[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

@hipposaver

I am linking you my gear now, since you are also going for the minmax i am also going to explain the thought process behind it.

First of all you dont need that much mana reg at a certain point. I went down from 1.3k (2x Ceruleans+Foible)to 860 Mana reg/S. It doesnt matter at all once you start oneshotting everything with 1 Brand you are at full brands after like 20 Mobs, considering you are using a max rolled Cinder (Mana/ES roll). I even ditched my Mana Flask yesterday , went for a Corrupted Blood implicit Healthy Mind and switched to Atziris. I did several test runs in T16 Summits on 100% Delirious yesterday and noticed no difference. Regarding the amulet swap ;My amulet gave me like 2.5mio Shaper Dps and 6-700 es in comparison to the Foible ofc you allocate Mana Flows after the switch. Since you want to go for the minmax too, go for a CWDT+Blade Blast lvl1 setup in order to get the unnerve buff, this buff is up all the time due to the fact that it only takes 500 dmg in order to trigger it.( i had to ditch my oos+curse on hit+conductivity setup, thats why i went with assassins mark, its more dmg overall), dont waste a crafting slot on your wand (like so many people do). Furthermore try to squeeze in some more Fevered Minds once you level up they are a big dmg boost aswell (dont be scared of 8-9k mana cost per brand cast). EHP wise dont fall under 8k es, thats the sweet spot for me currently. We ran like 20 Simus yesterday with 4 Player HP and i died like once due to a stupid mistake. Furthermore go for +Duration Gems implicit on your gloves, spell crit is way worse, you want to boost your Arcane Cloak/Arcane Surge (and get a higher Mana Cost roll aswell). Moreover get lvl 21 Wrath and Zealotry, atm you dont get a dmg boost from your shield; the Threshold is lvl 25 for the more spell dmg. Get an Unnatural Instinct too, it gives you around 6-700 ES + free Frenzy/Endurance Charges which are up 99% of the time. If you want to know even more details about min/maxing this build i can also share my pob, overall stats atm: 43 mio Shaper Dps per Brand (with Vaal RF + all Flasks up ofc but without taking all the Transfigurations into account) and around 8k es/10k mana.

Edit: Oh and get a +Fire Dmg craft on one of your rings in order to get the "ignited" dmg boost and also utilize the Cinder even more.

Edit2: Once you leveled up your Aw. Lightning Pen go for this setup: Brand Recall,Empower,Enhance,Second Wind Support (highest possible Level), you can recall your Brands insanely fast and dont need to cast them any longer, comes in pretty handy especially for Simus (you are at full Brands even after a wave ended and you collected your loot).

Last edited by McGrath_ on Apr 12, 2020, 8:16:28 AM

How i can improve? my dps 2,3mill i have 17 ex
Last edited by h4mi22 on Apr 12, 2020, 6:08:27 AM
Can someone look at my charatar and tell me what im doing wrong i only have 4700 Energy shield and 6000 mana while 1 brand costs 3900 mana
Any suggestion on how early we get unnatural instinct? After the watcher eye or before?

Same question for awakened gems, are these just marginal upgrades, or worth it to get once you have the base?
IGN: Sogano
"
gingermanx wrote:
Can someone look at my charatar and tell me what im doing wrong i only have 4700 Energy shield and 6000 mana while 1 brand costs 3900 mana

With what I am able to see on my phone:
- You seem to only have 3 Ascendancy notables.
- No anoint on your amulet as far as I can tell
- I'm going to assume you don't have an ES Clarity Watcher's Eye. In that case you really want Sanctuary of Thought. Not having it costs you about 2k ES.
- Might be outdated, but your profile claims you have 28 unspent points.
"
Sarjin wrote:
"
gingermanx wrote:

- I'm going to assume you don't have an ES Clarity Watcher's Eye. In that case you really want Sanctuary of Thought. Not having it costs you about 2k ES.

guide says if you have skyforth i dont need Sanctuary of Thought
"
gingermanx wrote:
"
Sarjin wrote:
"
gingermanx wrote:

guide says if you have skyforth i dont need Sanctuary of Thought

Technically correct because with Skyforth you don't need Sanctuary for the Auras.
Butmissing out on the 2k+ ES from Sanctuary of Thought is usually only manageable when you have an ES Clarity Watcher's Eye to compensate for that.
Otherwise you walk around with maybe 6k ES even with good gear and probably get killed left and right.

