3.9.2 Patch Notes

"
Vampyress86 wrote:
"
Jaylock24 wrote:
"
thep10xer wrote:

What does challenge amount have to do with anything? I'm only 20 and completed atlas and did multiple level 8 awakeners.

Because from his idiotic ranting post, it looks like he doesn't understand how the new atlas works. Maybe if he did some research and actually learned how it worked, he wouldn't be whining so much about it.

I fully awakened my atlas no problem during the first month of release. And I took my time. I ran many maps, and i figured out through due course of time how it worked, and then just worked to open my atlas up.

If you aren't level 36 by now, your opinion doesn't matter much tbh.

You're right, because people who play the game with kids and full time jobs don't deserve to be frustrated by the piece of garbage we have had lumbered on us for the last month, get the fuck over yourself mate.

I have a daughter and a full time job. I'm just not baddie at this game. The game is fairly simple and straightforward to understand. I just wish the game developers weren't so transparently money grabbers, as the real effort they seem to put into the game is in their MTX rather than a staff of dedicated developers who fix bugs and properly QC their product before launching it.

The atlas is the least of people's worries. It's the constant bugs, random DCs, negative multiplayer interaction due to the flawed loot system, constant irl money spam in global channels, clunky and glitchy game mechanics. And its not just this current league, its been a constant theme over the last year.
The game plain and simple is just not smooth. Smooth like a *GASP* Blizzard game (i know, its heresy to mention Blizz in these parts due to the constant white knighting by GGG fanatics). But lets face it, Blizzard games are smooth as butter mechanically. They feel good to play. They are for the most part, bug free when they release content, and if not bug free, they fix the bugs very quickly even during holidays. GGG makes enough money now that they can't keep using the excuse of being a "small indie company" anymore. They are mainstream. They need to start acting like a mainstream game company and put more effort into QCing their product, and start treating their free-to-play players like their whales, otherwise, there will be a mass exodus.

I like this game, and will continue to play it, but the way they have been handling their "content patches," the quality has gone down by a lot in the last year.

GGG: Take it from a finance expert (my profession), reinvest some of the juicy mtx money you rake in, to bettering your product, instead of lining your pockets with quarterly bonuses based on peak quarterly user hours. Short term gains are almost always not a good idea as opposed to long term growth.
How to complete the awakening bonus objective 154/154 when The Vinktar Square Map Tier 16 can't be acquired in any way???

Giving the four Agnerod staves to the vendor is not working, the result is tier4 Vinktar....

What about Perandus Manor Tier 16? 5 x The Mayor div cards will result tier 5 Perandus manor again??? What to wait... to drop from ivory temple, or offer from Cadiro??? Years of waiting maybe, you serius?

Doryani's Machinarium Maze Map Tier 14 only in Delve?

Are theese maps exist at all??? Not a single map on trade in Metamorph league and in Standard...

Something is broken here, pls check that issue...
Hey finaly, development has been achieved and beta test will end
i just wondering..

if i need chaos resistances for sirus fight ? cuz i didnt kill him 3 times when i run walk area red baloons are rape me :S when i fight him i die instatly.

?
"
Jaylock24 wrote:

I have a daughter and a full time job. I'm just not baddie at this game. The game is fairly simple and straightforward to understand.

You're totally right, the game isn't overly complex, but like I said earlier, challenges are just to acquire free MTX, you can chose to do them or ignore them. I have two toddlers, a full time job and two level 90+ characters this league and working on my third. I could have done the challenges but the MTX didn't appeal to me. People pay for challenge completion, they could be dog shit bad at the game and pay someone who isn't to do their challenges for them, that doesn't make them good at the game or more qualified than anyone else.
"
pamparella wrote:
i just wondering..

if i need chaos resistances for sirus fight ? cuz i didnt kill him 3 times when i run walk area red baloons are rape me :S when i fight him i die instatly.

?

Yes, you need
"
I did that last league, my issues aren't with the league content, I love the league content, I even love the core changes, I just hate how the conquerors work (or don't work) right now. People are angry because they don't want to quit, they want to play the game and support it, it just shouldn't feel like another bloody job.

Yeah, I get it. But game development takes time and effort. See, the problem is, if they take their time with it, the amount of content will be smaller. And even then, it is not possible to test for every single issues that might occur.

So the situation is, they need to keep to three months release cycle, with constant reworks, bug fixes and, most importantly, LOTS of new content.

If there's not enough new content, people will riot. But then, you need to make new content compatible with the old and so on. So people end up requesting everything, all at once, immediately and without issues. That's not how world works.

Bug fixes are not exactly typing "whenGeneralAppears = doNotCrash"

While the game itself might be straightforward, the underlying mechanics are quite mindblowing. And complex to implement correctly.

tldr: shit takes time. Devs are humans. Gamedesign is not an easy job.
"
Prapic wrote:
"
I did that last league, my issues aren't with the league content, I love the league content, I even love the core changes, I just hate how the conquerors work (or don't work) right now. People are angry because they don't want to quit, they want to play the game and support it, it just shouldn't feel like another bloody job.

Yeah, I get it. But game development takes time and effort. See, the problem is, if they take their time with it, the amount of content will be smaller. And even then, it is not possible to test for every single issues that might occur.

So the situation is, they need to keep to three months release cycle, with constant reworks, bug fixes and, most importantly, LOTS of new content.

If there's not enough new content, people will riot. But then, you need to make new content compatible with the old and so on. So people end up requesting everything, all at once, immediately and without issues. That's not how world works.

Bug fixes are not exactly typing "whenGeneralAppears = doNotCrash"

While the game itself might be straightforward, the underlying mechanics are quite mindblowing. And complex to implement correctly.

tldr: shit takes time. Devs are humans. Gamedesign is not an easy job.

Trust me, I get it more than you realise, I am a senior software engineer and whilst not anywhere near the realm of games development I have a firm grasp of the software lifecycle, crunch and the dreaded bugs. The problem I see is that their 3 monthly release cycle is self inflicted, and the core changes they have decided to make fall outside of their release cycle regardless. They made an economic decision to release the core changes (e.g. atlas, conquerors and Sirus) at a time where support would be bare boned, purely for their own financial gains. Honestly, i'm just tired of how tedious dealing with the conqueror's is, so are alot of people. I don't care if they are hard, if I can't get their challenge, I just want the bloody things to spawn :p
Why does nobody speak about the +1 to gem mode on the new influence Amulets?
They are buggy as hell.

And this issue exists since those amulets exist.

Time? is time the issue?

Like you need more then 3 weeks to fix things?

Going on vacation and just letting all players sit on heavy bugs is just ridicules...

You are not a indie company anymore with 2-3 ppl working.

Everyone makes theyr own expirience with bugs in this game.
Mine was this shit with the +1 to skill gem influence Amulet.
I just spend so mutch currency for it that i honestly stop playing because this item is not working... so basicly it makes me quit the game till its fixed.

Only question is how long does it take ggg to fix this... because it looks like they have to fix 100000 things simultanly...

Dont het me wrong, i love this game and thats why i am emotinal about it and seeing this game dying because of bugs just makes me sad :(
Any chance we get a fix on monsters that use ground slam and stand in the banner radius created by Drox in maps? I've been killed by those things off screen too many times now.

Glad to see a few things in Sirus fight finally get scaled back. I had just abandoned even attempting him. Specially the storm damage to minions. My zombies would die just walking to go fight Sirus because they walk through them. Really lame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info