[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
QuantomO wrote:
https://pastebin.com/ztCENGYA

Anyone able to critique my build please?

I tried to switch to 2 passives from Alira but I was 1% res off cold + lightning. so I took out faith and steel (+ travel node) instead.

Currently looks like 4.5m shaper DPS, 8.6k ES and 9.4k Mana. Upgrades I can see are:

1. Clarity Watcher's Eye (getting there...)
2. Couple more woke gems
3. Bottled faith?
4. Enchant on boots
5. Maybe? Another fevered mind

Also, does anyone know if Seeker Runes is bugged where the range bonus resets? Felt like that was a stronger jewel node but someone on reddit said its currently bugged.

More mana cost on gloves, enchant on boots, quality on Cataclysm Twirl. Probably a better jewel, the crit mod is dead as soon as you get going. Grounding isn't as useful as Warding for flask suffix and I'd replace the Flagellant with Experimenter's or something else.

You seem to know where most of your next potential upgrades will be coming in so just keep pushing levels and grinding currency. Don't forget to flip gems for quality when they hit 20. Awakened Lightning Pen is not too expensive so that can be a start; Awakened Controlled Destruction is a little pricier. You can push for the jewel socket below Faith and Steel for another Fevered Mind. Your Golem Coil is a bit sparse on resists and if you can make them up there you may be able to switch off Alira for more passives.

"
ThorTheGray wrote:
Ok I'm a veteran of the game but not spellcasters and I cannot seem to find a legit answer. I see many people on poe.ninja dropping es leech support but many don't have any other sources of leech. How are they leeching? I know Storm Drinker is an option but some don't even have that. What am I not seeing here?

Edit: Are they solely relaying on Cinderswallow?

Cinderswallow helps, but for bossing with no adds the leech comes from Illuminated Devoition. Ghost Reaver if taken increases the rate and converts what little life leech you may have from base or a node on cluster, and some take Soul Thief or Storm Drinker.

Thanks mate, you've give some excellent advice in this thread! Much appreciated
"
Jolo0213 wrote:

"
ThorTheGray wrote:
Ok I'm a veteran of the game but not spellcasters and I cannot seem to find a legit answer. I see many people on poe.ninja dropping es leech support but many don't have any other sources of leech. How are they leeching? I know Storm Drinker is an option but some don't even have that. What am I not seeing here?

Edit: Are they solely relaying on Cinderswallow?

Cinderswallow helps, but for bossing with no adds the leech comes from Illuminated Devoition. Ghost Reaver if taken increases the rate and converts what little life leech you may have from base or a node on cluster, and some take Soul Thief or Storm Drinker.

Ok so are we safe without Soul Thief or Storm Drinker? Does PoB not have a way to turn on Arcane Surge when you don't have it as a skill gem? We basically have it all the time when hitting with spells.

I ask because I hit it big with a 3 passive Voices last night and sold it for 158 ex. I have been swapping over to all the big ticket items like watcher's eye, unnatural instinct, bottled faith, etc. I want to get the rest of my awakened gems and was worried about es leech.
Last edited by ThorTheGray on May 9, 2020, 4:53:17 PM
Nice build so far. Loved to swap from my league starter Freezing Pulse. Thumbs up!

Just one question:
Why do you have two Setups with Arcane Cloak in your "till 90" PoB?
They should both share the same cooldown and should block each other from proccing, or?

Cheers
Hey guys I'm wondering how do you fit a watcher's eye with %mana as es in this build. I'm only left with 16% unreserved life so where does clarity fits? here's my pob:https://pastebin.com/3yCjjhfj
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
Ok so are we safe without Soul Thief or Storm Drinker? Does PoB not have a way to turn on Arcane Surge when you don't have it as a skill gem? We basically have it all the time when hitting with spells.

I ask because I hit it big with a 3 passive Voices last night and sold it for 158 ex. I have been swapping over to all the big ticket items like watcher's eye, unnatural instinct, bottled faith, etc. I want to get the rest of my awakened gems and was worried about es leech.

Throw a level 1 Arcane Surge on your Brand Recall or movement skill to simulate the one from Arcane Blessing being consistently active.

If you aren't already, just see on PoB if having those other sources of leech affects your ES leech. If they don't or have little effect then it's probably safe to go for other things.

"
Nezla wrote:
Hey guys I'm wondering how do you fit a watcher's eye with %mana as es in this build. I'm only left with 16% unreserved life so where does clarity fits? here's my pob:https://pastebin.com/3yCjjhfj

Just reserve a low level clarity on Blood Magic or reserve it on mana; it's not a large portion of the total pool. Also your OoS PCoC setup is redundant with the Skyforth so you can drop that for more utility.
I am done with the league. Sold almost everything and out. It was a fantastic build. It was so fun to play for me. Reached 98 for the first time and earn so much money. Thanks to OP for creating the build. Take care exiles.
Still getting one shotted randomly with the gear I have. Can someone please help me check ?

https://pastebin.com/cFHyw2gG
"
Valant wrote:
Still getting one shotted randomly with the gear I have. Can someone please help me check ?

https://pastebin.com/cFHyw2gG

Initial two things I noticed:
- Your ES is somewhat low in PoB, though that's with regular Discipline disabled in your PoB. With it it's at a normal 8.5k.
- According to your PoB, you only have 68% Fire Resistance.

Overall I'd say even with good gear the build is somewhat susceptible to getting killed if you charge into a bad pack, it's not a facetanking build. I personally found that once I started 'strafing' packs, running by them and having the brands to the work cut down the most on my deaths. Still screw up occasionally; mostly I realize I moved in a stupid direction. And there's porcupines. And sometimes you just fall over and are left wondering what exactly happened.

Trying this out... lose a bit of ES (now 8.1k with ES watchers eye) but gain frenzy/endurance charges and gives me points for 2nd medium cluster.

Overcharged node seems really good or am I missing something?
Last edited by QuantomO on May 10, 2020, 6:12:32 PM
This is my first league (well, I dabbled before but this is this the first time I've played for real...thanks Corona!) and this was my league starter. Here's where I've gotten too: https://pastebin.com/px6eYb07

I'd love to hear any suggestions for easy improvement (or hard improvement I guess). Thanks for any help - you guys rock!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info