[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

All uniques in place (except for jewels).... I feel reeeeally squishy and my damage is lacking as well... what am I missing?
"
Ravensfang wrote:

All uniques in place (except for jewels).... I feel reeeeally squishy and my damage is lacking as well... what am I missing?

I think a Rumi's Concoction will help. For damage, just stick with PoH and swap gem for now rather than use Sire of Shards.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Apr 27, 2021, 5:29:58 AM
best enchant for helmet ? i grabbed a hubris with additional bL projectile , but is it good also in single target ?
CULO POWA
What kind of cluster jewel am I looking for?

I think I want this:

Scintilating Idea

then two of these, but not sure which?

Disorienting Display
Thunderstruck
Stormdrinker
Inspired Oppression
Overshock

Any ideas? The knockback on thunderstruck seems like it might be cool.
where is the pob?

Pretty cool build, Sirus AW8 got fucked up ez pz on a 5 link. Map clear with Pledge is kind of janky tho, maybe if i could get like additional ~20% cast speed it would be much better.

For anyone starting this build: Nexus gloves are a must, they will instantly fix all your mana problems.
"
Ravensfang wrote:

Unallocate "Dreamer" and "Mana Regeneration and Reduced Mana Costs", the reduction in mana cost is antithetical to archmage and is hurting your DPS overall. You might want to pick up Purity of Flesh for extra HP.

Use Pledge of Hands instead of Sire of Shards -- POH with GMP socketed clears beautifully in my experience. A pledge of hands would be a 2.6x multiplier to your current damage, even if nothing else changed. 6-link POH when you can for a huge (~+75%) damage boost.

Remove CWDT-IC from your setup, Immortal Call and Arcane Cloak are both 'Guard' skills and IC will activate the cooldown for Arcane Cloak when used, which we don't want. A strong CWDT setup is CWDT-Blade Blast-Cold Snap.

I'm not sure if it's just a leveling socket, but Arcanist Brand in your gear is currently not doing anything.

For survivability, empowering Void Sphere with Inc AOE - Inc Duration is very helpful in Ultimatums. Your fourth link there can be Sigil of Power as it also benefits from those supports.

Replacing your belt with a Stygian Vise is worth a look, the abyss jewel can get % chance to proc phasing on kill which helps with mobility.

Back on the tree, I think "Disciple of the Forbidden" and all of its travel nodes can be better spent, as you're not running the crit version. Instead, pick up additional jewel sockets and buy rare jewels with these three mods: %inc max mana, %inc lightning damage, %inc projectile damage. Also replace your other rare jewel with one of these. They are not very expensive.

Good luck with the upgrades. Once the build is up and running it's worth it.
Hi is thet same pob in ultimatum ? or any changed?
My damage for the league is pretty okay but hell i feel like i get stomped on by the ultimatum in high tier maps and sometimes even lower pretty easliy. Anyone have any ideas where i should improve next? i was thinking an unnatural instinct but ill take recomendations
"
Parthieon wrote:
My damage for the league is pretty okay but hell i feel like i get stomped on by the ultimatum in high tier maps and sometimes even lower pretty easliy. Anyone have any ideas where i should improve next? i was thinking an unnatural instinct but ill take recomendations

6-link your Pledge of Hands should be top of list. If you just buy it outright it's 2ex more than Unnatural Instinct and will be a waaaay bigger damage gain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info