[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
Pyron wrote:
like in the flask section written we cab swap out sanctuary of though for arcane blessing.

@veizard27:

I have a clarity watchers eye and all needed flask, but imho the build feels super clunky if i go for arcane blessing. Imho arcane blessing is super bad, cos u can only cast 1 brand without a mana flask, with sanctuary of though u can cast 2 brands.

Do u agree that the build feels super clunky while using arcane blessing?
I mean....i know that the dmg is much much higher and u can see it on poe.ninja....but is this rly worth the clunkyness?!?

sg Py

How do you manage your auras if you remove sanctuary of thought?
Look what Skyfort's give you

You can also go for one mana reservation node on the tree if you don't have them.
"
jbitz wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Great build but for the life of me I cannot understand why my dps is so low compare dot others with what seems comparable gear.

If anyone could have a look I would highly appreciate it.

I just today switched to low life and feels great so far but dps is lacking.

I currently have no budget to expand at all but would appreciate pointer to work towards something :)

thanks

You're missing a lot of crit nodes (arcane potency, doom cast, annihilation)

I'm not playing a crit build. Hence the elemental overload.

But since I posted this I've made some advancements... 1,2 mil shaper dps... still not up to its potential but acceptable...
Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 1, 2020, 9:08:24 AM
To anyone mapping and feeling a bit squishy you can also use The Red Nightmare jewel which will provide you with 3 endurance charges. That with fortify is making me zoom zoom even more trough packs. The dmg loss is not that much and you still clear everything with Chain support.

Edit: Not to mention it help a bunch while doing Simulacrum ;)
Last edited by tona91 on Apr 1, 2020, 9:39:27 AM
"
Pyron wrote:
like in the flask section written we cab swap out sanctuary of though for arcane blessing.

@veizard27:

I have a clarity watchers eye and all needed flask, but imho the build feels super clunky if i go for arcane blessing. Imho arcane blessing is super bad, cos u can only cast 1 brand without a mana flask, with sanctuary of though u can cast 2 brands.

I mean....i know that the dmg is much much higher and u can see it on poe.ninja....but is this rly worth the clunkyness?!?

sg Py

Personally I don't think it feels clunky, my brands cost 8k mana right now, but I am using minddrinker and cinderswallow. usually I rush the first pack, hit it with my first brand while my mana flask is already up and running and then simply use the massive mana influx (5% per kill) to cast additional brands. So I don't think it feels clunky as long as your brand recall is high enough. I'm not even using chain for clear since I'm too lazy to get a white socket on my Ivory tower.

"
tona91 wrote:
To anyone mapping and feeling a bit squishy you can also use The Red Nightmare jewel which will provide you with 3 endurance charges. That with fortify is making me zoom zoom even more trough packs. The dmg loss is not that much and you still clear everything with Chain support.

That's def an option, personally I use Unnatural instinct for free endurance and frenzy during clear. Makes bossing and clearing in t16 almost laughable.
"
vaizard27 wrote:
"
Pyron wrote:

@veizard27:

sg Py

Personally I don't think it feels clunky, my brands cost 8k mana right now, but I am using minddrinker and cinderswallow. usually I rush the first pack, hit it with my first brand while my mana flask is already up and running and then simply use the massive mana influx (5% per kill) to cast additional brands. So I don't think it feels clunky as long as your brand recall is high enough. I'm not even using chain for clear since I'm too lazy to get a white socket on my Ivory tower.

"
tona91 wrote:

That's def an option, personally I use Unnatural instinct for free endurance and frenzy during clear. Makes bossing and clearing in t16 almost laughable.

I checked out your tree and that looks interesting! You drop some big nodes, but the little ones still grant nice bonuses and we can use those points to go down from Ghost Reaver.

I also see you dropped OoS for shield charge + fortify setup. I've debated doing the same since I really only use it in tight areas, but most of the time I forget.
Sorry double post. Forgot Skyforth gives power charges.
For those, who like holding brand recall while mapping:
Now you can bind it to left mouse button, hold it and run, while brand recall will be triggeres while you holding button. So you can run with mouse and automattically cast brand recall at the same time.
(it work like this after patch)

p.s. the only one sideeffect is that you need at least one brand active to do this
Last edited by RawDamage on Apr 1, 2020, 2:47:30 PM
Ivory Tower says that chaos damage is taken from mana. However doing the posion boss conq today, he was almost dead before first snakes spawn in the middle, when they did I got 1 shot. None of the damage was taken from my mana it just seemed to go through my ES as chaos damage should. Idk if it was lag (servers have been crap lately cause quarantine everyone playing) but am I missing something here? Else I am destroying red maps and the other 3 conqs easily.
"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
jbitz wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Great build but for the life of me I cannot understand why my dps is so low compare dot others with what seems comparable gear.

If anyone could have a look I would highly appreciate it.

I just today switched to low life and feels great so far but dps is lacking.

I currently have no budget to expand at all but would appreciate pointer to work towards something :)

thanks

You're missing a lot of crit nodes (arcane potency, doom cast, annihilation)

I'm not playing a crit build. Hence the elemental overload.

But since I posted this I've made some advancements... 1,2 mil shaper dps... still not up to its potential but acceptable...

If you're not playing a a crit build, I think you have to get a little creative. Zizaran is currently playing a non-crit version, running impulsa + Pursuit of Faith Ascendancy node for the +6% damage increase per enemy kill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info