[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

Cool build - definitely the most powerful I've played so far.

I'm using a low-life EO version, taken from BalorMage's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYAjHOBT3XE

I've gone a bit harder on defenses; also the dagger is a 15c thing I got while I was still using the Crit version.

You stack Brand Loyalty, because apparently every time you Brand Recall, it counts the hits as having all existing brands attached to the enemy? I was using the crit version, but I noticed a pretty big single-target boost when I swapped.

Might swap the Seeker Runes to Chip Away, as Brand Recall potentially doesn't reset the brand activation frequency bonus from Chip Away, so you have it all map long.

I started pretty much in Metamorph league, phys skellies, got Awakener 8 but didn't bother with Shaper/Elder; this got nerfed, so I started Delirium with Vortex Occ, which was ok but not great, and finally made a Storm Brand alt to try it out.

By now I've done almost all content - Sirus A:8, Shaper, Elder, UElder (died twice because elder froze me before I could get a grip on what to dodge); only thing left is a Simulacrum because I kept selling them.

Upgrades would be Watcher's Eye, then Bottled Faith, Unnatural Instincts to free up the survivability points, then swapping the Large Cluster jewels to 8 passive versions but those are 5 ex each, so woof.

I'm slowly chipping away at a Watcher's eye, but I'm not sure I can be arsed; might be done with PoE for now, don't think I can be bothered to grind much.
Probably stupid question but I have to ask. Although I understand the concept of brand recalling and keeping your brands up after you cast them, how you cast your 5 brands if the mana cost is 8.5k? Especially before boss fights if you have TPed out etc.

I had level started with freezing pulse totems and my hierophant is respecced to this build.

Thanx in advance
Just pull out archmage gem, cast your brands and reinsert the gem.
"
j0j0poulos wrote:
Probably stupid question but I have to ask. Although I understand the concept of brand recalling and keeping your brands up after you cast them, how you cast your 5 brands if the mana cost is 8.5k? Especially before boss fights if you have TPed out etc.

I had level started with freezing pulse totems and my hierophant is respecced to this build.

Thanx in advance

You don't have to cast all of them at once. Lets say like if you use cinderswallow flask. use brand, pop flask, kill enemies, cast new brand, rinse and repeat. I barely have to cast brand to summon new ones cause brand recall adds time on current brands if you cast it on every cd
"
https://pastebin.com/afjaJF3U

R8 my build so far. Currently pathing towards the jewel socket underneath Mind Drinker to store a future Watcher's Eye. Any suggestions? I was trying to cut a passive or two for the points to snag another cluster jewel but I gave it up because nothing seemed fit to ditch.

Fifth time posted...hope I'm not shouting into a void.

Tree-wise I personally like to take the Jewel socket left of Arcane Swiftness instead of Arcane Swiftness itself, doesnt even cost more skillpoints. Grab the 2 int nodes and get rid of the two life/ES nodes you connect the right part with currently(loses a little bit ES but not too bad imo).
Other than that it's probably about how many ES nodes you want/need or invest in more damage.

Your Wand can definitely need an upgrade, its kinda weak imo ;-)
Also imo get a Cinderswallow asap. The Mana/ES on kill is honestly lifechanging for mapping. I personally ditched my mana flask because killing a few monster refills my mana super fast anyway (well, you should get rid of the Silver Flask instead first I guess)
Also your ES Leech should be max without ES Leech Support, so switching to Elemental Focus should increase your damage quite a bit.
Also I would link Empower to Brand Recall (and preferably get a lvl7 Brand Recall). The lower cooldown saves a lot of Brand resummoning.
Last edited by Laxxus on Apr 14, 2020, 2:29:57 AM
Guys can you give me your the "avr damage" of your storm brands (in the game) and your cast speed?
I know POB is way better to compare damage, but i play a version of this build with indigon, which is not taken into account in POB
I would like to try a life based, just got a 6 link inpulsa. I'm sure it will map good but I'm concerned with the single target
"
Tramazings wrote:
Thinking about switching over to ll from my build (i've maxed it as far as i'd like to go), where i have about 8k ehp, 9k mana, and about 11mil dps. Could anyone experienced with switching over give me some insight on what i will gain defense and damage wise? Have about 150ex to spend. Thank you in advance

I've spent about 120-150ex so far, PoB dps with flasks up is showing almost 27mil dps.

* 8.3K Es + 10% MoM
* 10.1k mana = 10k chaos dmg ehp
* about 8.4k mana cost
* almost 27mil dps
* roughly 44% base crit, 88% effective currently
* over 300% crit multi
* What's stun?
* Complete elemental ailment immunity

I went straight into LL, since I funded my own build with a league starter.

Basically gives you chaos 100% MoM and since we have so much mana, it's safe. In general, we'll probably take more damage (not much armor etc) which is compensated for by larger ES pools as well as using a Cinderswallow but we more than double a life build's dps. It's important to note that we aren't a tank build so you can't mindlessly charge into packs. Most of the time it'll be fine but sometimes you will get one shot. Abuse the attachment range and go in at an angle and run fast with those quicksilvers. You will be doing a lot of damage to bosses, so there's less time for them to land attacks.
Last edited by TheAtrocity on Apr 14, 2020, 3:44:17 AM
"
Laxxus wrote:

Tree-wise I personally like to take the Jewel socket left of Arcane Swiftness instead of Arcane Swiftness itself, doesnt even cost more skillpoints. Grab the 2 int nodes and get rid of the two life/ES nodes you connect the right part with currently(loses a little bit ES but not too bad imo).

I can't do that because there's no other way to connect Ghost Reaver and Doom Cast with the rest of the tree. I might ditch Arcane Swiftness, grab the extra Power Charge and path one INT node closer to the jewel socket though.
"
"
Laxxus wrote:

I can't do that because there's no other way to connect Ghost Reaver and Doom Cast with the rest of the tree. I might ditch Arcane Swiftness, grab the extra Power Charge and path one INT node closer to the jewel socket though.

Thats why I said grab the 2 Int nodes instead of the small Life/ES ones. It connects as well. Can check on my tree what I mean if it wasnt clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info