[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Can anyone give me some feedback who has run this build in the past? Can it do end-game content? What type of budget are we looking at?
"
Izmabil wrote:
If I do decide to invest heavily on attack speed and can reach an attack rate of 10 for cyclone (meaning it will hits 10 times per second, right?) will there be an increase in DPS then?

My question is does investing in attack speed increase our DPS? Or can we simply have an attack rate of even 5 and we're good to go?

Attack speed gives us nothing, except maybe some life on hit if you have that. No increase in damage whatsoever. Only trigger rate counts. So 5 is good (in Expedition I had something like 4.3, actually, since I had relics that cast every 0.23 seconds using Enhance).

Depending on how Fortify actually works, a higher attack speed could be good, but not for the damage itself.

One very important thing, though: if you aim for 5, 4.99 is good, 5.01 is TERRIBLE. Going over the threshold not only will not increase damage, it will lower it. And by a lot.
"
Mentoya wrote:
Can anyone give me some feedback who has run this build in the past? Can it do end-game content? What type of budget are we looking at?

Not sure about the budget I used, but since I don't have a lot of time to play, it wasn't insane. You can check my character here: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Teschioz/Teschio_exp

I am not a skilled player by any means, this league I fought Elder, Shaper and Maven for the first time ever. And I did them all with this build, although Maven killed me 5 times (mainly because I'm not experienced with her). Shaper and Elder I did deathless from the very first time, and I killed them maybe 20 times total. Including a few times with Maven witnessing.

Uber Elder I did 3 times (without Maven), and while I'm still inexperienced (too much stuff left on the ground... the floor becomes lava after a while), I always finished the fight. Not deathless, though.

I still need to get better with Sirus, but I have done it multiple times at Awakener 8 and the most deaths I've had in a single run is 3.

I did a couple of 5-ways legions, and 3 simulacrums always finishing wave 20 (I died once in one of them, Omniphobia and Kosics both popped out at wave 20 with nasty mods).

I did 3 of the Maven's endgame invitations (both guardian sets and breachlords): I didn't do the Synthesis invitation because I didn't find all 4 bosses (I was at 3 out of 4), and I tried The Feared twice but they butchered me. This last one is the only content I could not do with my current build: not enough damage to kill them quickly enough, and so high damage from all those bosses than a single mistake kills you. Perhaps it could have been done if I were a better player, with more reflexes than my 4 decades allow, with better gear and more experience with those fights. I think a competent player can do all content with this build. Not sure about the new uber-endgame blights, breaches and simulacrums, though.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Teschioz on Oct 20, 2021, 5:06:47 PM
I'm thinking on options for 6 link body to make the build do more damage and also make the build a bit more fun. For bosses i would probably still use Kaom's heart body. In the guide Moosseolini says "Interesting choices could involve Raise Spectre, Raise Zombie, Animate Guardian, Herald of Purity, Dominating Blow, or Summon Skeletons." If i went with raise zombie or dominating blow what would be a good basic 6 link setup for these 2 skills.
"
Teschioz wrote:
"
Izmabil wrote:
If I do decide to invest heavily on attack speed and can reach an attack rate of 10 for cyclone (meaning it will hits 10 times per second, right?) will there be an increase in DPS then?

My question is does investing in attack speed increase our DPS? Or can we simply have an attack rate of even 5 and we're good to go?

Attack speed gives us nothing, except maybe some life on hit if you have that. No increase in damage whatsoever. Only trigger rate counts. So 5 is good (in Expedition I had something like 4.3, actually, since I had relics that cast every 0.23 seconds using Enhance).

Depending on how Fortify actually works, a higher attack speed could be good, but not for the damage itself.

One very important thing, though: if you aim for 5, 4.99 is good, 5.01 is TERRIBLE. Going over the threshold not only will not increase damage, it will lower it. And by a lot.

Thanks for the clarification.
So based on the current PoB, the attack rate of cyclone is 7.78/s ... this is bad then? I should try to lower it slightly below 7.5/s, correct? Or do you think 7.78/s is still okay...?
"
Teschioz wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

Not sure about the budget I used, but since I don't have a lot of time to play, it wasn't insane. You can check my character here: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Teschioz/Teschio_exp

I am not a skilled player by any means, this league I fought Elder, Shaper and Maven for the first time ever. And I did them all with this build, although Maven killed me 5 times (mainly because I'm not experienced with her). Shaper and Elder I did deathless from the very first time, and I killed them maybe 20 times total. Including a few times with Maven witnessing.

