Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Still no changes to enchants obtaining?
Last edited by MaxGor31 on Dec 10, 2019, 4:02:47 AM
"
neverbefore wrote:

And most important thing for GGG is to make the game slow for a casual player, so that you get through the content slower, thus playing for longer. If you think any changes towards that is an accident, it is not. They know what they're doing, it's up to you whether you're okay with such changes.

Do you really think that average casual player was racing through the story?
Do you really think, racers will be slowed down?

Casuals might spent 25 hours playing the story instead of 20 and racers might need like 4:20 instead of 4:00.

tyty posted a 3:22 Icicle Mines run. I asume he will need 3:51 then...

Somehow I don't get the point of the changes and the discussion of them.
Last edited by Schmorinder_Hölle on Dec 10, 2019, 4:02:23 AM
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
"Arc, Soulrend, Molten Strike, Shattering Steel, Lancing Steel, Venom Gyre and more have been buffed. This is a buff."

Are they trying to convince us of something? Why did they repeat the fact that it's a buff?

Well... After reading the comments here i think they might have to add it a third time. Still so many people complaining that "melee is dead", even tho molten strike can easily kill uber elder on a 1 ex budget without the buff already.
"
Payne0087 wrote:
I love it. Every league, the Balance Manifesto is posted, and every league the comments are filled with the salty tears of players. Every time, people talk about how "out of touch" the devs are, and as "do you guys even play this game?"

And every league, everything turns out just fine, with new builds emerging and old ones adapting or dying.

This is the reason I love this game; constantly changing and evolving. Keep it up, love this manifesto and can't wait for the patch notes (and new leauge).

Man just take it easy...i told in Blight manifesto that league will be a death league...and it was! I quit blight in less then 3 weeks even if i spent 200E in mtx only for blight league. I will play this league only for the new gem link stile..if exist...and probably only for less then 3 weeks or till i get the mtx. Ofc i did not buy any suport now cos i learn mi lesson.. dont support what you dont really like.
Yo nice balance boys.
Great job.
Are you aiming for dead league since launch, aren't you?
I dont understand why fast leveling is a problem but overall nice changes.
Leveling

Certain skills and supports were too prevalent when leveling, allowing players leveling new characters to advance too quickly while not rewarding players using skills appropriate to their final build.

Orb of Storms, Lightning Spire Trap, Onslaught Support, Smoke Mine and Stormblast Mine are being reduced in power at low levels, but will be around as effective late game.

Great change, now the most boring, torturous part of the game is even more boring and torturous, BALANCE!!!!
All i need is higher DPS for bow builds. I found DPS on my Ice Shot deadeye pretty much low compared to CoC discharge Shaper kill and stuff.
I was impressed by the proposed changes to enemy armour amounts. In effect making:
A) larger individual hits (eg 2 hits per second each doing 100k)
have some reason to be desirable over:
B) multiple lower damage hits that add up to the same DPS (eg 10 hits per second each doing 20k)

As it currently stands B is always the most effective way to play, because it allows for earlier and quicker changes in position for dangerous situations, more applications of on hit effects, more chances of a critical strike, faster ramping of impale, etc.

Then i read on, and the reduced physical mitigation nodes, and particularly the changes to impale, and i was disappointed. It seems hard hitting slow weapons are once again going to be relegated to uselessness.

Otherwise, I'm fully in favour of these changes, even though i usually play a necromancer and my favourite playstyle has been nerfed, it seems justified.
"
TraePOE wrote:
Leveling

Certain skills and supports were too prevalent when leveling, allowing players leveling new characters to advance too quickly while not rewarding players using skills appropriate to their final build.

Orb of Storms, Lightning Spire Trap, Onslaught Support, Smoke Mine and Stormblast Mine are being reduced in power at low levels, but will be around as effective late game.

Great change, now the most boring, torturous part of the game is even more boring and torturous, BALANCE!!!!

Keep your temper. I am sure there will be solutions by Friday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info