[3.25]The BLOCKMAN

Cant afford flask now or eye, what other can I do? I dont feel that tanky. I die randomly a lot
"
lve2raft wrote:
Cant afford flask now or eye, what other can I do? I dont feel that tanky. I die randomly a lot

This build has 2 big weaknesses:

Abyssus and -60% chaos res.

Both are good to cause some very fast deads.
Abyssus makes big hit's that switch throug lethal (there is no 60% phys reduce in this build),
and -60% chaos resistence makes chaos dots to go on supercharge. Especially Syndicate has some nice chaos damage, timeless monoliths are good here, too.

For physical damage: Just set POB to "8k" for example as physical damage input, a big slam from a boss or a juiced up rare.

Then you get 26% reduced physical damage in the POB calculator. One hit and you are dead. There are tank builds eathing 8k physical hits for lunch.

And this is false, too - it doesn't cound Abyssus 40%. I switched the helm for another with the same armor, and the physical reduction stayed the same.

So you stand there with a paper thin armor against bigger hits - the old abyssus problem. Damage or one hits.

So if you don't like these random deaths - get chaos resistance to at least positive values (75 isn't needed), so you have at least the time to drink a potion, and try to replace abyssus. Or just keep abyssus for big boss fights like shaper (dodge the slams), and clear with a less damage less instant death helm.

On the good side the build is literally immune against barrages of small or medium sized hits, letting 80% block and life on block shining, supported with medium armor (20k is medium for a tank build).
Just to say thanks for the build first build for me to do it great nearly all content done thanks again man !!!!
Wow! Interesting build. I'm going to try it since it catches my attention.

This build is valid to play in SSF? I want to use it in the Delve event (and maybe, in the rest). I don't want to get stuck for lack of specic items or power.
“It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”
"
IntSomnium wrote:

This build is valid to play in SSF? I want to use it in the Delve event (and maybe, in the rest). I don't want to get stuck for lack of specic items or power.

You won't get any of the specific stuff - no Paradoxia, no shaper / crusader stuff, no shield with +many life / block.

And no crafting! Getting good jewellery / Weapon without crafting is nearly impossible. This build does lots damage with all this +xx physical damage on rings amus girdle hat gloves.

It'l be just a generic sword+board fighter, with limited damage. Pick up any weapon with usable base and ID it...
But all these special builds using jewels and shaper ... crafting stuff won't work anyway.

Or if you want melee, I think a bonk build is better. There you only need one big 2-hander, everything else is secondary - here without all the fancy stuff, good jewelery, an Abyssus you won't do much damage.

Want to play safe with garbage + do some damage at least -> play a summoner. Even these are limited - no special spectres.

Sorry.

(For SSF 1-hander, go (imperial) claws. At least free life on hit helps a lot with cyclone - more then 1000 life / second additional when clearing those nodes with masses of monsters).

So, this was my thoughts.
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
IntSomnium wrote:

You won't get any of the specific stuff - no Paradoxia, no shaper / crusader stuff, no shield with +many life / block.

And no crafting! Getting good jewellery / Weapon without crafting is nearly impossible. This build does lots damage with all this +xx physical damage on rings amus girdle hat gloves.

It'l be just a generic sword+board fighter, with limited damage. Pick up any weapon with usable base and ID it...
But all these special builds using jewels and shaper ... crafting stuff won't work anyway.

Or if you want melee, I think a bonk build is better. There you only need one big 2-hander, everything else is secondary - here without all the fancy stuff, good jewelery, an Abyssus you won't do much damage.

Want to play safe with garbage + do some damage at least -> play a summoner. Even these are limited - no special spectres.

Sorry.

(For SSF 1-hander, go (imperial) claws. At least free life on hit helps a lot with cyclone - more then 1000 life / second additional when clearing those nodes with masses of monsters).

So, this was my thoughts.

Thanks for understanding and the advices! I am relatively new to the game and I read and learn as I go.

Then I will have to play it in normal league. I already have another list of builds for SSF :D
“It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”
I have a question that i searched in the forum but maybe i missed it..why we use Riposte skill since we don't have 2 weapons??
Never played cyclone, how do you stop the stuns? that's the only thing that kills me. (lvl 55 atm)
"
HardSide wrote:
Never played cyclone, how do you stop the stuns? that's the only thing that kills me. (lvl 55 atm)

I never got killed by a stun during leveling (in fact I died with this build only on mega bosses or Lv 83 juiced up Heists).

Get more life, a lot more.

You have taken damage nodes first, and not much life on equipment. The more life you have, the less stuns / shorter stuns / more time to recover /time to press an instant health potion and a granite. A lions roar is both defense and offense, perfect.

Or get more armor/resis. But that's much more difficult.

Spoiler

Hi All. Currently running this build in Endless Delve -- check out spoiler for what gear/links I've managed to achieve @ Level 92. Because the end-game version of this build does revolve around certain key uniques/enchants (paradoxica, - mana cost to skills, etc.) you're definitely limited to what you can do in SSF.

With that said, the build has worked quite well up to depth 200 and no doubt I will get to 95 w/ little problem. The survivability is still quite high and w/ bleed explosions you DPS through some rather intense encounters. A few tips :

* Run Molten Shell (w/ or w/o increased duration) on your left-walk key for an extra defensive layer + increase reflect damage. Also, Enduring Cry is an extra defensive layer I highly recommend.

* Run Maxed HoP / Precision / DB / B&S (you'll still have a useable mana pool 150-200'ish) -- Pride is too expensive IMO and its usefulness for single target loses value in delve that's really all about clearing packs.

* Drop Ice Golem from your cast-when-hit setup (this thing dies all the time on when used as low level) & replace it with a low level Vulnerability

* You'll get a weapon w/ decent physical rolls eventually, but elemental damage on attack can also add quite a bit to your DPS, and should not be overlooked. This is a major reason I'm running impale (and/or infused channeling) instead of brutality in my 5-link.

*Smuggler's Stash nodes (Rogue Exiles) are pretty brutal if you don't have an anti-curse flask (vulnerability). So might want to avoid some of these at deeper depths until you have one.

Cheers. GLHF.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Dec 14, 2020, 1:07:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info