[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

can anyone help? I recently hit level 55 and put on my void bringers but cannot use the skills with the gems. When I hover over it says skill cannot be used.
"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
Basically invincible? Biggest overstatement ever. There are virtually no defenses except for a medium-sized energy shield. Am I missing something?

Not sure who you are responding too... can't recall anything about invincible.

The OP did. "During clear you are generally invincible as long as you don't run into packs like a berserker. Cast brands, see if things die, normal packs can usually be charged, but with Delirium you always have to be careful."
Maybe its a stupid question, but, how do you avoid stuns as low-life without skyforth ? atziri foible seems like a must have instead of chayula amulet. Am i missing something ?
"
AcidCitrus wrote:
Maybe its a stupid question, but, how do you avoid stuns as low-life without skyforth ? atziri foible seems like a must have instead of chayula amulet. Am i missing something ?

soul of the brine king
"
JermStudDog wrote:
Posting here because I've pretty much worked myself into a corner, but I believe I have a build that a lot of people here could take good advantage of.

The whole point of my build was to abuse Archmage + Indigon. Sort of because the consensus of opinion seems to be that they are a bad combo (spoiler - it's not).

By utilizing the 50% less mana cost of skills from Sanctuary of Thought + keeping skills limited to 4-link, you can effectively run 3-5 spells that are all about as strong as a typical 6-link spell, even one that could be running Archmage.

My gear:

The general playstyle is to drop the 4 storm brands, then use brand recall to extend their duration near-infinitely. Now you stack up Blade Vortex to 10 stacks, taking advantage of Unleash + Inc Dur + Archmage to make it deal insane amounts of damage and last for a decent duration. When you encounter packs, you drop Firestorm on them, which shares the same 6-link armor to also take advantage of Unleash + Inc Dur + Archmage. This is more than enough to kill pretty much all trash in the game and speed through Deliriums without concern for much of anything really.

When you encounter a boss, you can put down corpses with Desecrate, and unleash Cremation + Vaal Blade Vortex and then move into your typical rotation.

I'm aware that the build advertised in this thread sports 10 mil+ damage per brand, but I'm doing ~15 mil DPS with 1/10th the amount of money spent on my build, and recent adjustments have gotten me very, very close to your build here - but I don't like spending 10ex per slot so I think I'm about done.

You guys can pick up this style and explore it if interested, I believe it should be able to go so far as doubling the damage capable from the build this thread is based on with little more than a helm change.

2 obvious advantages of taking advantage of low mana costs, rather than high mana costs is that I get to take advantage of Kalisa's Grace + Grand Spectrum (or really any other jewel, whatever) rather than using Voidbringers and Fevered Mind jewels. Indigon takes care of all the mana-cost-pumping concern by itself, so I still get to take advantage of ~6k mana cost Storm Brands, but I also get to take advantage of ~6k mana cost Blade Vortex, 6k mana cost Firestorm, and 6k mana cost Cremation + 4k mana cost vaal Blade Vortex when it comes to bosses. It is a bit more complicated to play in general, but I find it ultimately no different from most other builds once you get used to the nuance.

your build looks really bad to play, why would i cast 12312312312 skills if i can cast 6 brands and hold left click to win
Story of my life on this build so far lmao

https://streamable.com/8xvmfs
"
sisco1985 wrote:

your build looks really bad to play, why would i cast 12312312312 skills if i can cast 6 brands and hold left click to win

A reasonable assumption, but ultimately a wrong one. Your spells start out costing over 300 Mana and increase in Mana cost with every instance of the Indigon effect. The build literally CAN'T be spammy. That won't work.

I probably average 2 spells per second, one of which is that "hold left click to win" that you mentioned is shared with this build. I have merely added blade vortex on top, which is another long duration spell.

Those 2 spells make up 80+% of the damage I deal and the build largely plays out like a typical BV character. I just happen to have brands bouncing around while I clear the map.

Firestorm helps to further pump damage when required. You don't have to cast it if you don't need to, but it helps when you want everything dead in 1/4 a second rather than 1/2 a second. It also gives a bit of ranged damage to a build that can otherwise struggle to deal damage at a range.

