look? https://pastebin.com/H7MGcvrh

Drop Disciple of the Forbidden, that's for the crit version of the build. Use those points to pick up Divine Judgement and Precision and allocate your large cluster's other jewel socket when you level up. Also pick up the jewel socket across from the Shaper node.

It's worth trying to pick up dex on your gear instead of using Brutal Restraint. If you can socket Healthy Mind in that slot its +13% DPS.

Switching to a lightning pen Watcher's Eye instead of a lightning damage eye would be +5.5% DPS for 2-3ex. Scintillating Idea instead of Openness on the small cluster would be a slight upgrade.

Kudos for using entirely 20/23 gems, don't see that every day.

"
Craios wrote:
Hello.

I have some noob questions, I dont know if i'm reading the guide wrong, but anyway:

1 - We use a staff for boss and another one for mapping? Did people change with the 'x' button in the keyboard?

2 - the implicit on the gloves that reduces 30% of maximum mana: this isn't too bad for the build since more mana means more damage in this build?

Thanks in advance.

Correct for the first point, Pledge of Hands for Bossing and Sire of Shards for clear, switch with X to make it easy. Alternatively you can clear with Pledge of Hands and just swap in Greater Multiple Projectile Support instead of Slower Projectile Support -- IMO it works just as well.

The mana reduction implicit is a negative, but it is worth it for the mana recovery and overall is not that bad due to all of our mana stacking. Compared to next-best gloves without that implicit for me, the mana recovery gloves only cost me 5% DPS and 483 mana, out of an 11.2k mana pool. Worth it all day.
Last edited by Spattergroit on May 6, 2021, 2:45:05 PM
Hey! I need help to min max the build! Here's my gear
What should i change or what should i include? Thanks in advance /Gabbi
Well my plan for when starting this league is pick a solid build to do all content then switch to a more solid build within the same Ascendency. So far the build is overperformed, destroying all contents in game (so far the most relaxing A8 killer I've ever played)

For anyone has trouble with Ultimatums, phasing on kills abyss jewel helps a lot. Disorienting display is a good choice. Skyforth is also amazing as you can use Soul of Lunaris instead of Brine king
"
Spattergroit wrote:

Healthy Mind jewel

You mean clear mind jewel right? :P
"
Spattergroit wrote:

Drop Disciple of the Forbidden, that's for the crit version of the build. Use those points to pick up Divine Judgement and Precision and allocate your large cluster's other jewel socket when you level up.

Disciple of the Forbidden gives 40% damage along with 40% mana regen along with the crit stuff it provides but needs instability to get your power charge to 5. So not totally useless but yeah Divine Judgement + Precision gives alot more benefits for the non-crit version. Thanks for this tip!

Also I'm using Breathstealer right now and so far it's been fantastic in Ultimatum. It works the same way in Ritual in that it lures some of the monsters to attack the spores and give you some breathing room but majority of the mobs are still going to chase your butt. The buffs are also very nice with how much rares you kill in Ultimatum.

Can I ask though which is better overall for mana sustain: mind drinker or the mana recoup of nexus gloves?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info