[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

My current gear. Not pictured: four Fevered Minds and a Healthy Mind. POB DPS has me at over 400k at level 90, and I just beat Hunter A5 deathless for the first time ever so I'm psyched.

Question: Is Skyforth meant to be the last major upgrade? There are smaller upgrades I can do (Rings, Wand and 40% Fevered Minds) but they'll take precious Exalted Orbs away from purchasing a SKyforth. One the other hand I'm overdue for some more damage and don't want to spend days grinding a pair of boots on gear that I can otherwise improve.
Last edited by subliminaldelta on Apr 8, 2020, 10:50:16 AM
Hey man I love the build, I will sure play it after my current one. Just one question, is Bottled faith mandatory? Cause it's quite expensive, only got 5 ex at the moment and still farming.
Last edited by Eclypsons on Apr 8, 2020, 11:29:53 AM
"
joerule1 wrote:
Does anyone have thoughts on Algor Mortis gloves?
I've really never dug into damage taken mechanics but i think socketing cold snap (chilled ground? dunno if this counts as chilling area) or arctic breath (which says chilling area) in your wand should yield 35% increased damage.
I'm playing elemental overload (poor) version so the loss in crit isn't a big deal for me.

edit: holding down the stick shows that chilled ground and vortices are chilling areas.

At least for the Crit version it's definitely worse than Voidbringer.
And even for the non-crit version (I'm not even sure about the numbers) you gotta ask yourself how often you get out the chilling ground vs the always consistent damage you get from Voidbringer. You have to get out of the way to bring in chilled ground.
I don't really see a reason to use it over Voidbringer.
"

Question: Is Skyforth meant to be the last major upgrade? There are smaller upgrades I can do (Rings, Wand and 40% Fevered Minds) but they'll take precious Exalted Orbs away from purchasing a SKyforth. One the other hand I'm overdue for some more damage and don't want to spend days grinding a pair of boots on gear that I can otherwise improve.

The Last major upgrade would for sure be the Clarity Watcher's Eye at 40+ ex.
Also Bottled Faith is for sure less important than Skyforth but another big investment.

Although Bottled Faith isn't necessary at all, I'd rather save up for a Clarity Watcher's Eye after Skyforth but thats just my opinion.
So I should go Wand/Rings/Jewels -> Skyforth -> Bottled Faith -> Clarity Watcher's Eye?

My gear, any suggestion ? Swapping between Chain und Ele Focus. For Bosses
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Not sure why you would possibly use even 1 life flask on a low life build as it is utterly useless.. Just check the builds and trees of others first.. If you are doing 50K just comparing those is the first start (especially if you are that lazy). Can't possibly expect others to do the work right?

I saw others gear. And i don't see a lot difference... i just simply can't understand how ill gain 9,950,000 more dps with literally a single flask (bottled faith) because thats what i miss. And i was asking for advice which item should be my next goal in order to improve my gear like everyone else... i might have bad weapon... imight sell my watchers eye jewel (zaelotry crit chance+ wrath crit chance for 8ex) and buy something lot more usefull...

here is the gear for those who might intend to suggest an improvement...

Spoiler

Ive got 4 fevered mind all 39% spell damage and a watchers eye mentioned above thats might be not the right buy and could be sold for extra budget ( current budget is 1500 chaos...
(vaal rf and vaal discipline is on the way)
Hey vaizard27, I really enjoy this build. I still have bad gear, but almost never died on my way to lv93 (close to 94). Thank you very much for the great build guide :)

What helped with my survivability a a lot is using a large cluster jewel with Thunderstruck. The consistent knockbacks keep most monsters away from me.
"
mojito000 wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Not sure why you would possibly use even 1 life flask on a low life build as it is utterly useless.. Just check the builds and trees of others first.. If you are doing 50K just comparing those is the first start (especially if you are that lazy). Can't possibly expect others to do the work right?

I saw others gear. And i don't see a lot difference... i just simply can't understand how ill gain 9,950,000 more dps with literally a single flask (bottled faith) because thats what i miss. And i was asking for advice which item should be my next goal in order to improve my gear like everyone else... i might have bad weapon... imight sell my watchers eye jewel (zaelotry crit chance+ wrath crit chance for 8ex) and buy something lot more usefull...

Spoiler

Ive got 4 fevered mind all 39% spell damage and a watchers eye mentioned above thats might be not the right buy and could be sold for extra budget ( current budget is 1500 chaos...

A better wand, yours has no added lightning dmg to spells/lightning dmg%, fire as extra chaos does nothing either. Catalyst your ring and amulet for more mana, roll proper flasks like anti-curse diamond, anti-freeze quicksilver (why does it even have attack speed %?), enduring mod on mana flask.

Your main 6l storm brand gems, none of them have any quality. Colour 2b1g to socket blade blast in wand, swap gems in glove setup to boots. Use Orb of storms + power charge on crit + archmage + whatever else in gloves to gain power charges.
"
mojito000 wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:

Spoiler

Get your gems 20% quality, you dont have a abyss jewel socket in your belt, recommend one with phasing. then get your a ORb of storm setup, with power charges on crit, maybe with culling strike, innervate, archmage, or the one for frenzy charges, in your boots. Weapon as mentioned in the post before.

Last edited by Raytscha on Apr 8, 2020, 2:19:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info