[3.25]The BLOCKMAN

Hi all. I'm also looking for a bit of direction please.

I've spent some time getting my DEX up to 212 for the Paradoxica.
Since adding that and the Abyssus I'm doing a lot more damage.

Where should I be focusing next?

Thank you.
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
Hi all. I'm also looking for a bit of direction please.

I've spent some time getting my DEX up to 212 for the Paradoxica.
Since adding that and the Abyssus I'm doing a lot more damage.

Where should I be focusing next?

Thank you.

Level-wise I'm at where you are so my advice will be useful if you are trying to go for max block on spell and attack as I'm. I made a post 2 pages ago, you can check that as well.

First thing, you have no clusters. Again with the previous suggestion I made to another post, remove some points from health and get 8 passive with 3 notables. I have "Fuel the fight" "Smite the weak" "Strike leader". Then I'm running a medium cluster with 4 passives "Increased crit chance".

You should grab couple lazhwars, put the anointment you desire on them, then put them in the krangler to fish for a good stat (If you are keeping the lazhwar amulet for spell block). I saw yours have no anoint.

If you have money, or luck, try to get a divergent tempest shield, it gives 2% extra spell block (if you are trying to cap spell block). So instead of 25%, it gives 27% spell block. Default quality is 20% chance to shock.

I have 2 other alternative quality gems for damage reduction. I'm running Divergent Pride and Anomalous Dread Banner.

You can over cap your resists and try to fit in a Rystlata's coil.

Watcher's eye. If you have the currency, go with what the build creator suggests. I didnt have the currency so I'm running "X% increased damage while running pride" .

You can go for a spell block craft on the body.

Again, check my post. I dumped praxis. I'm running two rings with 'Channeling skills have -3 to mana cost". I do not notice any mana changes. I have 43 unreserved mana. Also "Adds X to X physical damage" on rings will give you damage. There is also the vulnerability on hit if you can get one.

Take everything with a grain of salt. I'm not a veteran build maker.

"
mouta wrote:
Level-wise I'm at where you are so my advice will be useful if you are trying to go for max block on spell and attack as I'm. I made a post 2 pages ago, you can check that as well.

First thing, you have no clusters. Again with the previous suggestion I made to another post, remove some points from health and get 8 passive with 3 notables. I have "Fuel the fight" "Smite the weak" "Strike leader". Then I'm running a medium cluster with 4 passives "Increased crit chance".

You should grab couple lazhwars, put the anointment you desire on them, then put them in the krangler to fish for a good stat (If you are keeping the lazhwar amulet for spell block). I saw yours have no anoint.

If you have money, or luck, try to get a divergent tempest shield, it gives 2% extra spell block (if you are trying to cap spell block). So instead of 25%, it gives 27% spell block. Default quality is 20% chance to shock.

I have 2 other alternative quality gems for damage reduction. I'm running Divergent Pride and Anomalous Dread Banner.

Watcher's eye. If you have the currency, go with what the build creator suggests. I didnt have the currency so I'm running "X% increased damage while running pride".

Again, check my post. I dumped praxis. I'm running two rings with 'Channeling skills have -3 to mana cost". I do not notice any mana changes. I have 43 unreserved mana. Also "Adds X to X physical damage" on rings will give you damage. There is also the vulnerability on hit if you can get one.

Thank you mate. Appreciated.
I'm definitely no veteran but like some direction/suggestion.

With the cluster notables, I see you're going with more damage, with a little block. The Strike Leader one is very similar to Prodigious Defence, except PD has 3% spell block and SL has +2 melee range. I might interchange that and aim for a higher spell block.

I'm not too fond of Praxis. Do you ever have issues with mana outside of Cyclone though? Dash I assume comes from Life anyway, but are you ever not able to cast anything due to low mana?

Thank you.
++++
Last edited by madmadmaxman on Nov 11, 2021, 10:55:03 AM
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
"
mouta wrote:

Watcher's eye. If you have the currency, go with what the build creator suggests. I didnt have the currency so I'm running "X% increased damage while running pride".

Thank you mate. Appreciated.
I'm definitely no veteran but like some direction/suggestion.

With the cluster notables, I see you're going with more damage, with a little block. The Strike Leader one is very similar to Prodigious Defence, except PD has 3% spell block and SL has +2 melee range. I might interchange that and aim for a higher spell block.

I'm not too fond of Praxis. Do you ever have issues with mana outside of Cyclone though? Dash I assume comes from Life anyway, but are you ever not able to cast anything due to low mana?

Thank you.

I didnt level dash, It's sitting on level 1 so the mana cost is negligible, I'm not using lifetap, I don't have anymore sockets to put anything. I don't notice any mana issues with the rings I have. I have challenger stacks so I'm generally very fast, I only use dash on "oh shit" moments (my boots are only 23% speed).

I was hoping someone would explain about how much melee range is enough for cyclone so I'm still hanging on to that cluster because I removed 4 points from the tree that gives melee range, my aoe radius is 26. I'm going to go for a small cluster with +1% spell block and either second skin or PD. I kinda want the armour so that I can get my phy reduction higher, since I'm planning to go for an strgh/ int shield.

Currently, I'm sitting on 500k (no pot mods). A good physical damage paradoxica will bump me up to 750k, as far as pob is concerned but that's 7ex territory. The dex requirement is nasty but I think to be able to achieve such damage with a crafted sword would be much more expensive.

My current https://pastebin.com/Vu7y4EFk for reference.

Edit: I have the craft mods for the rings, if you need those I can give you a hand.
Last edited by mouta on Nov 12, 2021, 9:40:00 AM
how are people finding this build at the top end.

im dying a lot, i reduced some block to take some life and still die.

any help would be appreciated, but i feel like i have all the gear and then some and my damage isn't there for the bosses and standing still and letting any enemy hit me is a death sentence... at this point i don't even think its tanky at all.

i have tried the build with capped block but theres not enough life, ive tried the build with more life and capped block but theres no damage.

not sure what to do next really
"
KaiserOrion wrote:
how are people finding this build at the top end.

im dying a lot, i reduced some block to take some life and still die.

any help would be appreciated, but i feel like i have all the gear and then some and my damage isn't there for the bosses and standing still and letting any enemy hit me is a death sentence... at this point i don't even think its tanky at all.

i have tried the build with capped block but theres not enough life, ive tried the build with more life and capped block but theres no damage.

not sure what to do next really

Hmmm, you're in front of me. Your gear isn't too bad at all.

What tier maps or beyond are you facing issues?

I'm only currently running T11 maps and have issues here and there.
I know I can go further but I'm just farming away to get some more gear.
Can anyone help me? i have followed nearly every step, except for a few mods on gear for now because of the price. But just can't seem to go through a tier 12 map without something one shotting me.
this build is dead getting block is hard im at 64 block 62 spell block only way to push further is to get that shield in pob but it doesn't exist and if it did it would be a mirror, wouldn't recommend, have 30ex paradoxia ryslatha's curse ring most min max stuff just watchers eye and awakened gems. damage is trash and 3k life i die to pretty much anything in the game...
Got me savely through HC campaign so that part worked out nicely even tho you have to know what you are doing, i was running Vitality (100% Eff Mastery), Pride, Dread Banner (100% Eff Mastery), Herald of Purity and Blood and Sand.

4k Life, Cyclone Mana Free with Praxis, 8c Redbeak from AH - death by Poison in my 4th map xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info