Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas - Awakener Kill Event

Nice! Good to hear you promote HC and the SSF. I'll have a go and I'm sure I'll rip. Perhaps have some incentives for more casual players who play HC at certain milestones. #Endboss seems unreachable :)
"
Flisker_2 wrote:
"
In reply to the people demanding "ingame time" to decide the winners: That would be extremely unfair. People could just watch streams or read forums/reddit to gain knowledge bout the best new boss strategies (one-shot mechanics are totally possible) and the ideal builds and then streamline their way to the boss and win a prize without having actually worked for said goal (boasting to have a shorter "ingame time" than people who tested out everything themselves). At least the current setup means that people have to keep racing and actually figure out a good starting build instead of watching others fail and then benefitting from it.

There should be time limit as in max hours played a day. Not sure what that number should be but sure as hell not 20 hours.

Currently if you wanna win then you basically have to no-life and ideally get on modafinil for like week straight to keep focus while severly sleep deprived.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

There is huge amount of research showing that not getting adequate sleep is destructive for your health, especially brain health and if you do no-life + 8 hours of sleep and like 1.5 hour exercise, you have no chance of beating guy who does 4 hours of sleep and zero exercise, he will be getting 6.5 hours of extra playtime every day.

The limit should prolly be around 12 hours, like if you wanna no-life then sure, but not so much that you have to be wrecking your body and brain to be able to compete.

I agree with a large part of this, but unfortunately, it's not an easy fix. The harsh reality is - "Pro" gamers no-lifing games like POE will probably die earlier than they would if they maintained a normal circadian rhythm and exercised. At the end of it, though, if you're doing what you enjoy, is it worth giving that up for some extra years tacked on? Hard to say when the best years really are for any given person. I'm personally glad I gave up hardcore gaming when I got out of the military, but I did enjoy many a no-sleep weekend that I wouldn't trade for a few extra days or months when my body is old and tired.
"
Flisker_2 wrote:
"
In reply to the people demanding "ingame time" to decide the winners: That would be extremely unfair. People could just watch streams or read forums/reddit to gain knowledge bout the best new boss strategies (one-shot mechanics are totally possible) and the ideal builds and then streamline their way to the boss and win a prize without having actually worked for said goal (boasting to have a shorter "ingame time" than people who tested out everything themselves). At least the current setup means that people have to keep racing and actually figure out a good starting build instead of watching others fail and then benefitting from it.

There should be time limit as in max hours played a day. Not sure what that number should be but sure as hell not 20 hours.

Currently if you wanna win then you basically have to no-life and ideally get on modafinil for like week straight to keep focus while severly sleep deprived.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

There is huge amount of research showing that not getting adequate sleep is destructive for your health, especially brain health and if you do no-life + 8 hours of sleep and like 1.5 hour exercise, you have no chance of beating guy who does 4 hours of sleep and zero exercise, he will be getting 6.5 hours of extra playtime every day.

The limit should prolly be around 12 hours, like if you wanna no-life then sure, but not so much that you have to be wrecking your body and brain to be able to compete.

hey "buddy" i get 4-6 a night and have since i was about 10. thats what my body decided was good. people need different things [Removed by Support]. there should be no limit, if people wanna fuck themselves up let them. this take care baby shit culture nowadays is a disgrace. wah i cant run on 6 hours sleep so lets ban anybody that can. [Removed by Support] you ruin my fun cause you cant do it. who gives a shit what others do. if they wanna run 20 hour days and fuck their life let them. you trying to tell others what they can/cant do need to be removed.

go get your 8 hours sleep a night but stfu about people that push to win. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Patrick_GGG on Dec 4, 2019, 6:12:26 PM
"
Ownlirh wrote:
event for 0.5% playerbase Pog

my thoughts exactly.
"
"
Ownlirh wrote:
event for 0.5% playerbase Pog

my thoughts exactly.

actually its an open event so 100% of the player base can compete.
Sounds like great fun, just make sure it's real hardcore with logout macros disabled.
So many complains :) . People need to understand that this event is for top players. Private person gives private money to Ziz for this event... .

Its like me complaining that I have no chance with Ursain Bolt in 100m race coz he is spending on gym and treadmill way more time then me :)
Just make make characters ripping in SSF HC league transfer to ssf league and not standard and i may actually try.
Last edited by TheTrueNoob on Dec 4, 2019, 7:07:59 AM
You had me at Solo Self-found
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
Unk_Particle wrote:
People need to understand that this event is for top players.

why is everything always for the top players only? why cant they do something for the regular players as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info