Uber Elder I did 3 times (without Maven), and while I'm still inexperienced (too much stuff left on the ground... the floor becomes lava after a while), I always finished the fight. Not deathless, though.

I still need to get better with Sirus, but I have done it multiple times at Awakener 8 and the most deaths I've had in a single run is 3.

I did a couple of 5-ways legions, and 3 simulacrums always finishing wave 20 (I died once in one of them, Omniphobia and Kosics both popped out at wave 20 with nasty mods).

I did 3 of the Maven's endgame invitations (both guardian sets and breachlords): I didn't do the Synthesis invitation because I didn't find all 4 bosses (I was at 3 out of 4), and I tried The Feared twice but they butchered me. This last one is the only content I could not do with my current build: not enough damage to kill them quickly enough, and so high damage from all those bosses than a single mistake kills you. Perhaps it could have been done if I were a better player, with more reflexes than my 4 decades allow, with better gear and more experience with those fights. I think a competent player can do all content with this build. Not sure about the new uber-endgame blights, breaches and simulacrums, though.

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much Teschioz for taking the time to write this out! I'm definitely going to give this build go after reading your post... I'm even older than you :). I'm in my 50s, but still have pretty sharp reflexes due to playing drums in a metal band most of my life...Anyway thanks again...Appreciate ya!
Last edited by Mentoya on Oct 20, 2021, 5:32:11 PM
"
Nubis7fl wrote:
I'm thinking on options for 6 link body to make the build do more damage and also make the build a bit more fun. For bosses i would probably still use Kaom's heart body. In the guide Moosseolini says "Interesting choices could involve Raise Spectre, Raise Zombie, Animate Guardian, Herald of Purity, Dominating Blow, or Summon Skeletons." If i went with raise zombie or dominating blow what would be a good basic 6 link setup for these 2 skills.

I'm not sure about that. Sure, we scale minion damage, but not minion attack speed.

I am considering a 6L chest myself, but I plan on using Spectres (for frenzy and power charges) with lifetap (to let them cast the skills that grants charges), minion life, meat shield, empower (to not let them die) and finally an Animate Guardian (for Kingmaker shenanigans). I am not very experienced with minion builds, I'm wondering whether I should squeeze in Convocation as well. If I choose to go this route, I will not swap for bosses, though. I really dislike swapping gems or gear.
"
Izmabil wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.
So based on the current PoB, the attack rate of cyclone is 7.78/s ... this is bad then? I should try to lower it slightly below 7.5/s, correct? Or do you think 7.78/s is still okay...?

Yeah, 7.78 is bad, assuming you have the standard 0.4 sec cooldown (which means you are not using a Divergent SHR. You should, it boosts damage by a lot). It's 22% LESS damage compared to what you would get with 7.5 or 10. So yeah, try to lower your attack speed. For trigger-based builds, more attack speed is not always the best choice.
"
Mentoya wrote:
Thanks so much Teschioz for taking the time to write this out! I'm definitely going to give this build go after reading your post... I'm even older than you :). I'm in my 50s, but still have pretty sharp reflexes due to playing drums in a metal band most of my life...Anyway thanks again...Appreciate ya!

For us old geezers, this build is great. Best build I used since I started playing, hands down. And the best part is, it's relaxing (especially with cyclone as a trigger): no insane button combos, huge QoL due to high regen and curse immunity, good survivability, and still does a good job in both maps and against bosses. Not the strongest build out there, but very comfortable to play, and does not require insane investment. Also, aside from Fortify (we will have to see if it's still viable), this build got buffed this patch compared to the last league.
"
Teschioz wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

For us old geezers, this build is great. Best build I used since I started playing, hands down. And the best part is, it's relaxing (especially with cyclone as a trigger): no insane button combos, huge QoL due to high regen and curse immunity, good survivability, and still does a good job in both maps and against bosses. Not the strongest build out there, but very comfortable to play, and does not require insane investment. Also, aside from Fortify (we will have to see if it's still viable), this build got buffed this patch compared to the last league.

awesome! good to know....Are you trying it out again for this new league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info