Edit: Just checked, I would go down from 8.7k to 6k ES without Sanctuary.
Last edited by Laxxus on Apr 12, 2020, 8:30:50 AM
"
Tr0j4n wrote:
Any suggestion on how early we get unnatural instinct? After the watcher eye or before?

Same question for awakened gems, are these just marginal upgrades, or worth it to get once you have the base?

Imo: Watchers + Skyforth -> Bottled Faith -> Unnatural
"
McGrath_ wrote:
@hipposaver

I am linking you my gear now, since you are also going for the minmax i am also going to explain the thought process behind it.

First of all you dont need that much mana reg at a certain point. I went down from 1.3k (2x Ceruleans+Foible)to 860 Mana reg/S. It doesnt matter at all once you start oneshotting everything with 1 Brand you are at full brands after like 20 Mobs, considering you are using a max rolled Cinder (Mana/ES roll). I even ditched my Mana Flask yesterday , went for a Corrupted Blood implicit Healthy Mind and switched to Atziris. I did several test runs in T16 Summits on 100% Delirious yesterday and noticed no difference. Regarding the amulet swap ;My amulet gave me like 2.5mio Shaper Dps and 6-700 es in comparison to the Foible ofc you allocate Mana Flows after the switch. Since you want to go for the minmax too, go for a CWDT+Blade Blast lvl1 setup in order to get the unnerve buff, this buff is up all the time due to the fact that it only takes 500 dmg in order to trigger it.( i had to ditch my oos+curse on hit+conductivity setup, thats why i went with assassins mark, its more dmg overall), dont waste a crafting slot on your wand (like so many people do). Furthermore try to squeeze in some more Fevered Minds once you level up they are a big dmg boost aswell (dont be scared of 8-9k mana cost per brand cast). EHP wise dont fall under 8k es, thats the sweet spot for me currently. We ran like 20 Simus yesterday with 4 Player HP and i died like once due to a stupid mistake. Furthermore go for +Duration Gems implicit on your gloves, spell crit is way worse, you want to boost your Arcane Cloak/Arcane Surge (and get a higher Mana Cost roll aswell). Moreover get lvl 21 Wrath and Zealotry, atm you dont get a dmg boost from your shield; the Threshold is lvl 25 for the more spell dmg. Get an Unnatural Instinct too, it gives you around 6-700 ES + free Frenzy/Endurance Charges which are up 99% of the time. If you want to know even more details about min/maxing this build i can also share my pob, overall stats atm: 43 mio Shaper Dps per Brand (with Vaal RF + all Flasks up ofc but without taking all the Transfigurations into account) and around 8k es/10k mana.

Edit: Oh and get a +Fire Dmg craft on one of your rings in order to get the "ignited" dmg boost and also utilize the Cinder even more.

Edit2: Once you leveled up your Aw. Lightning Pen go for this setup: Brand Recall,Empower,Enhance,Second Wind Support (highest possible Level), you can recall your Brands insanely fast and dont need to cast them any longer, comes in pretty handy especially for Simus (you are at full Brands even after a wave ended and you collected your loot).

2 questions:
- Enhance just affects attachment range right?
- Why Arcane Surge in the Cloak links?

Thanks
[/quote]

2 questions:
- Enhance just affects attachment range right?
- Why Arcane Surge in the Cloak links?

Thanks [/quote]

1. This setup overall is just the best QoL i came up with for Brand Recall. Affecting the recall time/attachment range.

2. In order to proc Arcane Surge more reliably (not 100% sure maybe someone can clarify it, but i thought that the Arcane Surge from the Ascendancy only procs when you cast Storm Brand not when you recall it and since im mostly recalling and also wanted to boost the level of Arcane Surge i went for that link; also not 100% sure which "level" the Ascendancy point takes as a basis).

Thank you for pointing that out tho (my build is far from perfect yet).

Edit: Ok an even more knowledgeable friend of mine just clarified my assumption. The Arcane Surge from the Ascendancy is Lvl 1, if i use Arcane Cloak the Lvl 1 from the Ascendancy is overwritten by the lvl 21 that is linked to Arcane Cloak (PoB also calculates that correctly). Furthermore he also told me that the Arcane Surge from the Ascendancy procs everytime a Brand hits an enemy, so i was wrong there. As a conclusion its just a nice Dmg boost in addition with the higher level linked to Arcane Cloak (Downtime of the Cloak is like 1 sec) so the lvl 21 Arcane Surge is up nearly all the time.
Last edited by McGrath_ on Apr 12, 2020, 9:01:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info