[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Hi
I wanted to make a holy relic character for a while now, and with the new amulet "ashes of the stars", I decided to give it a try, and I'm very impressesd with the build. Thx for the guide moosseolini, as my character wouldnt be able to reach this height, if wasnt for your guide.

Here is how my character turn out to be: https://pastebin.com/dLGPviCZ
"
Hi
I wanted to make a holy relic character for a while now, and with the new amulet "ashes of the stars", I decided to give it a try, and I'm very impressesd with the build. Thx for the guide moosseolini, as my character wouldnt be able to reach this height, if wasnt for your guide.

Why spectre and stuff AG you use ? Nice build
"
_Midlife_ wrote:
"
Hi

Why spectre and stuff AG you use ? Nice build

Since power charges gives me soooo much damage, being by far the strongest buff for me, and my only power charge generation being assassin's mark, I decided to put a host chieftain spectre, to get a better sustain of power charge, although I can only use one specre, because if I use more, I would have 5 allies, and that would activate the onslaught from guardian ascendancy, and that would fuck my trigger rate.

Itens for animate guardian:
kingmaker
enemies take increased phys dmg helmet (rare helmet)
Doppelgänger Guise body armour (defense for him)
Windshriek, Reinforced Greaves (+1 curse boots)
Hands of the High Templar, Crusader Gloves (vulnerability on hit)
Maybe a dumb question but. Must Geofrey's be 20% cooldown recovery exactly?
I'm trying to hit the numbers of skill cooldown for holy relic but I think you just tweak it with the quality of the divergent gem.

I'm trying to patch the character in standard

Thanks

PD: I also see that you have Vulnerability on the helmet and animated guardian. How do you get to them?
Last edited by wyrm00 on Mar 14, 2022, 9:50:09 AM
"
wyrm00 wrote:
Maybe a dumb question but. Must Geofrey's be 20% cooldown recovery exactly?
I'm trying to hit the numbers of skill cooldown for holy relic but I think you just tweak it with the quality of the divergent gem.

I'm trying to patch the character in standard

Thanks

PD: I also see that you have Vulnerability on the helmet and animated guardian. How do you get to them?

My amulet doesnt have 30% quality to gems, it has 29%, but since I got 22% quality on the divergent holy relic... its the same as if I had 30% on the amulet and 20% on the gem. But yes the helmet needs to be 20% in order for to have the max cooldown recover.

The vulnerability on the helmet in the pob is just to simulate the curse. The one that apply that curse is my animate guardian, with the sirus gloves. "Animate guardian on hit" is just to say that he's the applying that.
Some of the things that I wrote on the configuration section are also applied by the animate guardian and are there just to simulate the DPS

Just to be clear, If you have 20% from the helmet, 20% on the divergent relic and 30% from the amulet, your cyclone atk speed must be as close as possible to 4,33 atk speed, for max trigger rate.
Last edited by EsqueletoㆍAvulso on Mar 18, 2022, 2:34:01 AM
Using Divergent Summon Holy Relic, i changed from Static Strike to Cyclone, but since quality effect CDR obviously 30% ashes of the star neck is the way to go.
53% quality divergent thats 53% CDR, but we need to go further. WE NEED TO DOUBLE THAT.

Staff is now 3B 2R and 1G. I don't use Minion damage support or life i changed that to Enhance corrupted level 4(level 7 with staff). With that we acheive 101% CDR. Running Cyclone with a 1.55aspd staff we reach ludicrious speeds and make our damage increase by basically doubling the cast of Holy relics

Finally did it!!! \o/
Cost more than I would like, and its probably not worth, but I wanted to do it either way, and I'm super happy with it.
"
Phoroz wrote:
Using Divergent Summon Holy Relic, i changed from Static Strike to Cyclone, but since quality effect CDR obviously 30% ashes of the star neck is the way to go.
53% quality divergent thats 53% CDR, but we need to go further. WE NEED TO DOUBLE THAT.

Staff is now 3B 2R and 1G. I don't use Minion damage support or life i changed that to Enhance corrupted level 4(level 7 with staff). With that we acheive 101% CDR. Running Cyclone with a 1.55aspd staff we reach ludicrious speeds and make our damage increase by basically doubling the cast of Holy relics

There are specific breakpoints in cooldown interval on the relic's nova that you want to hit (which pob's community fork accounts for, you can see the relic nova CD when selecting the skill) - just arbitrarily adding more CDR to relic and/or more attack speed on cyclone won't necessarily increase your DPS, more likely it's actually going to decrease your DPS, especially if you aren't exactly tuning your attack speed.

The goal is to have your attack interval on cyclone as a perfect (or slightly lower than perfect) denominator of relic's nova CD. If you have even slightly too much, or much too little, you'll introduce a lot of "missed" cycles where you're waiting nearly the full cyclone attack interval while nova is off CD. The important bit is that they are as closely matched as possible.
Last edited by Thukker on Mar 22, 2022, 7:37:20 AM
"
Thukker wrote:
"
Phoroz wrote:

There are specific breakpoints in cooldown interval on the relic's nova that you want to hit (which pob's community fork accounts for, you can see the relic nova CD when selecting the skill) - just arbitrarily adding more CDR to relic and/or more attack speed on cyclone won't necessarily increase your DPS, more likely it's actually going to decrease your DPS, especially if you aren't exactly tuning your attack speed.

The goal is to have your attack interval on cyclone as a perfect (or slightly lower than perfect) denominator of relic's nova CD. If you have even slightly too much, or much too little, you'll introduce a lot of "missed" cycles where you're waiting nearly the full cyclone attack interval while nova is off CD. The important bit is that they are as closely matched as possible.

While your point is 100% correct regarding breakpoints, managing to both lower Holy Nova's CD and matching atspeed does boost dps quite a bit. According to PoB, with a +4lvl staff (synthesised base, +1 level of socketed gems, +2 to support gems) and Ashes of the Stars, a lvl 4 enhance reduces cooldown from .231s to .165s, which means 40% more dps if you manage to keep your attack speed low enough (breakpoint is 6,06 attacks per second). So it can compete with whatever 5th support you'd want to use.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
Thukker wrote:
"
Phoroz wrote:

While your point is 100% correct regarding breakpoints, managing to both lower Holy Nova's CD and matching atspeed does boost dps quite a bit. According to PoB, with a +4lvl staff (synthesised base, +1 level of socketed gems, +2 to support gems) and Ashes of the Stars, a lvl 4 enhance reduces cooldown from .231s to .165s, which means 40% more dps if you manage to keep your attack speed low enough (breakpoint is 6,06 attacks per second). So it can compete with whatever 5th support you'd want to use.

If you are running a non critical version of the relic, then yes enhance is one of the best supports, but if you run a critical version, then enhance is gonna be the 7th support in DPS order, almost the 8th.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info