[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

I think berserker will be insane with EA. THe blitz charges ensure HUGE HUGE arrow stacks on enemies
Apologies if it was already answered, I scanned through the thread and only saw another question but no response.

The new burning arrow says it converts 100% phys to fire, does the convert 50% phys to fire for the chieftain ascendancy stack or something?

Thanks for taking the time to write up this guide!
Thoughts on sticking with trickster for 3.9? Haven't seen much mention of that build around.
"
BDZLE wrote:
can clear T10 no problem.

Uh...that's not a good point of reference.
Any updates on this build with the new/updated gems? I am debating between this build and Explosive Arrow build.

Most of the EA builds are super expensive from the get go. Looking to build into it. Do you think this will still be strong for boss as well as mapping?
"
"
BDZLE wrote:
can clear T10 no problem.

Uh...that's not a good point of reference.

Update on this: just ran a t15, Working out kinks, but feels pretty decent so far even with unbuffed BA. Will upload a video soon to show how it preforms so far.
Uh oh, Stinky
I honestly don't think this is going to be a good league starter. Just WAY to many unique. Not just the normal easy to get ones either. Some of the unique are going to be top tier and in demand items this league.

This will be a great second build once atlas is established a bit and you have some currency to work with.

Of course I could be wrong who knows.
"
mapcar wrote:
I have a question about EO, crits and accuracy - maybe it's easier to just pick Resolute Technique and be done with it? Our crit chance is anyway low for EO and we have to spend points on accuracy...

With the new Ignite gem rework, there is a new stacking debuff (in addition to ignite) for each applied Ignite. Ignite itself can only have one application of damage rolling at any time - but the new debuff stacks. It does 39% of the ignite damage per second. See the gem here under reworked skills gems: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687774)

In other words, we want to attack constantly in an ideal situation. For this burning arrow build specifically, we attack around 2 times per second with 14% crit chance. So, we need around 7 attacks (7*14=98) on average for a crit. This takes us 3.5 seconds. As you can see, that is more than enough to keep the 8 second Elemental Overload buff going. It is worth it and would be a mistake to play without.

"
Zoltrix wrote:
Apologies if it was already answered, I scanned through the thread and only saw another question but no response.

The new burning arrow says it converts 100% phys to fire, does the convert 50% phys to fire for the chieftain ascendancy stack or something?

Thanks for taking the time to write up this guide!

The Ngamahu node on the ascendancy is taken for the other buff it gives. The conversion does not matter beyond 100%.

"
TonyStark81 wrote:
uuuuh this looks interesting ;) guess I will use this guide for my start into 3.9. so TY TY :)

one question:
since you use bow and quiver -> do two handed melee weapon attack mods count for bow attacks too? You have used for example "Destroyer". Will this count for Buring arrow too, attacking with a bow?

Two handed mods do count for bows - but two handed melee does not. So in this case, the only mod on the Destroyer node that helps us is the last line: "25% increased damage with ailments from attack skills while wielding a two handed weapon."

This is also a good time to note that increased attack % mods do not work for ignite. That is a common misunderstanding. Only base damage works for Ignite, not the actual hit that you do. For example, if a node says "% increased physical damage with two handed weapons" or even "% increased physical damage" it would not matter for ignite. Ignite is no longer based on the hit that you do. The damage of ignite is based purely on the damage mods that scale ignite (fire damage, damage over time, ailment mods, etc.).
Last edited by rEDNiNE150 on Dec 12, 2019, 10:13:57 PM
Thanks for answering rEDNiNE150.
Thanks for this! I was experimenting with Burning Arrow, but this looks more like what I had in mind.

Question about the Ignite Stacking and POB: Playing around, I replaced the Opal Ring with Emberwak eand the Ignite DPS went from 1.32M to 876k. Am I right to assume that this is because of the 65% slower burn? Also, is the ignite DPS the damage for a single ignite stack or for all of them, in which case would 876k actually mean 1.75M?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info