[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

just wondering everyone's/anyone's thoughts on what I can do to further progress my character and what upgrades I can make. I have the currency just unsure of where to go. thanks to anyone who takes a look

Characters names is _Abradolf_Lincler_

"
Sarjin wrote:
"
Valant wrote:
Still getting one shotted randomly with the gear I have. Can someone please help me check ?

https://pastebin.com/cFHyw2gG

Initial two things I noticed:
- Your ES is somewhat low in PoB, though that's with regular Discipline disabled in your PoB. With it it's at a normal 8.5k.
- According to your PoB, you only have 68% Fire Resistance.

Overall I'd say even with good gear the build is somewhat susceptible to getting killed if you charge into a bad pack, it's not a facetanking build. I personally found that once I started 'strafing' packs, running by them and having the brands to the work cut down the most on my deaths. Still screw up occasionally; mostly I realize I moved in a stupid direction. And there's porcupines. And sometimes you just fall over and are left wondering what exactly happened.

My ES is 8.6k in game with 83/105/109 resists

Yeah it's not a facetank build and I need to weave here and there. I tend to get anxious when running narrow maps.

How does this build compare to the Arc heraldy one ? Wouldnt mind trying out if I can bring some gear across such as shield and Watchers Eye

EDIT: Voices for heraldry build are too expensive.. 20ex a pop
Last edited by Valant on May 10, 2020, 10:54:05 PM
"
QuantomO wrote:
Trying this out... lose a bit of ES (now 8.1k with ES watchers eye) but gain frenzy/endurance charges and gives me points for 2nd medium cluster.

Overcharged node seems really good or am I missing something?

This is pretty much what people are taking Unnatural Instinct there for; getting the small nodes leading up to Melding, Dreamer and Overcharged without having to allocate points. Intuitive Leap is like an intermediary step.

"
thoughtseized wrote:
This is my first league (well, I dabbled before but this is this the first time I've played for real...thanks Corona!) and this was my league starter. Here's where I've gotten too: https://pastebin.com/px6eYb07

I'd love to hear any suggestions for easy improvement (or hard improvement I guess). Thanks for any help - you guys rock!

Easy Improvements (< 1Ex)
- 4-5 passive medium cluster (6 is wasted points)
- drop OoS PCoC setup (redundant with Skyforth)
- Enduring prefix for mana flask if you really want Aqueous Accelerant
- better abyss jewel with crit multi maybe
- better Mindspiral (max mana as ES and same or higher mana roll)
- catalyst rings and belt
- max roll on Atziri's Promise

Medium (1-5ex)
- better belt with more mana/ES (maybe Crusader prefix)
- better ring that Corpse Cirlce (ideally both are Cerulean rings that handle your resists; try to cover Strength so you don't need to take Might)

Hard (>=5ex)
- Bottled Faith (~20ex)
- % Mana as ES Clarity Watcher's Eye (~30-35ex, more with a damage mod)
- focus build more around cluster jewels (~5-10ex depending on notables)
- damage penetration enchant on helmet (market price, anywhere from 15-70ex)

"
luke_wayne wrote:
just wondering everyone's/anyone's thoughts on what I can do to further progress my character and what upgrades I can make. I have the currency just unsure of where to go. thanks to anyone who takes a look

Characters names is _Abradolf_Lincler_

Go for corruptions on slots if you want to gamble. Play with Cluster jewels if you want to push for more DPS. I like a manual Arcane Cloak better than one on CWDT. Shock Nova is probably giving you too small of shocks to matter on bosses and trash packs will die anyways. Better corrupt on gloves (either Cast Speed or Ele Weakness on hit). Watcher's Eye with a damage mod (most come from Precision Crit Multi followed by Wrath Ele Pen, Zealotry Ele Pen or Cast Speed). 7/20 Brand Recall, 20 or 21 Vaal Discipline. Can still get better rings as the Cold and Lightning damage to attacks are wasted mods. I'd probably go with a different annoint over Battle Rouse, maybe Mana Flows or Dreamer. A Corrupting Blood immunity Healthy Mind also lets you drop mana flask as you can sustain brands through the whole map if you do Recall/Empower/Second Wind.

