[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Well now with the Illuminated Devotion and Arcane Blessing rework we want to take both of them ,arent we? And what about Conviction of power?Now we can lose Endurance charges w|o this passive and play only with Farruls charges or we'll lose %leech and AREA of effect . Seems like nerf? what u gonna do? @Arcinde
Last edited by DefaultLogin on Jan 7, 2021, 3:49:30 PM
I don't think losing endurance charges in exchange for gaining ailment immunity is honestly that big of a deal.
Would we still be using Arcane Surge support with Frostbolt? I'm guessing yes since it's a level 1 Arcane Surge, but I'm not sure if there's something possibly more worth than Arcane Surge to have with Frostbolt or maybe just having that extra slot for some of the optional stuff will be nice.
The hiero rework honestly looks like a nerf, straight out of the bat, we lose both the 5% reduced elemental dmg taken and the 5% ele pen, as well as the extra 40% spell damage from Illuminated devotion. Also we will have to forget about endurances charges if we want the life leech, and power charges too until Farrul's fur.
At least it seems we will have bit more AOE, bit more cast speed, bit more mana regen and ailments inmunity.
Actually a very annoying change and honestly hierophant was just straight nerfed, either we don't get endurance charges till replica farruls and lose the damage/ele reduction compensation of the extra power/endurance charge by not going conviction of power or we don't get life leech till most likely a cluster jewel(doryani's lesson. Big trade offs either way tbh.
Regarding the changes to Hierophant.

Think I will try and modify this build slighty to get arcane cloak with lvl 20 arcane surge while also taking arcane surge effect on the tree to counteract the loss of our 40% increased spell damage (the arcane surge effect on a lvl 20 one should be very nice).

You'll have to find some more regen somewhere and maybe use lvl 1 arcane cloak though its hard to visualize but i'd have about 900 mana regen so I think it could work.

I would not take the +4/+4 charges but instead get ailment immunity so we have even more choices for flasks and using Replica Farrul instead.

I'm still hoping necromancer isn't too much nerfed cause im torn between this build and cremation but we'll see :D.
Last edited by Ethario on Jan 11, 2021, 9:47:58 AM
"
Ethario wrote:

Think I will try and modify this build slighty to get arcane cloak with lvl 20 arcane surge while also taking arcane surge effect on the tree to counteract the loss of our 40% increased spell damage (the arcane surge effect on a lvl 20 one should be very nice).

You'll have to find some more regen somewhere and maybe use lvl 1 arcane cloak though its hard to visualize but i'd have about 900 mana regen so I think it could work.

I would not take the +4/+4 charges but instead get ailment immunity so we have even more choices for flasks and using Replica Farrul instead.

I'm still hoping necromancer isn't too much nerfed cause im torn between this build and cremation but we'll see :D.

Taking as much advantage on arcane surge sounds nice, more cast speed and man regen at least (tho we would really need that extra man regen there), but if triggered with arcane cloak, we will only have arcane surge half of the time (for 4 each 4 seconds) don't we? Anyway I'm looking forward seeing what you change, really like the balance of this build.

Also sadly necromancer seems to be neerfed a bit, specially if you wanted to go archmage.
"
Heronik209 wrote:
"
Ethario wrote:

Taking as much advantage on arcane surge sounds nice, more cast speed and man regen at least (tho we would really need that extra man regen there), but if triggered with arcane cloak, we will only have arcane surge half of the time (for 4 each 4 seconds) don't we? Anyway I'm looking forward seeing what you change, really like the balance of this build.

Also sadly necromancer seems to be neerfed a bit, specially if you wanted to go archmage.

Compared to Hierophant Ice Nova, Necromancer got absolutely GUTTED damage wise. Also the Arcane surge would be linked with increased duration (and you can increase the duration even more with alternate gems).

Edit: I'm not the builds creator just thinking with the rest of you :D
Last edited by Ethario on Jan 11, 2021, 11:37:42 PM
Welp I just got through all the changes to the other classes and I'm all in on this build, bit worried about leveling and early maps as a starter but the defense of this build just looks so nice !
Personally I will probably just be replacing awakened cold damage support on Pledge with a level 21 arcane surge, better damage overall and meets the mana requirement for arcane capacitor.

Quick something I put together with my current build.
https://pastebin.com/7MbREjh5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info