[3.25]The BLOCKMAN

I'm not understanding how you're getting to 75% spell block. In the POB you have the last 25% spell block coming from a silver flask in the Calculations but obviously silver flask doesn't do that unless I don't understand how that works.

Anyone know how to get to 75% spell block or is this not possible with the changes to the ascendency?
"
Davidwatts89 wrote:
I'm not understanding how you're getting to 75% spell block. In the POB you have the last 25% spell block coming from a silver flask in the Calculations but obviously silver flask doesn't do that unless I don't understand how that works.

Anyone know how to get to 75% spell block or is this not possible with the changes to the ascendency?

He did the PoB link before the Tempest Shield changes were applied, so he used those mods on the flask as a workaround. PoB updated since then but seems like he didn't update his link. 75% spell block is hard to reach after the nerfs, you pretty much need 2 large clusters to have at least 3 small cluster jewels with the "Mage Hunter" notable
Ahh Okay, makes sense. Thank you very much for the reply.
hi, nice build but where is the end game skill tree for 3.16? can you post it please. Ty
also the min-max build in forums and in poeb are really different from each other. i mean, i have bought most of the stuff in the forums. even the circle of guilt with herald of purity mods. but when i checked pobuilding i saw a far different build than in the forums. is there any explanation to this?
Can somebody explain why the 3.16 medium budget pob for this build feels fake? The damage in pob is way fucking higher than it should be. Why does the removal of the gloves in the pob result in a 100kk damage loss? And why does the removal of the shield result in a 100k damage loss as well? I see no offensive modifiers on it... Now this might be me not understanding som weird mechanic but it feels wrong to lose that much damage from a shield without offensive modifiers.
"
MrDerpieBird wrote:
Can somebody explain why the 3.16 medium budget pob for this build feels fake? The damage in pob is way fucking higher than it should be. Why does the removal of the gloves in the pob result in a 100kk damage loss? And why does the removal of the shield result in a 100k damage loss as well? I see no offensive modifiers on it... Now this might be me not understanding som weird mechanic but it feels wrong to lose that much damage from a shield without offensive modifiers.

It is related (I think) to "x% increased damage while you have shield equipped" nodes on the tree you pick up.

For the gloves I have two answers because I have his old paste-bins in my pob to compare the gears I can budget. In his end-game gear and his mid-game gear, he simply has added physical damage in his gloves (its the same gloves on both pob), in his old build he has +1 socketed, +1 range and added physical.

These should explain the 100ks he is losing from shields and gloves.

I'm kinda new to adding my own flavor to the pob but you can check my https://pastebin.com/K4sijFmP. I'm trying to go for high block on both stats. I currently have 70% at block and 52% spell block (no pot mods, no mage hunter node but I have Rumi's flask to make up for the spell block). I picked "Sanctuary" (spell and shield block) anointment on the Lazhwar and I krangled for some beneficial mods. I will ditch Reckoning and go for a str/int shield that gives block and spell block. This way I can almost cap with at 75% with rumi's flask and no mage hunter in the future. Note that I crafted spell block on the body piece.

Instead of mage hunters, I got a crit chance medium cluster with 4 nodes. I'm planning to reroll the "quick getaway" node. It doesnt help a lot.

I went for Arena Challenger and Gratituous Violence. I go zoom zoom and pop pop. This way I don't need to get that mod on the body to explode mobs, I get blind for extra defensive layer and bleed that helps with damage. Super satisfying to pop an entire army.

I ditched "Dread banner reservation" node and just took Reservation Efficiency on the next node. It freed more mana on my build.

I'm currently using the praxis ring for mana, I'm hunting Eleron for his " Channeling skills cost -4 mana" mods on rings and craft those on both rings. I havent tested this on pob but it is basically the same -8 mana cost to cyclone. I don't know if I will struggle with the other skills now costing more mana. I will need to run that in the field.

I use pulverize because I cannot get a single blue socket on my body for infused channeling. I will swap to that in the future.

For gloves, I'm thinking on using spiked gloves base for the extra damage.

I have " 80% chance to avoid being stunned if you killed recently" lab craft on my boots. I haven't gotten stunned noticeably since.

I picked a random "Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" from market just so I can stop dying so ignore that bad gem. I don't have the currency for something better currently.

I kept dying to ignite more than poison since its more common so I have Soul of Abberath on minor, and I grabbed brine king with freeze immunity. If you cannot run red maps, just don't modify the map with anything and run it just to get to the boss and grab the soul upgrade.

I hope I can give some ideas and feel free to make this much better. I'm sure it can use it.

One question for the veterans. Do I lose a lot of I don't take the Brinkmanship node? My aoe radius goes from 29 to 26 without the node. That would free up 4 skill points I can invest somewhere else.

Edit: I go for sand stance till I get 10 stacks of challenger then swap to blood stance for damage. You can always go blood stance when you have beefy rares, and always be on blood stance for bosses. I put the skill on E for swap between the stances.
Last edited by mouta on Nov 8, 2021, 8:58:33 AM
Hi !

Thanks for the build. I have a question, I'm 77 and my dps is so low, so so low.

How could I improve it ? I make my profil public. I have around 100Chaos for improvements

Thanks for your help
"
Satirycon wrote:
Hi !

Thanks for the build. I have a question, I'm 77 and my dps is so low, so so low.

How could I improve it ? I make my profil public. I have around 100Chaos for improvements

Thanks for your help

First thing, getting a body with 6 link, something with armor as the main stat, some life, resists would give you a good amount of damage increase. It wont be more than 10c to grab a semi-random 6-link.

Make sure you are swapping from Sand to Blood stance after you get your 10 stack of challenger. It makes a huge difference in damage.

Good chunk of your damage will be from the cluster jewel. I'd go for a large cluster with 3 relevant big nodes, wont need to be the BIS but whatever you can get. I would refund the points on the health tree and use those points for the cluster, at least to get to the first 2 big nodes.

You need a level 1 precision. That will help with damage.
Thanks for your help

I'll look for a 6L and a good cluster jewel

I'll try for the swap, I'm not good in that :D

I tried to put a lvl 1 precision in my helmet, but failed to have the last green I need.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info