[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

What am i missing here? I cant reserve all 3 buffs, just 2
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
What am i missing here? I cant reserve all 3 buffs, just 2

Finish Uberlab, and spec into Sanctuary of Thought
"
muskart wrote:
For anyone into mapping/high mobility, I recommend incorporating Empower (L4 ideally) and a L7 Brand Recall into a 4L (with Second Wind and Surge or whatever). Play style dependent but I wanted to be able to re-focus my brands as needed as often as possible.

Thank you for this build - one of my favorites so far.

I'm just leveling this build up and haven't even reached maps but I did the same.
Also I put Brand Recall on the Left Mouse Button, so I constantly trigger it while running around, that way my Brands stay alive a lot longer, less annoying recasting with high mana cost. Yes, sometimes it might be inconvenient to recall the Brands but I'd rather deal with that than recasting brands all the time.

Fun build so far :)
Ohh boy, way too man comments to answer everything. regarding a weapon:

Honestly I'm still not sure what the absolute max setup is.
The most important stats are without a doubt mana and crit chance. if you can get multi on top of that you are pretty much golden.

Other stats to look for are cast speed, spell dmg, lightning dmg%, possibly conductivity on hit to free up a gem.

Regarding the watchers eye yes/no:

Honestly, the build hast 10million + shaper dps without a watchers eye. Objectively speaking you don't need it. It does however make 100% delirious maps a piece of cake as everything simply vanishes.

The "clunkiness" of having 9k mana cost brands is imho worth that tradeoff. Also it's just fun to see stuff melt insanely quick.

I'll probably take a break now as I've sunk some 7 days played and 100+ex into the char. Will try to keep the post updated and if I get around to it add some more detail.
Really good build, probably the one in which I'll dump my currencies for the rest of the league.

Current gear :

Next level I think I'll get another Fevered Mind, I think it gives me more dps than getting a brand cluster jewel.
Not using a 6th brand and mapping still feels good.

Upgrades are starting to get complicated/expensive. 21/20 gems are probably the easiest to do but the dps upgrade is marginal.
I like using Arcane Cloak myself instead of trigger, and I went for shield charge + fortify. Arcane surge linked to OoS for more damage as OoS cast time is quite quick and I feel it's okay to not put it on Brand Recall. I have something like 8ex for now but I think I'll keep them for a bigger upgrade
Hello everyone!
Trying this build atm, got bunch of questions since im playing first time as hiero, and first time low life build overall.
1)According to poe.ninja some players going for Sanctuary of thought, while the rest choosing Arcane blessing. What does it depend of?
2)What min/max version looks better for late game: crit or non-crit with Elemental Overload ?
3)Are we using MoM or not? Again, half of poe.ninja examples are using, the rest are not.
4)What is the best annoinment for our amulet?
Edit: Since we are low life, is it important to get life rolls on our rings and belt?
Thats for start). Would gladly appreciate all the answers!
Last edited by DenverR on Apr 3, 2020, 12:38:57 PM
"
vaizard27 wrote:
Ohh boy, way too man comments to answer everything. regarding a weapon:

Honestly I'm still not sure what the absolute max setup is.
The most important stats are without a doubt mana and crit chance. if you can get multi on top of that you are pretty much golden.

Other stats to look for are cast speed, spell dmg, lightning dmg%, possibly conductivity on hit to free up a gem.

Regarding the watchers eye yes/no:

Honestly, the build hast 10million + shaper dps without a watchers eye. Objectively speaking you don't need it. It does however make 100% delirious maps a piece of cake as everything simply vanishes.

The "clunkiness" of having 9k mana cost brands is imho worth that tradeoff. Also it's just fun to see stuff melt insanely quick.

I'll probably take a break now as I've sunk some 7 days played and 100+ex into the char. Will try to keep the post updated and if I get around to it add some more detail.

Enjoy the rest..! :)

As far as the watcher's eye goes.. very, very few people have access to the 60+ ex a decently rolled one will cost. And yeah without sanctuary you need a watcher's eye. This means most people will have to keep sanctuary.

Using it without it makes you squishy as hell because the huge mana cost of brands will also make you suffer heavily in defense/damage taken. Maybe the only way to counter that would be to be chaos capped as well.

That was one of the reasons I mentioned it feltclunky.. Or better said, deadly.

Not sure what viable alternatives are but it seems it is impossible to achieve these very high damage numbers without sinking an extra 60+ ex into your build.

Still not sure whether or not I should go from non crit to crit as it appears the damage numbers aren't that far apart and would make you suffer in the defensive department probably.

Have to admit though I'm extremely negligent on casting enduring cry all the time so I should find a way to work this into my routine as it seems mandatory.
Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 3, 2020, 12:57:31 PM
Basically invincible? Biggest overstatement ever. There are virtually no defenses except for a medium-sized energy shield. Am I missing something?
Posting here because I've pretty much worked myself into a corner, but I believe I have a build that a lot of people here could take good advantage of.

The whole point of my build was to abuse Archmage + Indigon. Sort of because the consensus of opinion seems to be that they are a bad combo (spoiler - it's not).

By utilizing the 50% less mana cost of skills from Sanctuary of Thought + keeping skills limited to 4-link, you can effectively run 3-5 spells that are all about as strong as a typical 6-link spell, even one that could be running Archmage.

My gear:

The general playstyle is to drop the 4 storm brands, then use brand recall to extend their duration near-infinitely. Now you stack up Blade Vortex to 10 stacks, taking advantage of Unleash + Inc Dur + Archmage to make it deal insane amounts of damage and last for a decent duration. When you encounter packs, you drop Firestorm on them, which shares the same 6-link armor to also take advantage of Unleash + Inc Dur + Archmage. This is more than enough to kill pretty much all trash in the game and speed through Deliriums without concern for much of anything really.

When you encounter a boss, you can put down corpses with Desecrate, and unleash Cremation + Vaal Blade Vortex and then move into your typical rotation.

I'm aware that the build advertised in this thread sports 10 mil+ damage per brand, but I'm doing ~15 mil DPS with 1/10th the amount of money spent on my build, and recent adjustments have gotten me very, very close to your build here - but I don't like spending 10ex per slot so I think I'm about done.

You guys can pick up this style and explore it if interested, I believe it should be able to go so far as doubling the damage capable from the build this thread is based on with little more than a helm change.

2 obvious advantages of taking advantage of low mana costs, rather than high mana costs is that I get to take advantage of Kalisa's Grace + Grand Spectrum (or really any other jewel, whatever) rather than using Voidbringers and Fevered Mind jewels. Indigon takes care of all the mana-cost-pumping concern by itself, so I still get to take advantage of ~6k mana cost Storm Brands, but I also get to take advantage of ~6k mana cost Blade Vortex, 6k mana cost Firestorm, and 6k mana cost Cremation + 4k mana cost vaal Blade Vortex when it comes to bosses. It is a bit more complicated to play in general, but I find it ultimately no different from most other builds once you get used to the nuance.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Apr 3, 2020, 2:57:14 PM
"
Basically invincible? Biggest overstatement ever. There are virtually no defenses except for a medium-sized energy shield. Am I missing something?

Not sure who you are responding too... can't recall anything about invincible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info