[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

i saw on yt guy has pretty much same build except he linked inspiration instead of added cold dmg. what is your verdict on that?
So, if I dont have the Ful Replica I should not use imortall call?
"
Eranicus wrote:
"
KingKha wrote:
To calculate Blizzard Crown damage in PoB is putting 10 for "Enemy Cold Resistance" under configuration correct?

I would like to know this as well if anybody know the answer ?

If we need to add +10res in POB this crown is useless according to numbers.

Trying to find some info about this as well. Is using Blizzard Crown actually a damage gain?
is there a big dps or ehp difference between this and esoros ice nova hierophant build?

been doing esoros' build before i found this page and I could afford the farrul's fur/new prismatic jewel but I don't know if it's worth it or if I should continue doing his build...

Is farrul's fur a big difference? Checking on Poe.ninja it seems like there's slightly higher dps when people take farrul's fur, but less mana most of the time (also seems like less HP on a majority of the builds). Are aspect of the cat/endurance that good that i should make the switch?

edit - I can't afford replicas, but i def can afford the regular one which it seems like a lot of the top builds on poe.ninja are using
Last edited by Jayhen on Feb 6, 2021, 4:17:42 AM
"
Jayhen wrote:
is there a big dps or ehp difference between this and esoros ice nova hierophant build?

been doing esoros' build before i found this page and I could afford the farrul's fur/new prismatic jewel but I don't know if it's worth it or if I should continue doing his build...

Considering that Esoro's video outdated by couple leagues, this guide is far more reliable as basis to get used to architype. Not to mention that it's way more polished.

Though, monitoring poe.ninja and profiles of local Hierophants would be clever - sometimes you may witness really ingenious ideas - and most important, never forget to use your brain.

Speaking of... Did anyone wonder, what purpose serves "Anointed Flesh" in final PoB?
Combined with Soul of the Brine King, it negates chill effect on yon (with reduction of freeze duration from helm - cheap freeze immunity) which is nice by itself (as any permanent ailment immunity), but totally unneccesary - you spent 3 points in the tree to switch CB immunity jewel for Bleeding immunity flask.
This approach may be more usable if you not taking illuminated Devotion, but untill then - use freeze immunity flask and respec 3 points from Anointed Flesh for something more practical.

In the end, this build is thick, but aint focused on survivability in the first place. The faster you delete your foe, the less you have to think about defensive mechanics.
Replica Farrul's Fur is godsent if you use Immortal Call, which will save your ass from most cases of burst damage that you may catch in deep endgame, though you can complete pretty rediculous content with much cheaper body armour.

Untill Replica, you may use Stillskeen instead of Immortall Call without endurance charges - not sure which is better.
Hey again. Im working on the resists to enable an essence worm but when i do wich
Aura is best? Zealotry or herald of ice? I dont have a watchers!
"
Nezhdanoff wrote:
"
Jayhen wrote:

Considering that Esoro's video outdated by couple leagues, this guide is far more reliable as basis to get used to architype. Not to mention that it's way more polished.

Though, monitoring poe.ninja and profiles of local Hierophants would be clever - sometimes you may witness really ingenious ideas - and most important, never forget to use your brain.

Speaking of... Did anyone wonder, what purpose serves "Anointed Flesh" in final PoB?
Combined with Soul of the Brine King, it negates chill effect on yon (with reduction of freeze duration from helm - cheap freeze immunity) which is nice by itself (as any permanent ailment immunity), but totally unneccesary - you spent 3 points in the tree to switch CB immunity jewel for Bleeding immunity flask.
This approach may be more usable if you not taking illuminated Devotion, but untill then - use freeze immunity flask and respec 3 points from Anointed Flesh for something more practical.

In the end, this build is thick, but aint focused on survivability in the first place. The faster you delete your foe, the less you have to think about defensive mechanics.
Replica Farrul's Fur is godsent if you use Immortal Call, which will save your ass from most cases of burst damage that you may catch in deep endgame, though you can complete pretty rediculous content with much cheaper body armour.

Untill Replica, you may use Stillskeen instead of Immortall Call without endurance charges - not sure which is better.

thanks for the response. i'm going to save up some currency to fully switch over.

What would you level steelskin/cast when damage taken for this setup? currently using immortal call and i have a 5link farruls fur (non replica) ready to go. Just need to purchase the right watchers eye jewel, might save up a couple more EX to hopefully get some added DPS with the damage taken from mana.
Unlike Immortal Call, Steelskin's power scaling with gem level are much higher, so, i suppose 20lvl for both Steelskin and CWDT would do.
why is op using armor based low level base items in his poebin build? also some weird modifiers like +1 to socketed minion gems. am i missing something?
"
why is op using armor based low level base items in his poebin build? also some weird modifiers like +1 to socketed minion gems. am i missing something?

Its most likely just what was on the helmet when he bought them, you cant expect to get items with the most optimal prefix/suffix's. Honestly its probably the same scenario for the armour bases, its just what he could afford and fit into the build at the time.
For example my tailwind boots fit my build perfectly at the moment but they just happen to be armour base, I mean I would like it for them to have ES hell make them two-toned for the sweet resistance implicit but when I was looking for tailwind boots its just what fit my build and budget at that time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info