Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas - Awakener Kill Event

In reply to the people demanding "ingame time" to decide the winners: That would be extremely unfair. People could just watch streams or read forums/reddit to gain knowledge bout the best new boss strategies (one-shot mechanics are totally possible) and the ideal builds and then streamline their way to the boss and win a prize without having actually worked for said goal (boasting to have a shorter "ingame time" than people who tested out everything themselves). At least the current setup means that people have to keep racing and actually figure out a good starting build instead of watching others fail and then benefitting from it.

"
quickey wrote:
Just went through comment section, and this is absolutely insane how delusional people are. They talk about having no chance because it is HCSSF. Do they think they would have any chance in normal SC? :D Let's be honest, the same people who will win this would win the SC/SCSSF event as well.

Exactly this. Regardless of the mode, the people with the most practice, playing the game the most effective (time/level/farming ratio), would win either way.

"
SashaHiL wrote:
What the point for me to even start that race? Correct me, if I'm missing smth.

Playing for fun, cause you might like the game or want to try out the new expansion and league. That might be what you're missing here. The race is purely optional and the fact that there exist people who might end up winning something should have no effect on your own, personal joy when playing the game. You still get a free expansion & free league out of it, at the very least.
Last edited by TheSwarmIdentity on Dec 4, 2019, 5:19:55 AM
You're not missing something. You are correct, there is no reason for you to start that race.

This race is for people that have more or less dedicated their lives currently to play PoE.
So the same goes for me.. I'm not dedicated enough to this game to try to enter this race. But does it really matter?

This is an event for the elite players of this game. But as in every other "sport".. If you aren't elite. Then you really can't expect to earn any money from it.
So even if you like to play golf for example. You don't really expect you to get paid as the pros when ever you play a tournament or whatever.

You do it for the fun of it.
Same goes here.. As easy as that!
" tough guys dont dance " event. cool
i guess it will be fun to watch....
but this event is targeted at streamers and real pros i think.
i like the races and events more where people like me have a chance to win anything too^^
"
SashaHiL wrote:
dunno.
As a casual PoE player I feel like this race was made for some no-irl players/streamers.
There was races where I can win some cool things just for reaching lvl 60 HC. And what now? Only 20-30 no-lifers gonna take everything? What the point for me to even start that race? Correct me, if I'm missing smth.

Unfortunately even in a short race like the Exile Con Act 5, a casual will never have a chance, the dedicated top players put in so much time to practice and perfect their runs..

There are plenty of games that doesn't require the grind as much but in any shape of form poe isn't one of them.

However, I do agree they should have something for the more causal players to participate in even with tiny rewards like a free mystery box or something for killing the hardest boss for the first time.
HC is for little girls. (If I'm near death, I press my key for auto deco)
why not doing it in SSF ?
ok millenials,
do you watch sport events? do you engage in the same sport as well?
do you then complain about not winning superbowl or champions league?
if so, you're consistent.

i will tune in from time to time, but i dont have the skill nor the time to acquire it to be able to participate in a realistic manner.

and it will be like watching the world cup.
"
In reply to the people demanding "ingame time" to decide the winners: That would be extremely unfair. People could just watch streams or read forums/reddit to gain knowledge bout the best new boss strategies (one-shot mechanics are totally possible) and the ideal builds and then streamline their way to the boss and win a prize without having actually worked for said goal (boasting to have a shorter "ingame time" than people who tested out everything themselves). At least the current setup means that people have to keep racing and actually figure out a good starting build instead of watching others fail and then benefitting from it.

There should be time limit as in max hours played a day. Not sure what that number should be but sure as hell not 20 hours.

Currently if you wanna win then you basically have to no-life and ideally get on modafinil for like week straight to keep focus while severly sleep deprived.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

There is huge amount of research showing that not getting adequate sleep is destructive for your health, especially brain health and if you do no-life + 8 hours of sleep and like 1.5 hour exercise, you have no chance of beating guy who does 4 hours of sleep and zero exercise, he will be getting 6.5 hours of extra playtime every day.

The limit should prolly be around 12 hours, like if you wanna no-life then sure, but not so much that you have to be wrecking your body and brain to be able to compete.

Cant feel any joy from this, not one bit of excitement.
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
first hour you cant even join game. When you log in people already pass all acts :D also somewhere in act 5 you get killed by lag. That is how this end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info