[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
BatGlare wrote:
Can you share the crafting method for min-max version staff?

I've added the best way that came to my mind. If someone else knows of a better method, let me know and I'll update it.
Do you think this would be a good league starter?
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
BatGlare wrote:
Can you share the crafting method for min-max version staff?

I've added the best way that came to my mind. If someone else knows of a better method, let me know and I'll update it.

EDIT: Actually this tip is for the "normal" warstaff.

When you end up with a decent magic base (like +1 socketed gems and a great suffix) and you need to regal for a suffix but you get 2 prefixes: do NOT use a regal orb, because it will have 66% chance to break the item (removing either the +1, or the good suffix) and only 33% for the result you want (removing the 2nd prefix).

Instead, you should use a prefix to suffix beast craft to increase your chance to 50% because it cannot remove the good suffix (like attack speed or chaos res, etc.). So its either the +1 gems or the 2nd prefix which gets removed. As a very slight upside, you will also have an extra random suffix compared to just annuling.

It was roughly the same price as 2 Orb of Annulment, maybe slightly more.
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Oct 20, 2021, 3:49:03 PM
"
Izmabil wrote:
What would be a good alternative in case we can't make fortify to work like before?

I would assume maybe try to use life gain on hit and/or culling strike?

If you are far off from the optimal APS break point, you can also consider faster attack support too. Maybe you can save a few passives or currency this way.
Would it be possible to get capped attack and spell block w/o going glancing blows on guardian?
"
Reidak7 wrote:
Do you think this would be a good league starter?

This should perform fine as a league starter. It's not the best league starter but you can successfully play just this build from waking up on the shore to defeating the Maven.
"
Weatherboy420 wrote:
Would it be possible to get capped attack and spell block w/o going glancing blows on guardian?

It is possible since this patch! But it requires more investment and some sacrifices on the tree, and it is conditional.

1) First we change our staff to a Maelstrom Staff. We also need to hit a lucky Redeemer Exalt on the staff for '+15% chance to block spell damage if you were damaged by a hit recently'.
2) We then need take the entire Safeguard wheel for +20% chance to block spell damage
3) Finally, we need a Shaper amulet mod '+7% chance to block spell damage'.
4) All of our rolls need to be perfect, and then we can reach 75/75 without glancing blows.

"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Weatherboy420 wrote:

It is possible since this patch! But it requires more investment and some sacrifices on the tree, and it is conditional.

1) First we change our staff to a Maelstrom Staff. We also need to hit a lucky Redeemer Exalt on the staff for '+15% chance to block spell damage if you were damaged by a hit recently'.
2) We then need take the entire Safeguard wheel for +20% chance to block spell damage
3) Finally, we need a Shaper amulet mod '+7% chance to block spell damage'.
4) All of our rolls need to be perfect, and then we can reach 75/75 without glancing blows.

Solid.

Btw how would you level witch for the HR build? Level with minions until 28 till u get cyclone and then go similar as templar lvling?
"
Weatherboy420 wrote:
Btw how would you level witch for the HR build? Level with minions until 28 till u get cyclone and then go similar as templar lvling?

You can probably swap to the templar way of levelling after you complete A Fixture of Fate in Act 3. To be honest, I'm not too familiar with levelling minions as a witch, but I'm sure other have good advice so I'll just post Kay's guide here.

Kay's Guide

Looks like you're good to go so long as you're socketing in all the minion gems you can and supporting your Spectres, Zombies, and Skeletons for damage. You can probably level all the way to and through maps like this if you'd like, just remember to grab Summon Holy Relic in Act 3 to put in your off-hand.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Oct 20, 2021, 2:10:37 PM
"
Weatherboy420 wrote:
Solid.

I leveled with Dominating Blow from lvl28. GhazzyTV have a three part video series on YouTube about leveling with Holy Relic Necromancer - called Zero to Hero. It was quite informative and like 40 minutes all together.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info