[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

At 2.8k hp and and 7.7k mana, any idea what I should upgrade next? Have about 7 ex to play with.
"
Matt0214 wrote:

At 2.8k hp and and 7.7k mana, any idea what I should upgrade next? Have about 7 ex to play with.

Grab another jewel socket and get a Watcher's Eye, lightning penetration with wrath at that budget.
"
Spattergroit wrote:
"
Matt0214 wrote:

Grab another jewel socket and get a Watcher's Eye, lightning penetration with wrath at that budget.

You think it's worth switching to the crit version as well? Or should I wait until the 90's for more points?
How does this work in Ultimatums? This is a largely immobile build so I imagine it would get jumped.
"
devvnull42 wrote:
How does this work in Ultimatums? This is a largely immobile build so I imagine it would get jumped.

I've been doing fine in t14-t16 ultimatums with a few tweaks. Damage is high enough to clear most of the waves in 1-2 casts, so they don't get actually get that close.

My playstyle is mostly hit and run in ultimatums, but for stone circles I'm able to just stand there and cast usually until the circle is done (unless something like miasma is near, in which case I hit and run)
Last edited by xkl_xh on Apr 25, 2021, 11:52:43 PM
"
Matt0214 wrote:
"
Spattergroit wrote:
"
Matt0214 wrote:

You think it's worth switching to the crit version as well? Or should I wait until the 90's for more points?

point is that non crit is very fine in t14-t16
i have no issues with damage agains anything (ultimatums or bosses, also for ultimatums i'm using gmp)

you deffinetly want more mana like 10k++
devirgent ball lightning - good damage boost
anomalous arcane surge - it's realy big for mana sustain
cinderswallow urne

for more damage against bosses simply use righteous fire
"
xkl_xh wrote:
2.5k hp seems a bit low IMO. makes you susceptible to one shots (but if it's not one shots killing you, I wouldn't worry about it)

Someone previously mentioned this, but Inspired Learning helps a lot in ultimatums. I get ~15-20 mods from it by the time I'm at the 4th or 5th trial, which is where I usually start getting hit hard.

Thanks for ur advice! Bought inspired learning and ultimatum is much btr even though i still hate stand in circle.

Is there any reason you aren’t got crit version ?
Last edited by Cronggz on Apr 26, 2021, 12:19:11 AM
"
Cronggz wrote:
"
xkl_xh wrote:
2.5k hp seems a bit low IMO. makes you susceptible to one shots (but if it's not one shots killing you, I wouldn't worry about it)

Someone previously mentioned this, but Inspired Learning helps a lot in ultimatums. I get ~15-20 mods from it by the time I'm at the 4th or 5th trial, which is where I usually start getting hit hard.

Thanks for ur advice! Bought inspired learning and ultimatum is much btr even though i still hate stand in circle.

Is there any reason you aren’t got crit version ?

Mainly because non-crit is getting me through all the content so far.
I'll probably switch to crit later on, but want to have a few crit jewels ready first :)

Edit: Also I'm playing this more like a hardcore character by prioritizing defensive jewels/passives instead of just min/maxing damage. (Mainly just want to be able to handle anything ultimatum throws at me, but could probably go crit and min/max damage if I skipped certain ultimatums)

Edit 2: Took another look at my build in PoB since you mentioned it. I don't see a good way to get more damage through crit without having crit jewels for my character.
If the damage is close, crit version is less desirable IMO because you'll lose a ton of damage with the unlucky crit ultimatum mod, whereas non-crit isn't as affected.
Last edited by xkl_xh on Apr 26, 2021, 2:10:43 AM
"
xkl_xh wrote:
Mainly because non-crit is getting me through all the content so far.
I'll probably switch to crit later on, but want to have a few crit jewels ready first :)

Edit: Also I'm playing this more like a hardcore character by prioritizing defensive jewels/passives instead of just min/maxing damage. (Mainly just want to be able to handle anything ultimatum throws at me, but could probably go crit and min/max damage if I skipped certain ultimatums)

Edit 2: Took another look at my build in PoB since you mentioned it. I don't see a good way to get more damage through crit without having crit jewels for my character.
If the damage is close, crit version is less desirable IMO because you'll lose a ton of damage with the unlucky crit ultimatum mod, whereas non-crit isn't as affected.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, definitely enlighten my dumbass brain of going crit without having any crit jewels.

Will redo some of my skill points.
Hey guys, I have a question. I was thinking about the Militant Faith Avarius jewel that gives you double the 80% of your mana as armor. It seems pretty good for phys reduction and I was wondering if it's worth it? I was thinking it could be placed near the MoM keystone since we have MoM through Cloak of Defiance already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info