[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
fexilex wrote:

Status : Keep getting 1-shot in Red T13-15 Map.. Dont know why. Need advice. Just change from Sanctuary of thought to Arcane Blessing. Previously 8k ES.

Current
ES :- 5.3k
Mana :- 10k.

Kindly check My PoB : https://pastebin.com/vk0WQxgD

Thanks in advance

Me too.. This is not a build that you can just rush in and storm through everything.. the porkypines or whatever those ranged mobs are called are lethal to this build.

I assume you are using the right upgraded pantheons for the situation. Can't see anything wrong with your POB/build that I can think of. Other than that damage could be higher. More damage, mobs die faster, less damage taken.. Sounds simple but with a squishy build like ours it does come down to that. And never walk in straight lines towards mobs when you can't see what is on the edge of the screen.

Not sure why are using a 2nd low level wave of conviction on CWDT when you are already constantly triggering it with your trigger wand. There is a cooldown so chances are it will not even trigger on CWDT. Better use something more useful. Can't really think of anything as I'm not using CWDT but even a lightning golem might be better.

And yeah.. ES is low without the watcher's eye. If arcane cloak is popped and you'll take big damage you'll be out of mana and defenses in no time. Bleeds though to ES and with 5K you'll be done quickly.

Agreed without watcher eye this build is low of ES. Watcher eye is super expensive.. even got 1mod for ES + 1 trash mod is like 33ex min( current price )..

About the 2nd low lvl Wave of Conviction honestly I dont know to put what gem there to boost up my survivability

Sometimes i just too ahead from my Storm Brand maybe of Too much Movement Speed .. and it pain to cast Storm brand( 8k Mana Per cast ) and if i getting big hit surely i will die.

Or better I revert back using Sanctuary of Thought.
Last edited by fexilex on Apr 30, 2020, 9:02:19 AM
"
Sygnal wrote:
"
LordOxid wrote:
Is anyone able to slot awakened chain and 7 fevered minds (I'm using a 3 passive voices)?

I can make it work with Concentrated Effect (and the DPS is hilariously through the roof), but not Awakened Chain due to the 10% higher mana multiplier.

Even with 40% mana cost voidbringers, and 0% quality on archmage, I'm like 500 mana shy of being able to cast it with A.Chain. Can anyone think of a way to bring down mana cost short of unslotting the 7th fevered mind?

I know this is entirely unnecessary but I'm almost done with the league and throwing all my currency at this build.

You can try just casting it with archmage out and putting archmage back in after you have them all out.
It'll be a pain if you lose any but if youre running recall lvl 11 it shouldnt ever fall off.

It seems if you don't have enough mana to cast storm brand once with archmage, then archmage won't apply to the socketed skill. Even if i unslot to cast, and reslot, my dps with those brands is abysmal until I bring down mana cost just enough to cast it.
"
LordOxid wrote:
"
Sygnal wrote:
"
LordOxid wrote:
Is anyone able to slot awakened chain and 7 fevered minds (I'm using a 3 passive voices)?

I can make it work with Concentrated Effect (and the DPS is hilariously through the roof), but not Awakened Chain due to the 10% higher mana multiplier.

Even with 40% mana cost voidbringers, and 0% quality on archmage, I'm like 500 mana shy of being able to cast it with A.Chain. Can anyone think of a way to bring down mana cost short of unslotting the 7th fevered mind?

I know this is entirely unnecessary but I'm almost done with the league and throwing all my currency at this build.

You can try just casting it with archmage out and putting archmage back in after you have them all out.
It'll be a pain if you lose any but if youre running recall lvl 11 it shouldnt ever fall off.

It seems if you don't have enough mana to cast storm brand once with archmage, then archmage won't apply to the socketed skill. Even if i unslot to cast, and reslot, my dps with those brands is abysmal until I bring down mana cost just enough to cast it.

May I suggest one of these:

Has been working for me in emergency situations where I can't take Archmage out. Cast Storm Brand once. Pop Lavianga's. Cast other 5 Storm Brands mana free and continue to run around. It's extra nice if you have Arcane Chemistry anointed.
"
LordOxid wrote:
"
Sygnal wrote:
"
LordOxid wrote:

Correct, that's explicitly stated in the tooltip of the gem:

Supported Skills gain Added Lightning Damage equal to (70-127)% of Mana Cost, if Mana Cost is not higher than the maximum you could spend
"
LINEzz wrote:

May I suggest one of these:

Has been working for me in emergency situations where I can't take Archmage out. Cast Storm Brand once. Pop Lavianga's. Cast other 5 Storm Brands mana free and continue to run around. It's extra nice if you have Arcane Chemistry anointed.

You sir have made my life 100% easier.. Why didn't I know about that flask. It's such a hassle, losing a brand and almost at the limit on mana cost. This makes it a breeze also to start maps or during sirus fights where for some reason I sometimes lose a brand. Or randomly, not sure why. I was pulling my hair out even willing to sacrificy 7 mil dps per brand because of this and go back to sanctuary.

Cheap, efficient and cool! I like it!

Even though you are not doing any damage during flask effect, it is still usefull I think
Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 30, 2020, 3:54:31 PM
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Using any golem is utterly useless as it will constantly die. Better save that or those gem slots for something more useful.

Brand recall 11?? hmm.. how do you manage that. max level 7 from vaaled brand recall+empower 4.. makes it level 10, not 11.

I run a +1 to all spells gems on my wand. Its global and bumps my recall to 11.
What do you think about running headhunter on this build? Made 80ex in 4 days with this build but debating skipping the watchers eye and getting a HH.
"
EU_Rogue wrote:
What do you think about running headhunter on this build? Made 80ex in 4 days with this build but debating skipping the watchers eye and getting a HH.

Never had a HH, so I can't truly appreciate how much damage it might add.

That said, skipping Watcher's Eye presumably means you will not switch Sanctuary of Thought to Arcane Blessing. That switch would roughly double your damage output, as well as provide immunity to elemental ailments. Which in turn makes it easier to drop Dream Fragments for a Cerulean Ring.

Moreover, using HH means you skip using a rare Stygian Vise. This means you typically lose mana, energy shield, some 140-150% resists and an abyssal socket, which in turn likely means missing out on a phasing jewel and some additional stats. From this is mainly be concerned about the resistances; this build used a ton of uniques, meaning you have limited spots to cap them. Belt is currently my primary slot for that (other slots are the rings, but Cerulean rings with very high Res and other desirable stats are very pricey). So you might have to make further changes to the build to hit the Res caps.

So concluding overall, I believe there's been people in this thread who made it work, and it's probably a fun experience. But it does not seem to be the most efficient use of currency to me.
If I don't wish to run Lightning Golem in boots, what can I swap it with ? Vaal RF ? CWDT doesnt work with Vaal right ?
"
Valant wrote:
If I don't wish to run Lightning Golem in boots, what can I swap it with ? Vaal RF ? CWDT doesnt work with Vaal right ?

No you only want to be using Vaal RF not regular RF because it will kill you.

but yeah.. CWDT-immortal call/tempest shield, whatever actually.. low level arcane cloak, (vaal) coldsnap, etc...

See you haven't taken arcane blessing which not only would make you ailment immune but would also free up another gem slot in your gloves with that low level arcane surge.
Last edited by Zweetsok on May 1, 2020, 3:35:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info