Cremation and vaal blade vortex are mostly just there because they can be, but still, they help add another layer of death over the top when you want it. You could swap out cremation for something like blade blast if you wanted, but I find it to be the best way to take advantage of my 6th gem slot.

While my bar is full of buttons, I tend not to hit most of them most of the time.
"
JermStudDog wrote:
"
sisco1985 wrote:

A reasonable assumption, but ultimately a wrong one. Your spells start out costing over 300 Mana and increase in Mana cost with every instance of the Indigon effect. The build literally CAN'T be spammy. That won't work.

I probably average 2 spells per second, one of which is that "hold left click to win" that you mentioned is shared with this build. I have merely added blade vortex on top, which is another long duration spell.

Those 2 spells make up 80+% of the damage I deal and the build largely plays out like a typical BV character. I just happen to have brands bouncing around while I clear the map.

Firestorm helps to further pump damage when required. You don't have to cast it if you don't need to, but it helps when you want everything dead in 1/4 a second rather than 1/2 a second. It also gives a bit of ranged damage to a build that can otherwise struggle to deal damage at a range.

Cremation and vaal blade vortex are mostly just there because they can be, but still, they help add another layer of death over the top when you want it. You could swap out cremation for something like blade blast if you wanted, but I find it to be the best way to take advantage of my 6th gem slot.

While my bar is full of buttons, I tend not to hit most of them most of the time.

Mind providing a PoB Link to back up the Damage output your saying it has I am curious.
"
"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
Basically invincible? Biggest overstatement ever. There are virtually no defenses except for a medium-sized energy shield. Am I missing something?

Not sure who you are responding too... can't recall anything about invincible.

The OP did. "During clear you are generally invincible as long as you don't run into packs like a berserker. Cast brands, see if things die, normal packs can usually be charged, but with Delirium you always have to be careful."

Well.. I'm using divine, persuit, illuminate and arcane blessing without awatcher's eye.

I'm sitting at 8.2K mana, 5K ES, 27% chaos res. With the cinderswallow flask which I only bought yesterday (missed the part where it gains mana/ES on every kill instead of just once), it feels like being more or less invincible in maps during clear.

Bosses melt either instantly or in seconds. I feel the chaos res compensates for at least some of the missing ES.

Of course things change on endgame bosses but we'll see when I get there.

The watcher's eye will always be a no go as even if I would have 60 ex to spare, I wouldn't sink it into 1 single jewel which is so ludicrously overprised.

I'm interested to hear though what the advantages of switching to a crit build would be. You would sacrifice a lot of passives in order to get the crit nodes. And possibly quiet a bit of defenses.
Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 4, 2020, 1:58:04 AM
current PoB of my build:
https://pastebin.com/pPnG3SFz

Only config shenanigans are editing Kalisa's Grace and Indigon assuming that the +2% crit effect is active and I have stacked up the Indigon effect 20 times which puts the spell costs around 3k each (it goes much, much higher than that though, sometimes turning off archmage as I can sometimes spend too much mana) - it is important to NOT spam your spells as I mentioned in the previous post, so I would rather assume too little rather than too much and give inflated assumptive damage.

Current numbers are 3 mil DPS for a 10 stack blade vortex, 1.5 mil DPS for each storm brand, of which 2 can attach to the same target, 112k per fireball from Firestorm, 329k per blast from Cremation, and another 1.5 mil DPS from Vaal Blade Storm. All of this comes up to a grand total of ~8-10 mil assuming you cast the most minor amount of spells possible and how generous you want to be with the Firestorm/Cremation calculations.

Where this would get crazy is if you went through the effort of adding in Skyforths, Unnatural Instinct, and a better weapon than a random pcoc Shimmeron, and possibly swapping in a few Awakened gems per setup. I can easily add 50% on top of my existing numbers by adding fantasy items I am not willing to farm for, and again, this is all on the assumption of 3k mana costs when I currently have 6100 unreserved mana. Most map bosses die instantly, only Shaper has lived longer than 1-2 seconds, and I have yet to attempt Uber Elder yet, I'm a fairly casual player in the grand scheme of things.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Apr 4, 2020, 3:45:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info