"
Valant wrote:
My ES is 8.6k in game with 83/105/109 resists

Yeah it's not a facetank build and I need to weave here and there. I tend to get anxious when running narrow maps.

How does this build compare to the Arc heraldy one ? Wouldnt mind trying out if I can bring some gear across such as shield and Watchers Eye

EDIT: Voices for heraldry build are too expensive.. 20ex a pop

The cost of entry for Guardian Heraldry Build at minimum is about 30ex I would say if you don't have any of the required pieces. 6L Shav's, Nebulis, 2 CotB, 3 7 passive Voices, 9 of the Heraldry/PH or Endbringer/PH medium clusters, Intuitive Leap, etc. At that point the build will be tanky but not have the same DPS as Archmage Stormbrand.
ty for the reply! i had an extra socket so I threw in the shock nova since I missed the crusader slam on my belt, but I will def look into the rest of what you spoke about. First will probably grab a new watchers eye with a dmg mod.
How are you using 4 fevered mind jewels? I only see 2 on your POB.
Thank you so much for the reply! I didn't see it mentioned but I clearly need to spec out of sanctuary of thought and into arcane blessing I assume too so that I can get that immunity to freeze. That's definitely my #1 reason I die at all at the moment on T16 maps.
Thanks a lot again for the build. I used it to easily achieve 40/40 while reaching my first level 99 char. The amount of possibilities by the build in combination with cluster jewels and the megalomaniacs open a lot of diversity and adjustment potential.

In the end I went for 2 large (only look the outer notables & jewel sockets) with 2x Scintillating Idea, 1x Vengeful Commander and 1x Disorienting Display.

For the mediums I went with 2x Grand Design, 1x Holy Conquest and 1x Brand Loyalty.

For the small I just used one with Will Shaper for the ES boost.

One Megalomaniac I used as a mix of offense Holy Conquest, Will Shaper for additional ES and Wish for death to have culling strike on cursed enemies.

The rest of the gear I took for fast farming (more cast speed enchant on Skyforth was only exchanged for Uber Elder or Sirus). The enchant on Mind Spiral with the increased travel distance for Dash helps with faster mapping & getting out of dough situations. I can only suggest everyone to go for the awakened chain as the QoL while mapping and in the Simmulacrum felt like a big upgrade.

In general I would suggest to drop Foible and go for a rare amulet as getting resists, more es & higher DPS for a relatively cheap price for getting the gear stats requirements on rings, amulet, abyss jewel & belt.

While playing I corrupted 12 Ivory Towers (4 in Temple) but never managed a good corruption (bought my armour after getting frustrated and I stopped switching out chain). I tried 5 times to get the T1 mana talisman corruption from Jorgin but all attempts sadly failed.

One advice I can give is for weapon crafting. As I never managed to craft a good one directly myself I started to buy wands with good affixes (very high mana, mana-spell hybrid & crit multi roles) and annuled until only the wanted affixes were left. After a few tries and some luck I managed to craft my wand of which I am quite fond.

As was suggested here in the thread previously, dropping the mana flask (after getting Cinderswallow), binding brand recall to LMB and casting the brands without the archmage support, in the beginning of a map, makes for very easy qol improvements.

Anyways there is a lot of potential in the build and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Sorry for the wall of text, thanks for reading and ehre is my POB link in case someone is curious: https://pastebin.com/NzSDGd2q .
Last edited by Maaarc on May 12, 2020, 4:13:30 PM
this build have huge issues with chaos damage and bleeds
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
Anyone else getting messed up in Physical reflect maps, even when Wave of Conviction removed ?
"
KopaKabana wrote:
this build have huge issues with chaos damage and bleeds

What's the problem with bleed? Staunching flask solves it and you can always mitigate with pantheon. I don't even use staunching anymore after getting Corrupting Blood immunity.

"
Valant wrote:
Anyone else getting messed up in Physical reflect maps, even when Wave of Conviction removed ?

Blade Blast also deals physical spell damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info